March 28, 2024, 02:14:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings from the UK  (Read 222664 times)
Amy Derby

i am a work in progress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2005, 06:11:08 AM »

Hello Ron,
Welcome.
I'm in the US for the moment but usually am in the UK (South Hampton, specifically) approx. 3-6 months per year.
I currently promote internationally via message boards, online discussion groups, etc.  I find these type of postings and communicating via email preferable than telephone, regardless of my prospects' locations.  I actually even email my neighbor sometimes.  Roll Eyes
I know the UK is a seven hour time difference from where I live in the US, and I have been communicating with some folks in China and India.  I have found that email is the way to go.  No need to worry about waking someone up at midnight this way!!  Cool
Good luck to you.
Hope to see you around here. Smiley

~Amy~

"Imagine Being More Afraid of Freedom Than Slavery." ~Pamela Sneed~
HeatherBarnett

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2005, 10:16:25 AM »

Hi,

I joined ws several months ago and have'nt had much sucess, I have had about 6 people sign up below me and all but one have cancelled.
I have a link on the signature of my email and also a link on Ebay as I am a seller on there.
Lots of the info referred to is dealing with Flyers etc, which are more Americanised, we don't tend to do that in the UK.
Does anyone have any good advise to get this thing started, I confess I am close to quitting but I am sure this thing could be great if only I could get some signings.
Thanks for any help,

H Smiley
Marie_F

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2005, 03:42:09 PM »

Hi Heather,
                 I am  British , but have lived in the US for 6 years now. The brits do seem to be a bit sceptical and scared of being ripped off.  I have Emailed some people in UK but they don't get it. Straight away they say " sounds like one of those pyramid scams "   Grunt, grunt..thats the Brits for you!!  LOL

I am concentrating more now on the US market . You probably need to market more aggressively than just a link on your E mail sig & Ebay. There is no reason why you should not advertise online in the US to try and get sign ups from here.

As for flyers, if you write something up on wordpad, print it and have it photocopied, you've got yourself a flyer!!  they can be made in different sizes, and left all over the place, waiting rooms, reception areas, salons, etc. There is a thread with a list of places that you can leave them , if you do a search.

You just need to keep the faith, look at it as a long term  commitment, and step up your marketing plan

the very best of luck.....Marie   
Tim Wood

Newbie in the dark w/out a clue

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2005, 03:42:09 PM »

Hi everybody, I'm Tim Wood from Portsmouth UK.

Nice one Ron for starting this discussion. Please keep us updated on those UK flyers you mentioned.

I like many in here am feeling very isolated and unsure of how to effectively get this off the ground.

I have sent a message to customer support requesting an 0800 recorded message and they say
they are considering it. Please ALL OF YOU do the same. If enough of us pipe up they should take
notice... right?

I really hope we can all pull together and get GDI out to the British public. It's an awesome oppertunity!
Why are Brits so stuck up about network marketing though?  Makes me>Sad

If anyone has any real breakthroughs please share! Post here, post here and then post here again. Ron
has got something great started here... lets keep the ideas flowing!

Wishing you all the very best,

Tim Wood

You don't have to be great to start, but you do have to start to be great :-)
LindaDouglas

You have 2 know where down is b4 you can go up!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2005, 03:42:09 PM »

:-\Hi
Im a newbie too.  Just joined 20 minutes ago and have spent the last 10 messing about with my profile Huh Yeah sounds like a real winner just need to know the uk market and its a case of if Mrs Jones is doing it then Im gonna do it.  Word of mouth is hopefully gonna help.  But yeah also feeling a bit isolated not many scottish lassies on here eh Embarrassed  Well suppose thats up to us now eh Roll Eyes Any ideas on uk mailing lists I know you can buy them but do you think they're any good?  MMMMnnnnn suppose just to get a start in the UK it may be worthwhile. 

Thanks in advance for any help/advice
JNapier

Living by Faith! One day at a time!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2005, 05:17:00 PM »

I send a very BIG WELCOME to all members from UK.  There seems to be a lot of you introducing yourself here.  Great!! I hope more members will follow suit.  It is a pleasure having each of you join us in the forum.

Wishing you much success!
All my best,
Norma  Shocked

Living by Faith,
one day at a time!
Colin Gerrish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2005, 10:02:00 AM »

Hi to everyone out there.

My name is colin and I live in TONBRIDGE in KENT. England

I joined GDI 7 days ago and have already got 3 in my 1st level and 1 in my second.

I would be very pleased to hear from anyone who can help me to expand my business for the future .

Is there anyone out there from KENT.

Good Luck to Everyone

Colin
Marie_F

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2005, 10:17:13 AM »

Well Done you !!

You are off to a flying start..keep it up!!

and welcome to GDI, from a fellow Brit, now in USA

MarieB

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2005, 02:39:58 PM »

Hi to everyone! Grin

Just signed up today, so need all the help I can get!!! Undecided
I'm from Dublin. anyone else from here?

MarieB
KelleyCharlie

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2005, 03:19:46 AM »

;)Hi to Everyone,

My name is Charlie and I live in Pflugerville Area in Texas

I joined GDI today.

I am a Christian and I love the Lord Jesus with all My heart and soul. I pray that we all can be a blessing to each other.

I would be very pleased to hear from anyone who can help me to expand my business for the future .

Thank you very much and May the Lord bless all that you do!

Charlie
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 03:20:06 AM by ChipSnyder » Logged
PeterC

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2005, 07:34:43 PM »

Hi everyone,

Looking forward to GDI EXPLODING all over the world !!

I know there are many active & successful people on this board,
looking forward to sharing tips & tricks with everyone

To our success !

Peter Cairney

Scotland UK

Colin Gerrish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2005, 09:37:36 AM »

Hello again to everyone,
Colin from Tonbridge here,

I hope all new members will take heart in the fact that in my first week in GDI I got on to the Starter Pool leader board and won $38 solely by sending out e-mails to my existing contacts.

I am now about to embark on a campaign of Flyers.

What an opportunity we have in our hands!

lets all take advantage of it. AND DONT GIVE UP.

Grin

Colin
SGarry

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2005, 03:45:25 PM »

Grin Hi to all, Garry here from way down in Cornwall

I have recently started,not just with GDI but with computers aswell,and can tell you that I am
living proof that anyone can do this Huh We just need the right guidance and support to help us convince others. (flyers/business cards with 0800 number please GDI).

When trying to create my website I tried to access BANNERS but all I got was the SHOW ME THIS CODE link, no picture,and when i click on this link all I gat is an empty box. Has anyone else had this problem? If so what did you do to solve it?

Great discussion page by the way! I can tell you if you think its hard up your way think how hard it is "down ere"! I think most are still trying to find the internet by some of the responses I have had!
Because of this I thought I would concentrate on internet advertising and although the results have not been great, they have been promising. I get around 30-40 hits to my site per week and the figure keeps growing. However I know my ad is not the best, but it does attract a fair number of hits so what I don't understand is why am I still awaitng my first sign up? I have had only one person view the movie from around 200 visits and thats on the GDI replica site which everyone keeps telling me to promote. What am I doing wrong? Undecided

Keep up the good work everyone, Garry
MEllis

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2005, 11:07:26 AM »

hi all Smiley

mike from uk, new to this.i live in chippenham, wilts.
not sure of what to do yet but learning.i want to replace my job with something like this.ambition-emigrate!

no signs up as yet.

i know where to get cheap 0800(UK) numbers if anyone interested,looks better on flyers,business cards etc.

hi to all in the usa as well.

mellis Smiley

Mellis
KayReeve

Trust in yourself or no one else will.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2005, 02:54:10 PM »

HI,

I'm Kay and I'm from Norfolk UK.  I am really excited about GDI and have doubled my monthly expenses in the first week.  I received some business cards today (some I had printed in UK) and went to town with a big smile and handed some out. 

I'm also trying to build my Husband a Driving Instructor Website and I'm finding the builder realy easy after building other sites from scratch.  Also GDI is so cheap.  I paid over £500 for an independent site with all the ranking etc, and got no business back. It went bust last month but I don't give up.  Fate soon pointed me here and I'm here to stay!

Also Hi to Paul Watts, you are in my upline.

Wishing you all success

Kay Reeve
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29
  Print  

Jump to: