April 25, 2024, 12:28:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Website Advice Corner!  (Read 70819 times)
Julie Wallis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2005, 06:03:23 AM »

Thanks for your opinion Frank.

That is what I am thinking too
However some of my friends suggest the larger is easier to read

Julie
Marie_F

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2005, 12:36:30 PM »

I think the font size you are using is just fine !  Great website by the way!

marie
Simon_H

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2005, 09:24:27 AM »

Small font size is definately better.  If a page uses too large a font, the words just jump out of the page and it is very difficult to read.  With large resolution screens, it is much clearer with smaller text.

Great site, makes me want to by a bike and drive across Australia.  But maybe I'll try making some GDI money first!

Simon.
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2005, 11:17:34 AM »

The words on the Harley site look fine. The font size should be determined by the target market FWIW
DronellarMoore

"Retired at 35"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2005, 03:17:02 AM »

I think the main answer to this, is that in this day and age a website is a must.

Since the website obtained from GDI is a personal one, and can be used for anything, this should be taken as a huge opportunity for any project the prospect may have had in mind.

Business (Gdi and/or any other)
Family (staying in contact as a lot of families are dispersed. A chance to show latest photos and more to share with family)
Personal (any other personal motivation)

I guess its all in the way you put it across that really matters.

Hope this helps

Rachel Bouchet

Rachel I totally agree with you...for I was just communicating this to friends and family who think that www is just email...shake me wake me...

And not just any site. Some of you guys have some really nice information, but your site is too busy...people don't want to spend a lot time falling asleep at their computer...

Shorten the walk to golden fleece, and leave the other stuff in background!!~
LenCecchetto

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2005, 03:05:49 AM »

Hello,

Can anyone help, I'm having big trouble with the site builder, keep on getting this '122' error.

Len
KayReeve

Trust in yourself or no one else will.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2005, 09:59:13 AM »

Hi,

A really common question, but it keeps getting lost way down there in the forum.  I remember asking myself as there is just too much here to keep browsing through.

Error 122 means there is too much information in the HTML block.

Just 'Add content' & 'Add HTML' whilst in page view.  This will add a second block where you can continue.

Not knowing your talent  Wink If you are familiar with Frontpage or any other web builder of your own choice, you can change the options to the third one down 'build with your own web builder' or something like that, and can upload files with FTP

Hope this helps,
Kay

Wishing you all success

Kay Reeve
Warren C

Internet Junkie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2005, 05:14:10 PM »

One thing that should be mentioned, if you are trying to build a business from GDI it helps to use the Website Builder because it included a larger universe of potential prospects. If they see and recognize that this is something they can do themselves, it stands to reason it would produce more signups.

Just a thought

Warren Contreras
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2005, 03:10:37 AM »

FWIW I have recently looked at about 30 sites from GDIers who are starting out and one consistent weakness sticks out. The sites all have lots of graphics and or sexy java scripts or both. No problem with this - however you need text to build good sites. This means you have to write words and tell the surfers about yourself and what you want them to do and what your dream is and how they are going to make millions.

For example consider the cigarette industry. Write about cigarettes, why tobbacco is bad for you, ashtrays, cigarette lighters, the history of tobbacco, snuff, chewing tobbacco, cigarette holders, nictotine, cigars, pipes, humidors and anything else you can think about to lay a solid TEXT foundation about your chosen subject.

This reinforces the quality of your site and makes it stand out from all the other guys who just have pictures. Pictures are easy to put on a site and make a difference but google and yahoo and MSN IGNORE pictures.

Surfers and spiders love text.

Spell it out - remember you maybe familiar with your product but the average surfer is out cruising and has no idea at all.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 12:52:51 AM by RodB » Logged
BarbaraR

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2005, 05:27:00 AM »

hello everyone hope all is going well. I have just made my first website and would appreciate it if you might have any advice for improvement. I have looked as some of the sites and wow are they good. Hope to chat with you again.  Smiley
BarbaraR

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2005, 03:28:02 AM »

EmbarrassedOops I did forget to post my web address. Ouch, sorry. here it is.www.bluemoutain.ws.
Hoper hearing from you soon.

Barb
PGanesan

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2005, 01:23:46 PM »

Hi simon this ganesan i am a new nimber.how are doing well?

i wish you have a great X'mas and New year

ganesan
Small font size is definately better.  If a page uses too large a font, the words just jump out of the page and it is very difficult to read.  With large resolution screens, it is much clearer with smaller text.

Great site, makes me want to by a bike and drive across Australia.  But maybe I'll try making some GDI money first!

Simon.
Smiley Smiley
gdi
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2005, 02:05:51 PM »

Thank you, Rod.

Remember, our core product is the WebSite so,
let's become the premier resource for cutting-edge
WebSites!

Chip
B Chappell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2005, 03:23:53 AM »

Another aspect of web design I have implemented recently is the importance of the opening page. The first look at you site should give the viewer an idea of the main concept of your entire site, then allow the rest of the site to flesh out those concepts.

Brad

"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." The Talmud
Joseph J

"Learning is the key element to persuation"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2005, 04:02:50 AM »

I agree Brad,

The first thing that surfers lookk at is the front page of your site, so then it should look like a
million bucks or something like that. This way they will get hooked and decide  that your site is
worth the curiousity.

Unlike me I just tell everyone that if they join GDI they have the possibility of creating their own
magnificent Website because I haven't had the time to create my own. For this reason I say that
not all people are gifted in creating their own sites like me.

But I do encourage this benefit of GDI because I believe that it is anb important factor to our \
business as Chip said. Cheesy

Joseph

"KNOWLEDGE IS MY FATHER AS GDI IS THE MOTHER OF ALL WEB MARKETING"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: