April 19, 2024, 03:59:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I ftp with GDI?  (Read 84306 times)
AAberu

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2009, 02:34:02 PM »

To change your GDI account(domain) into basic hosting:-
Log-in to your account-click "domain"-click "change DNS"-click "basic hosting"-click "continue".....Then GDI will send you an email about your activated hosting.

To upload files in the activated hosting:-
Open an ftp software(filezilla works well....download it free if you don't have it)-connect to GDI server by filling the necessary info:-
host=ftp.hosting.ws     username=yourGDIusername   password=yourGDIpassword   port=21
Lt side of the software you will see files from your hard drive
Rt side of the software you will see your GDI domain directories
Right click at files you want to upload in your hard drive-select upload.....you will see files being uploaded.
*Make sure your home page is named one of the three below
index.html
index.htm
index.php

Cheers! 
Awle
FelipeBaltazar

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2010, 04:15:12 AM »

hi im new to the website building world. i am using Dreamweaver CS4 and i am having a real hard time trying to ftp my website?? can anybody with Dreamweaver CS4 give me some helpful insight plz??? thanks!
Chacy Smith

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2010, 11:36:32 AM »

I have uploaded my files, Now I need to know what to do now. How do I access the cpanel or whatever they use to manage and organize my files?
B Lisha

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: June 24, 2010, 09:20:36 AM »

Hi,
Loggin to your GDI account and go to domains, you will see your domain listed.   Click on change DNS setting and choose from the list.    Your choices pertain to how you built your site, if you used an outside source to build your site pick basic hosting if you used GDI pick site builder.   

I hope this helps!

Lisha M Broome
JoanneG

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2011, 09:41:23 AM »

Can someone please help.  I just don't get it.  I've read this thread, the gdi help files, my FileZilla ftp help files. My email from GDI, etc.
I keep seeing this instruction below, but... I just for the life of me cannot figure out "where" I am to go to do this.

Make sure your home page is named one of the three below
index.html
index.htm
index.php

I can't find where I am to go, or anything, anywhere that says to name my Home Page here.  Could somebody please, please tell me step by step, and click by click exactly where I go, and what I click on, to get to the exact place I'm supposed to be, in order to name my home page?

For instance, I don't know if I'm supposed to be in FileZilla, or GDI to start with, and then where to go from there....  Huh  Cry

Nav M.

Believe in yourself when nobody else will...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: July 13, 2011, 09:42:30 AM »

Hello there

Ok, firstly....I need to know what web development program are you using (Dreamweaver, Microsoft Frontpage, Notepad, Other text editors)?

^^Before I can give you a quick and easy guide^^

I'm guessing FileZilla is the program your trying to FTP your content with, correct me if I'm wrong.

For the homepage problem:

MUST DO's:

1.) Make sure your homepage is at the root of your site (Not in any folders)
2.) Make sure your homepage is named index.(file format here). NO capital letters! (examples: index.html, index.php, index.htm, index.asp)

Also, what file format is your site in? (HTML, PHP, ASP etc etc)?

Nav

Global Domains International - My-WS

A NEW GDI REPLICATED SITE IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR ALL GDI AFFILIATES Email For Business Lead Capture Page

Global Domains International
Michael Antonio

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: November 23, 2011, 11:30:41 AM »

Hi, I am using Coffecup Free FTP to upload my files. But I recently have a "disk quota exceeded" problem.  When I checked the sizes of my files, its very small as compared to my allowed disk space of 100MB. Can someone help me with this?

Thanks.

"Chance favors those who persists"!  Build Your List - Secret to Success!
Nav M.

Believe in yourself when nobody else will...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: November 28, 2011, 11:24:12 AM »

Hi, I am using Coffecup Free FTP to upload my files. But I recently have a "disk quota exceeded" problem.  When I checked the sizes of my files, its very small as compared to my allowed disk space of 100MB. Can someone help me with this?

Thanks.

Hello,

Did you check the size of your files on the server, or on your local machine (your computer)?

Your local files (the files on your computer) may be different to the ones on the server.

Sometimes, most FTP programs don't delete files on the server, when un-present on the the local machine. So if you deleted any files on your computer, chances are, they've not been deleted on the server, which is why your hosting account has exceeded it's allowed disk quota.

You FTP program should allow you to view files on the server. Go through files on there, check their sizes.

Nav

Global Domains International - My-WS

A NEW GDI REPLICATED SITE IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR ALL GDI AFFILIATES Email For Business Lead Capture Page

Global Domains International
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to: