March 28, 2024, 11:12:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Upload Topics  (Read 68291 times)
BenjaminRiechert

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2005, 03:13:10 AM »

Hey,
I keep trying to upload pictures to my website and nothing happens.  First, it tells me to get rid of the spaces in my file name.  Then, I remove the spaces in the file name and I try to upload again and the screen refreshes and nothing has been added to my gallery.  Please Help!!!
Warren C

Internet Junkie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 01:42:08 PM »

Go back and start over. Close everything and logon again, then try to upload without any spaces in the filename. You may have to use Windows to rename the file first with no spaces.

Warren Contreras
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 01:43:27 PM by ChipSnyder » Logged

Warren Contreras
Tatjana Prelog

Love, friendship and honesty are treasures!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2005, 06:08:56 AM »

Hi Benjamin!

Acording not to repeat ourselves here on this forum too much i suggest you go and see the next topics:

.WS Services / Showcase Your Website / I need help building my web-site Please help!!!

.WS Services / WebSite Development / Website Building??

There you can find everything about uploading pictures, putting picture on your website as a map and other things related to this theme.

Many success with pictures!

Tatjana
« Last Edit: July 08, 2005, 01:06:06 AM by ChipSnyder » Logged

Have a better day than I ever had!!! Charish the life, true friendship, love and honesty!!

Tatjana
gdi
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2005, 06:10:54 AM »

Thank you, Tatjana, for making reference to already existing Posts.

Chip
Tatjana Prelog

Love, friendship and honesty are treasures!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2005, 08:00:09 AM »

You're wellcome Chip!

I've noticed a few such a posts and I aply to everyone to see through the forum for answer to his (or her) question first and only if the answer cannot be found, post the topic.

I've encounterred a lot of forums going to a total mess when the topics and questions were duplicated or even triplicated!!! And  - ws server has no unlimited space either, so why filling it with already existing things!!!

No offence, but it's better that way for all!

Tatjana

Have a better day than I ever had!!! Charish the life, true friendship, love and honesty!!

Tatjana
Y Desrosiers

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2005, 12:54:00 PM »

I go to manage my gallery and upload a file but when I go to add it to my page it is not in my personal gallery. Any ideas Huh
StacyPerez

Me thinking as usual ..lol

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2005, 02:06:31 PM »

When you added it.. Did it show it after you added it?  USUALLY,
if something is wrong you will get an error message.. Try it again..

WHEN you add content or edit content.. select image..
CHOOSE from your gallery.. IF you have a ton of images
in there... scroll to the bottom because there could be
mulitple pages.

I hope this helps you.

Stacy Perez

Stacy Perez
"Inspiring and Helping Parents Work From Home"
Y Desrosiers

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2005, 02:33:43 AM »

Well I figured out what was happening. The problem was in the file name. I had pict02.1.jpg but that extra "." was making it download as a binary file not as an image file. Duh!!!!!? So from now on no extra "."  Embarrassed

Thank you for the help.

Yves
MattWilliams

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2005, 02:33:01 AM »

I need some help uploading pics also...  everytime I try to upload a pic, I have to take the spaces out of my URL...  when I do that, nothing happens and the screen just goes back to the way it was before I uploaded my pic... any suggestions?

Thanks! 

Matt Williams
Birmingham, AL

Matt Williams
Birmingham, AL
Warren C

Internet Junkie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2005, 12:47:20 AM »

Matt,

Take the space out of the filename before you upload it. Filenames have all sorts of problems most places except Windows, so don't use them. Put an underline or a dash, but no spaces.

Warren Contreras
Peter Ellis

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2005, 07:30:13 AM »

Well I am also having trouble uploading pictures, I have removed the spaces but it now says that my file doesn't have an extension! what does that mean or am I just having a senior moment?
D Ross

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2005, 03:14:35 AM »

Hi Peter,

I'll try to help you out if I can.....

Just about all files have "extensions", Hyper Text Markup Language is an extension and instead of typing all that out, it is shortened to:HTML. Actually it's always lower case and I'm using upper case just for clarification. Anyways, images and photo's have their own extension too. JPEG stands for Joint Photographic Experts Group, and there's GIF PNG and the list goes on. They are all extensions and tell the browser how to handle the particular file. Also it is VERY important that a "DOT" (some people call them  a "PERIOD") is inserted between the filename and the extension or the whole thing won't fly right! Huh Here's an example of a filename with it's extension: grapes27.jpeg or ltpinksatin.gif It is important that there are no spaces or it won't fly right. Huh

And also, don,t worry about those senior moments, I have them all the time! Roll Eyes

Well Jerry, I hope this was of some help to you. Good luck and if you get in trouble, just yell for help, there's plenty of it here on the GDI forum.

D ROSS Grin

JeffreyN

Me and my youngest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2005, 05:41:29 PM »

I uploaded my site using FTP and it was available to see instantly.  Today I went and made some changes and re-uploaded and now the changes are not immediate.  Is this normal?
Jeff
StefaniPartin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2005, 08:59:43 PM »

When I first setup my website there was a downtime of a few hours before I could view it.

Now when I make changes it is instant.

Stefani

Mommy Enterprises
Helping Moms Make & Save At Home
Kyra Tuey

Don't just be in it for now, be in it for LIFE!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2005, 05:21:21 AM »

When I first setup my website there was a downtime of a few hours before I could view it.

Now when I make changes it is instant.

This is the same for me too!

~Kyra

Thanks,
Kyra
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: