April 28, 2024, 04:59:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: HTML Questions? Ask Here!  (Read 148051 times)
JQuisumbing

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2006, 07:01:30 AM »

HOW DO YOU LINK TO A SPECIFIC PARAGRAPH IN THE MIDDLE OF A PAGE?

i've set up each of my pages with a TABLE OF CONTENTS. instead of scrolling to the different topics, i would like people to click on a topic on the TABLE OF CONTENTS and wala! it will go straight to that topic.

is this possible using the WS WEB BUILDER?  Huh

johann
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2006, 07:47:14 AM »

At the start of the paragraph put:- <A NAME="myparagraph"></A>
wherever you want to link from put <a href="#myparagraph>My Paragraph</a>
Manfred Kowalewski

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2006, 07:51:36 AM »

Hi,

I uploaded pic "igam.gif" successfully per ftp into my mkowa.ws directory. But on http://mkowa.ws/igam.gif it does not show in my browser.

I am not a newbie in HTML so I am a bit confused.

Is there help?

Manfred
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 07:52:14 AM by Nicole Taylor » Logged
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2006, 09:33:53 PM »

The servers are UNIX based and file names are CaSe SenSITive. Are you sure your ulpoaded the file and tyrped in the file exactly as it was uploaded. For example if you uploaded igam.GIF and you typed in igam.gif you would get this error
LisaS

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2006, 03:44:50 PM »

Okay, I've been going thru pages in the forums to build my website.

I've copied HTML codes into my pages.  All that shows up is a blue box.

I want to be able to help my customers build their sites (if I ever get any).
How can I help them when I am so lost?

So now I not only cannot seem to get any downline, I also cannot build a site.

Guess I'm getting a little frustrated here.

Undecided
DAlper

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2006, 09:20:57 PM »

Embarrassed  I am new to GDI and have had some experience with web design buttttttt, i can't figure this site builder out.  I have a banner that I want to use to guide my customers to another site but it is not hyperlinked.  I have tried everything to get this to work but can't figure it out. I desperately need help!!!!!!!!!!
Jeffrey Alper
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 09:21:44 PM by Nicole Taylor » Logged
Cherylynn McGovern

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2006, 09:52:31 AM »

Hi to all Wise Clever Ones,
Urgent help is needed here.
My business, that I have just started takes input from my website.
Because GDI was reasonably priced and offered so much extra I thought I was doing the right thing by signing up here a few months ago. Website built, finally resolved after a few prob's, no worries.... I thought.
However my site has a form that needs to be filled in by anybody that makes a purchase. It is not your usual form whereby the submitter then qualifies for all sorts of crap from any direction available to an autoresponder, it is a form that I need the answers from in order to send them the product they have just bought, it cannot be sent to an autoresponder.
This form consists of name/address/email/phone and other, input boxes, (and there are seven of them that need completing),
also, radio buttons to indicate choices and finally a text box.
I need all this info delivered to me in order to do the work. However when the Submit button is actioned it simply opens up Outlook email creation and does not send me the form nor the results of the form.
I am now desperate. I have enquired at support and they inform me that Frontpage Extensions are not installed, so thats one method down the tubes.
Any suggestions to resolve this problem would make me eternally grateful, in fact so grateful that the problem solver that gets the form working I will GIVE them Option 2 from the Options page on my site.
I guess now you have to go there to find out what it's all about. Unfortunately you will not be able to access the form but you can at least see what you could get if you solve the problem so go to
www.familytreesandbranches.ws

Grateful thanks in anticipation,
Colin.

You need a script and a cgi directory to do this.  Take a look at http://talk.ws/index.php?topic=3185.0

Hi RodB

I also have a need for a form however when I tried the link you offered to Colin back in Janurary I couldn't get access. I got messsage that topic doesn't exist or my access is denied. Is there somehwere else I can go to get info on the script and cgi?
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2006, 11:23:47 AM »

Embarrassed  I am new to GDI and have had some experience with web design buttttttt, i can't figure this site builder out.  I have a banner that I want to use to guide my customers to another site but it is not hyperlinked.  I have tried everything to get this to work but can't figure it out. I desperately need help!!!!!!!!!!
Jeffrey Alper

Add the banner from the gallery and then add the destination URL from the editor in HTML mode.
Richard_P

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2006, 04:02:38 AM »

Hi,

I have created a website that has two flash items on it that load in sequence. When i preview it in dreamweaver it looks perfect. I upload it to .ws and the first flash item plays fine and then the screen goes blank. Both items are small flash files but when the 2nd item is due to play it says "1 item remaining" and doesn't seem to load anything a all, even when left for about 15 minutes!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated as it is driving me absolutely mad!!

Best wishes

Rich.
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2006, 06:22:14 AM »

As a guess this sounds like a path problem.
WatersA

Take That Step

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2006, 03:25:36 AM »

I can get my avartar to to my forum page, I can also paste it where it needs
to be. I have selected the space where it says avatars. My question is do I
need more codes at the begining and the end? because when I try to submit
this I got a red X instead of a picture. Cry 
Do I have to go inside the code and change somethings? I am trying to export from .net on yahoo.

Ms.Waters

Success Is What You Make Of It!
W Cox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: August 15, 2006, 08:18:22 PM »

As a guess this sounds like a path problem.

Rod,

Not sure how to do a general post to this forum, so I just clicked on this message...I'd like to create a lead capture page, but don't have a clue...any hints? I am NOT a programmer, and know next to nothing about HTML - but learning slowly.

I have learned how to embed links into text, but when I do that from my main .ws page to another page, most of the graphics on the destination page disappear - the text is still there. Is there some trick to this?

Thanks!

Bill Cox

p.s. tried to figure out how to uplaod one of my gallery photos to my profile...no luck. If you haven't guessed by now, I'm still pretty green!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 08:22:34 PM by Nicole Taylor » Logged

Bill Cox
G.R

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2006, 07:10:04 PM »

Hi

Can you tell me how to put a banner on the top of ones website. On the "head" if you know what I mean, and to the "right side" of the website. As I can see now, I only can put a banner "inside" the text area.

I think it would catch the curiosity more to the website visitors.

Another question is (or my opinion) is, the where it says "page 1" and "page 2" etc, and guestbook and feedback, it would look better if "the hand" was replaced by a box so you can scroll down, and if there could be inserted "undertopics".

Hope to get feedback  Smiley
thanks

a woman
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2006, 02:23:06 AM »

You should be able to add a banner anywhere you like from the gallery. You first have to upload the banner to the gallery.

WRT your second question - I am not sure I understand what you want. I think you want a drop down menu. This is not possible unless you add it using a script. There are many javascript menu systems available on the net which will do what you want just fine.
KimFowler

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 26, 2006, 09:37:27 AM »

Is it possible to change the background colour with HTML in  a wizard design? And if I want to insert a graphic in the edit page, is there any way or language, to place it exactly where I would like too?....regards Kim, this is great I am learning something new! Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16
  Print  

Jump to: