March 28, 2024, 05:39:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16
  Print  
Author Topic: Hosting/Disk Storage Questions  (Read 145796 times)
M_Nguyen

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: June 27, 2009, 10:52:09 PM »

hello evryone im max, im really new i need some tips on "how to get the word out" i cant do the dvds, and i already sent e mails to everyone i know???
AndreYamashita

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 20, 2009, 03:08:59 AM »

Hello, i'd like to ask if i can use GDI as a photo host, like imageshack?

I mean, I wint to hosto some photos on GDI so I can link them on a squido lens I'm building, but I don't want these photos to show on my site.

I tried to copy the photo URL from my FTP client but them, when I put its address on a page, it asked my login name/pass to access the ftp server.

How can I make this happen?
Thanks,
Andre
KLee1

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 12, 2010, 03:00:57 AM »

I am using FileZilla to connect to my GDI domain.  These are the Error msgs:

Error:   Connection timed out
Error:   Could not connect to server

Does anyone know how to fix?

Thx
Anthony Simon

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 08, 2010, 08:47:19 PM »

Hey My Name Is Anthony. Does anyone know how to upload a html file into the hosting server. I keep trying to upload a squeeze page I have to the server with Core FTP and it isn't working. I would greatly appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.
MartinLauritsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: March 21, 2010, 12:56:35 PM »

Hi

I also would like to set up an Article Directory to improve traffic to my site.
I need php access and curl extensions loaded

When I try to get my directory loaded on to the server I get the following error message

"Oops... Curl extension is not loaded. Please contact your webhost with this error message."

I have done this on every other website I own on other hosting platforms and this is very much
a basic, standard requirement for those services and they are cheaper than this.

Why would GDI bother advertising their hosting as basic when it does not offer the basic hosting service?

I am not trying to be critical here as I am a long standing and generally satisfied member but this service
has been requested by many for years and is still not being attended to. Static GDI sites just will not rate
with the search engines if the tools to do so are not available. Many will have sites that no-one visits, please
again we ask to give us mysql and php access. Surely it is not too hard in 2010.

Cheers
Marty
BarbSobkowiak

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 24, 2010, 09:54:30 AM »

I have set up my gdi domain and am working the business.

I have a domain that I use for another business.  How do I include that in my gdi program?
If I use gdi for hosting it do I get paid for it?

Thanks,
Barb
RichardSturdevant1

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 28, 2010, 06:04:45 AM »

Just joined GDI and already have a question.How do I get hosting?Where do I find it on the site.Thanks.I'm glad to be here.
J Reedy

Live every day like your last...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: March 28, 2010, 02:12:50 PM »

Can anyone tell me why my html is not working with the text editor. I am working with click bank, is that the problem? They tell me to paste the hoplinks in the text editor. I have managed once to use the source button and get one to work, but now when I preview my edits, only the html code shows up, no hoplink.

Have an awesome day!
Amanda Mankins

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: April 06, 2010, 01:59:49 PM »

How can I host my page here with a .ws domain name?  I currently am paying the $10 a month an all I can use is my replicated site because it is set to change my name servers to my other domain.. I do not want that I want to host one of my sites through hostgator like I am doing now and I would like to host a site through GDI as well with a .ws domain.
STEPCONSULTANT

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 03, 2010, 09:42:05 AM »

open my computer. at address bar type http://ftp://yourdomainname and enter. popup window will appear and ask for your username and password. insert username and password and you can see one folder. click at folder and just delete content in the folder. if you build your own site, just copy and paste all your page on this folder. make sure home page must be index.html or index.htm. latest news GDI allow to use php file but i not very sure about that. if anyone know.. will you tell me?
D Hall II

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 04, 2011, 10:48:12 AM »

Please Dont get me wrong I am new here and love the income potential i see with this Business and want this to truly work as much or more then the next person. I started Friday and have emailed over 200 people i know and personally shown the video to 1 on my computer. I wish we could download the video and Burn it because i would have been able to reach at least 30 more people that way too. That sure could help speed up some of the process especially for people that do not have fast internet. I am also new to having a website and this whole thing Just wondering How do we go up against the competition when they are offering plans like this compared to what we have to offer? And why would any one have the need for something like 500 email accounts? My Best Wishes For Everyone here.

This is GDI at $10 per month

10 gigs of monthly bandwidth
 Email addresses for each of your domains     10
 Email.ws Storage per address   1 GB      
 Gallery Storage   100 MB
 Hosting Storage   100 MB
 SiteBuilder
 Professionally Designed Web Templates
 Income potential

This is GDI Premium

10 gigs of monthly bandwidth
 Email addresses for each of your domains     50
 Email.ws Storage per address    5 GB
 Gallery Storage   1 GB
 Hosting Storage   1 GB
 SiteBuilder
 Professionally Designed Web Templates
 Income potential

The competition

150 GB Space | Unlimited Bandwidth
500 Email Accounts
25 MySQL Databases (1 GB each)
All Plans Include
World-Class Data Center
FREE! $160 Ad Credits from Myspace® and Google®†
FREE! 10 Fotolia® Photo Credits†††
Best-of-Breed routers, firewalls and servers
Get priority access to our Exclusive Hosting Concierge Service for fast, expert, setup

1 mo   - $7.99/mo
12 mo - $6.99/mo  Save 13%‡
24 mo - $5.99/mo  Save 25%‡
36 mo - $4.99/mo  Save 38%‡

IvanA1

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 31, 2011, 09:36:20 AM »

and Wordpress now.
but I do not know how much space is to use wordpress, and database and forum. anyone know?
TonyE

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 10, 2011, 10:22:39 AM »

Hey guys,

I received these 3 questions from a prospect, could you please help in answering them so that I can in return help him more accurately?

here's his questions:

1. how much Bandwidth does GDI give to an active member?

2. Does GDI provide a cPanel? does GDI offer Fantastico?

3. Does GDI allow Subdomains? http:\\subdomain.domain.ws as an example

Thanks in advance for your prompt reply.

Regards

Tony

Offering FREE Support and Coaching, Until You Succeed.
Want Free Support? Book you appointment below
http://www.vcita.com/tony.eboulondzi
Longing to help you grow your business!
RTom

See personal pic on skypename: lifestudent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: September 26, 2011, 11:51:14 AM »

Hi I doubt GDI would allow sub domains as that would be diametrically opposed to what they are trying to make their primary income from.
GavinH

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 05, 2012, 10:39:49 AM »

GDI does allow sub-domains, included in the $10 pm. I have a sub-domain, and both my main domain and my sub-domain sites are built on the WordPress option now offered by GDI.

Gavin, Cape Town
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16
  Print  

Jump to: