March 29, 2024, 02:24:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: New WebBuilder!!  (Read 60528 times)
Tatjana Prelog

Love, friendship and honesty are treasures!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2008, 12:25:43 PM »

I read your message Tajana, and could understand the frustrations of what you were going through.

I have only been sighned up for no more than 16 hours. I went into the Web build it, and had no problems. I compleated my first page in matter of min's. For your computer to do it's dancing, is because the Hard drive needs a good clean,to get rid of all your spywear, and viruses!

The best thing to do is back up to a external hardrive; but make sure all your files are also clean; prior to tranfer. Then have some one to Format fully your hard drive, and reload windows xp; or what ever system your using. Just load up your programes; if you have not got a external hardrive; then I do strongly recommend purchasing a Lacie it is small, and compact; easy to put in your handbag, or pocket.Very light, and No Electric, all from your pc!

Keep all your files on that drive, and keep a minimum programes that you use. you will find your pc won't dance any more! Get a good virus spywear program; that way your pc will remain secure!

I have yet to find my teething problems - if any. as a Newbie; this company as I see it is going to go far!

Happy Computing
Michael Christian  Grin

Yah, but you obviously didn't read the other (latest) messaged from October 30th where I clearly wrote I've saved the problems, but not I, actually support saved them for me. The problems were not spyware and viruses, because I'm not dummy at computering at all (better not to store all my pages, forums and blogs I own over the whole net because the list would be just too long) and besides my harddrive was totally formated so there could be no viruses and spyware (not yet). But the problem was really in SiteBuilder which crashed all my sites. That I know bacause I've tried to access the pages and SiteBuilder from several (not only my) computers, but the thing was always the same. I've written to support and they obviously managed to restore almost everything (except some HTML codes which are visible now).

Also I'm working with so many page builders from Yahoo Geocities or Small business as it's called now to MoonFruit and more and more that I know exactly what I'm talking about and unfortunatelly this one from GDI really (flor now) isn't much user friendly for those who are beginners in these matters.

With preloaded gallery in that last message I thought exactly this - preloaded gallery and my gallery is really preloaded because it's 100 % used and there is no space left (lol).

I also have one external hard drive with about 160 GB memory what at the momment is just enough, but if you would ask me 300 GB or even 1000 would sometimes be insuficient for me using programs like Poser, Bryce, Flash and what is more of them to do animations and staff.

Thank you for advises anyway, but as you see I'm not the one who would be afraid of CPUs and would noly wait what will fly by me to grab. I really had problems in PageBuilder which were not connected with my CPU at all. But what is really true, I have very kind of complicated sites with a lot of photos and such stuff what could be the crashing point in occassions of launching something new after all.

All in all, my site is here again with everything what was on it from music to photos and more ... www.tatjanap.ws ... but what is not much there is about business itself.

Oh, and by the way: I've just came to the idea when watching my old Photo Tutorial for old PageBuilder (which you still can access clicking on External link (for sentimental remembrance of the good old SiteBuilder - lol), to make a kind of video or Power Point tutorial. The only problem is the leak of time, that's all. Maybe one day I'll be able to offer you one, I don't know.

With best wishes
Tatjana
sonček

Have a better day than I ever had!!! Charish the life, true friendship, love and honesty!!

Tatjana
J_Stewart

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2008, 08:22:44 AM »

Hi:  The new web builder is easy to use, I love it.  However there is a problem with it.  I kept getting bug report's after i am finished and lost everything i just did.  Also there are teplate's that have bug's also.  I sent in all report's.  I would like to put banner's and affiliate banner's and code's, but cannot find the area to put them in.  Can you help me there please?     J Stewart
Chuck Thompson

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2009, 11:22:47 AM »

I've noticed lots of headaches coming to grips with the web builder.  Since I never used the first one, I can't comment on it.  I own over 20 web sites and growing.  What attracted me to the GDI op was the Domain hosting, domain registration, better domain name selection, low monthly price and all the other goodies that come along with the site.

The business op is ok.  Not much on MLM myself, but I was looking for something for clients who are always looking for ways to save money.  Hiring a good web designer and paying all the fees to get a site up that may not ever be seen or used is always an issue for a business.  So now I either sell the clients on building their own site for a very reasonable price, or charge them through the roof if I do everything from scratch.  (I cost $18,000.00 per 6 months and I control the site no matter what).  http://www.thompsontechnologyconsulting.com in case anyone wants to verify my rates. 

I just finished building 4 pages over the weekend and had to learn all the little tricks to the web builder.  On my GDI site, I  built a Site Design Help page all the tricks I learned while building the site.  I have to do a second page to cover a few more I learned afterward.  http://chuckthompson.ws/Homepage this is the site I built on GDI.  I'll point out a really cool trick I learned while building this site, you can build a sub site on the site where you can promote different pages as the main page.  When you check out my site, look at Global Opportunities and you will see what I mean. 

I'm going to build an advanced Site Design Help page soon that will teach people how to create an e Commerce site using GDI.   

MarshaS

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2009, 06:53:39 PM »

There seems to be alot of problems not very good for someone just joining GDI. Is there someone with some good news Marsha
WAlda

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2009, 12:19:28 PM »

HI Everyone,

In the last couple of days, I finished my website using the GDI templates and just published it. I thought the website builder was fantastic. I found the help screens to be very informative.

After publishing my website I was unsure how it would display on different size computer screens. As soon as it was published I verified how it appeared on my screen, which is a 22 ". I then reviewed it on my small screen laptop, 10.1" and my husband's computer that has an 18" screen.

I made minor modifications to the placement of wording for better appearance and re-published the pages that were modified.  I am now satisifed with the results.

Have a great day!
Tatjana Prelog

Love, friendship and honesty are treasures!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2009, 07:39:02 AM »

Oooo, yes, I agree. With new version of SiteBuilder and new templates I'm happy as never before. I still have problems with those HTML that remained on my pages, but I'll probably take some time to remove the things in the future though.

I love new templates - some of them being animated. I hope there will be more of them in the future.

Umm ... and about the promissed tutorial ... it's still not in any progress. Make the day have 48 or more hours and then I'll be (maybe) able to do some.

Enjoy site building and have fun!

Have a better day than I ever had!!! Charish the life, true friendship, love and honesty!!

Tatjana
TimOliver

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2009, 04:31:51 AM »

I haven't really played around with the newest site builder and it's templates yet. The web builder has changed a lot in the last 2 years. It use to be like front page or dreamweaver. Don't get me wrong, I like the templates. They are a great help, but I really miss all the HTML access when I got started, like the head section. Some sites want me to prove my web site is my site by adding a line to my head section. I don't suppose there is a way to merge the two site builders or give an option to which route to take. 

Is there anyway to modify the templates? There is one template with picture frames containing photos. Changing the stock photos with your own would be really cool! It also make the template more personal and versatile.

Overall, I'm really impressed with how much the web builder has improved! It is definitely user friendly to people who are use to the social site users. I'm also impressed with GDI's desire to improve the product.     
Roger Groves

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2010, 05:45:15 AM »

I have just launched my first attempt at creating my website.ws I have had ZERO problems. I am trilled with it. I have been live now for 2 weeks.
was this after the new release?
I love these toys Huhhttp://[img]http://[url=http://[email][ftp=ftp://[/ftp][/email]][email][ftp]][/ftp][/email]][email][ftp][/ftp][/email][/url][/img]
TChasm

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2011, 09:29:34 AM »

I'm still have trouble doing just about everything. Chip what's the latest word? We need some fixes and we need them now.
Tom
Ryan J

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2012, 10:36:23 AM »

I've noticed that Site Builder has been funky lately too.  I was updating one of my websites and noticed several glitches.

1) Tried adding some Java Script to my site (such as the Kontera code as well as ad code from Link Referral), but the java script code did not seem to load
2) The spacing on site builder editor is decieving (especially when you load the published page on your browser)
3) When I tried adding the guestbook plug in to one of my pages below a text box I had, it got mixed in with the text on the published page. 

Another suggestion:
There ought to be an easier way to add Google, Bing and Yahoo verification code to your site (for the sake of search engine optimization).

Ryan Jones
WilliamAmis

It's only about, what you determined as success!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2020, 04:06:47 PM »

I've noticed that Site Builder has been funky lately too.  I was updating one of my websites and noticed several glitches.

1) Tried adding some Java Script to my site (such as the Kontera code as well as ad code from Link Referral), but the java script code did not seem to load
2) The spacing on site builder editor is decieving (especially when you load the published page on your browser)
3) When I tried adding the guestbook plug in to one of my pages below a text box I had, it got mixed in with the text on the published page. 

Another suggestion:
There ought to be an easier way to add Google, Bing and Yahoo verification code to your site (for the sake of search engine optimization).

This is an old thread...for those who do not understand term "Thread" this is an outdated message area...please look at the date messages posted and that will share newness...

If you ever need support and first your upline has not given you quality hands on real human support. Then, contact me via below my 24/7 method. Nothing should cost you for GDI support and that means ever!

We get things done...

Gratitude,
 Roll EyesWilliam

"Semper Fidelis - Always Faithful"

"All Is Well" Together We Will Make It!
William E. Amis,Jr.III
(888) 888-9802 ext. 75152
24hr request for support http://www.vcita.com/william.amis?
(Hands On Trainning)
williamamis@amisinteractivecommunities.ws
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: