March 28, 2024, 10:28:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I ftp with GDI?  (Read 84089 times)
JudelineM

Judeline

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2008, 07:50:00 AM »

It seems to me everyone here is having a hard time with FTP software.

Did you know that if you are using Windows XP, you do NOT need any FTP software at all??

I don't use FTP software. I simply use XP and I use it as if it was another directory. I simply click and drag my files from the folder on my computer to the folder on the server.

Works wonderfully easy. No need to learn another software program. It's built-in and Free.

Windows XP is all you need, and GDI, of course.

Judeline
Kim Wong

View Profile
FTP
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2008, 08:10:47 AM »

where can I find FTP information for my GDI website (or even better just tell me what it is!!)

thanks

Kim

Kim
Sunny T

Celebrate life

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2008, 02:36:49 PM »

Hi Kim,
If you google FTP then you find information,
but I am trying to find out myself but you
 need FTP if you have your own domain.

Kim Wong

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2009, 06:14:08 AM »

it's
ftp.hosting.ws
now I know this information appears somewhere but I keep forgetting where so I've wirttien it down!!!!

irritatingly it is not listed in the FAQ where it should be listed (in the question What is FTP)

Kim

Kim
RandyKirschner

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2009, 08:33:27 AM »

ftp.hosting.ws
username: your gdi username
password: your gdi password

If you use the Firefox browser there's a free extension called "Fire FTP".  If you use that you'll be able to ftp into your website.
S Maley

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2009, 04:42:37 AM »

Hi there.
Can anyone help me out here???
I have been trying to get an ftp set up....I have tried smart ftp, filezilla, ace ftp and lastly ws ftp.
I can't get to log into any of them.
I am using my gdi user name and password and address is ftp.hosting.ws
the error I get with ws ftp is:

Connection Error
This could be caused by any of the following reasons:
Your network connection is down.
The host address is incorrect.
The server you are attempting to connect with is not available.

Anyone got a solution.
Many thanks.
Steve.
SandraBrockway

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2009, 01:24:19 PM »

I am new to all of this, but I do know of a FTP site that is free to use:

Coreftp

Thanks
Sandi Brockway
MManoel M.de Souza

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2009, 01:26:00 PM »

Hello, I've built a personal web site that I want to host with GDI, but while I can find the links and set up for the online site builder I can't find any to links, set up, or instructions to ftp my site.  So how do I bypass the site builder and use ftp with GDI??? 

Thanks,

David
Hello David, sou Brasileiro entrei resenteente neste negocio mas nao conseguir fazer nada. Voce conseguio divulgar?
Rob_B

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2009, 06:47:47 AM »

Hi, I wanted to find out if it is possible to change the hosting username and password so that I can allow someone else to edit that site?  I have three other domains and do not want to allow them to access the ftp hosting with those, just the one.

Just to make sure you know what I mean--

Address or Host: ftp.hosting.ws
      User: username -want to change for one domain name and keep other three
      Password: password -to change for one domain name and keep other three
      Port: 21

Then I have access to ftp 3 sites and 1 I can allow uploads from someone helping me edit that particular domain.

Thanks
Rob
BrettBurr

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2009, 02:25:32 PM »

I got  my domain name through GDI and am using GDI for hosting and I wish to build my website based on templates provided for me through another source. How do I get the website I end up building to be the domain name and website that all will see when going to my website on the internet?
Thank you for the assistance.
ChrisClemons

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2009, 12:24:49 PM »

I was reading through either GDI, or Iweb 09' and noticed that it mentioned using ssh, I do believe that I read that on Iweb 09' although not to sure, I'll go back and do some research and post my findings, so maybe someone can help me out.
K_Kareem

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2009, 10:52:09 PM »

Hello all I don't know how to change to premium hosting.  I keep seeing members area but I still can't find it.  I've logged in.  Could anyone tell me which tab I need to click on in order to get to the premium hosting option.
RickUpshaw

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2009, 03:03:20 AM »

I have read through every single post here regarding FTP, but there are a couple of settings I can't find anywhere in this forum, nor can I find them on GDI's site.

The settings I can find are:

Host Name:  ftp.hosting.ws
User Name:         GDI User Name
User Password:    GDI Password

The settings I can't find are the port number, publishing mode (options are FTP, VPS, or XCOPY - I assume this would be FTP), and the working directory.  I tried FTP, Port 21, and public_html, but it didn't work.  Any ideas?  Anyone?

Huh

"If you help enough other people get where they want to go, you'll eventually get where you want to go."  -  Zig Ziglar
Muhammad Anwar_Mat Isa

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 03, 2009, 02:26:01 PM »

Hello,

Do you offer hosting services?
Yes, we do offer deluxe, self service hosting.

How do I purchase hosting?
There is no additional charge for hosting. It is included in your $10 monthly fee for the respective domain.

However, how am I going to access to that hosting? Lookup for the stats (Bandwidth usage etc.).
And even I can't access it via FTP program:

ftp.yourdomainname.ws
Username
Password
Port?
Path?

Thanks in advance!
AAberu

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2009, 02:34:02 PM »

I got  my domain name through GDI and am using GDI for hosting and I wish to build my website based on templates provided for me through another source. How do I get the website I end up building to be the domain name and website that all will see when going to my website on the internet?
Thank you for the assistance.

Hi,
When you upload files you have to make sure that your home page(the page you want to appear first) should be named either
index.html
index.htm
index.php
Then when you type your domain in an internet explorer you will see the website you uploaded
Awle
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to: