April 28, 2024, 12:41:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24
  Print  
Author Topic: Ads, Flyers and Business Letters  (Read 263031 times)
Amy Derby

i am a work in progress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: August 10, 2005, 11:52:15 PM »

Steve,

Yep, this is MLM for sure.   No doubt.  No question.

But if you want to talk percentages, how many people today will be turned off by the offer to "join my mlm!"Huh  Let me tell ya, ALL OF THEM, unless they A) Don't know what an MLM is, or B) Have been doing this for years.

I'm of category B.  However, most people I meet on the streets, in my community, and even online, ARE NOT.  In fact, the only MLM-ers I know, who aren't already with GDI, are already with other big name companies (and that's how I know them!).  Either that, or they're still recovering from bankruptcy.

Therefore, anyone who's sugar-coated this down to becoming an "affiliate program" has done so in their minds and in their sales pitches only.  Why?  Because it's one way to sell this thing, right?  People hear "affiliate program" and they think to themselves either A)I've seen that on Amazon or Ebay, and those people aren't bankrupt yet, or B)I have no clue what that is, but it doesn't sound like "scam."

People associate MLM with Pyramid schemes.  And Pyramid = Scam.  So quickly most people go in their minds from MLM=Scam within 2.3 seconds.

If you want proof, I'll show you the folder in my mailbox dedicated to the comedic responses I get from people I've sent only the link to the movie to (i.e., via the "Invite" system), rather than my own personal "sugary" email masking and rewording the "5 layers" and the "multiple levels" and the "network" that's plastered all over the GDI site. 

That's why, even though I don't see it the same way Deborah does, I do sell this thing the way Deborah does.  Why?  Because if I line up ten people on the street and say, "Who wants to join my MLM?" and then ask those same people, "Who wants a Free Trial on a WebSite?", I'll get seven sign ups for the web site, with maybe three around long term, and I'll get zero on the MLM.

I'd love to sell the opportunity, but I'm being honest here.  I don't KNOW HOW to sell this as an opportunity alone, other than to MLM-ers, and they're few and far between (that is, the serious ones, not the "I want something for nothing, because I heard it on Oprah ones).  Pointing people to the video sends me responses of people who say, "What is this?  Some new advanced pyramid scam?" (That's a paraphrased quote from an email today that I received from someone who's been an online friend for almost two years....and she was serioius. Undecided)

Any advice highly welcome.  I appreciate all you've said so far, and I'd love to hear more.

Help? Huh

~Amy~

"Imagine Being More Afraid of Freedom Than Slavery." ~Pamela Sneed~
Deborah H

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: August 11, 2005, 03:37:55 AM »

Well whatever you want to call it or define it as do not call it MLMing if you want to sell it. That's the point I was trying to make. I know full well what we do. And it's not a bad thing at all whether it's MLM or not. MLM has a very bad name and if there's a way to change that I hope it happens. The old Pyramid scemes made it that way and believe me they are still alive and well. I got sucked into one before GDI. This one didn't want a one time large sum, they wanted a continual large sum to do anything. PLUS they wanted to charge for everything on earth to run your business including making you by large amounts of their product each month at a locked in amount and even pay them to go to a marketing conference! It was endless!
This is $10.00 for something I wanted anyway-"a website"-plus everything that comes with it. If I choose to sell domains and hosting, hey, what's wrong with that? It's not bogus or a blackhole sucking all my finances away. It's $10.00 a month for my site. I can generate my own leads or buy opt in leads or find trial leads from companies. I am not required to have a fax machine though I do have one. I am not required to have an online credit card merchant account though I had one and am still trying get them off of me for 3 months now. GDI takes care of all the payments for me. I like that.
It takes a lot of work but there are many ways to market this and do well with GDI without spending a ton of money. I'm not trying to sugar coat this at all. I just dislike the terms MLM and others and do my best to avoid using them especially when marketing this. We are in fact selling a service, domain names and hosting for websites, with extras. At least that's what I am selling. I may not have been doing this myself for very long, but I grew up in it. My Mother was a huge marketing personality and training them was what she ultimately ended up doing. On a plane all the time flying around training at seminars. She retired at 42 yrs. old. This before there was online marketing, so I have to wonder how well she'd have done if she'd had the tools we have, being online etc.? I just want to be carefull how we define this and market it and try and get away from all the negatives that evolved before we came along. If we make this a positive business then it will be a positive business. It is now-we just have to keep it that way.
Ok-I wrote a freeking book. I'll go & let my dobermanns beat me up in a wresting game when the sun comes up.  Cool
Deborah H
« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 03:41:33 AM by Deborah H » Logged
Dennis F

Get outa yer comfort zone and use the moment

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: August 11, 2005, 09:08:16 AM »

My "two cents" says that almost everybody is a potential customer/affiliate.  First I sell how excited I am to be a part of GDI. (That's not hard for me)

I keep all people I am in contact with updated and show my excitement for this opportunity with GDI. This is where I start to discover if people will want to join this wave. If they don't seem to be interested in the opportunity, then I start on selling them the site, you want to be seen.?right? Tongue

And I have convinced everyone I know that all marketing is some type of MLM even if society doesn't advertise it. Shocked  The local Genral Store shakes hands with, provider #1 so that he can make 10-150% on the stocked item, provider #1 shook hands with provider#2 to get the best price.....etc. etc etc  this list could go on and on.
  But I agree with Amy when I talk with people I don't know, I sugar coat it,  Wink" I Host, .ws domains and will be successful  just like the people that hosted the .com wave"     I have a tax return to deal with just like a real job.  And I point out we at GDI offer a product that can and will be used for years to come. It is their very own online address. And I also point out that at some point in time I will be recieiving a RESIDUAL income. And if you compare that with a social security check to retire off of......THEY START LISTENING Grin

It is late and it seems I am rambling.......goodnight all       Dennis 

The grass is only greener on the other side of the fence because you put the fence there...pssst... take it down.
ETan

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 11, 2005, 09:19:23 AM »

Hi Steve
I'm new to GDI > I'm from Singapore, a small dynamic Island State in Asia. I agree with you , like most people in the world  maost Singaporeans join MLM for one simple reason...TO MAKE MONEY or to have a reasonable residual income for retirement.
 Edwin Tan,Singapore
« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 09:19:42 AM by Nicole Taylor » Logged
Tatjana Prelog

Love, friendship and honesty are treasures!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: August 12, 2005, 02:03:59 AM »

Re: Ads, flyers and business letters....Share your best!!
« Reply #112 on: August 07, 2005, 11:38:59 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tatjana, I like your idea of a post to tutor those of us who need this assistance.  There are so many things I would love to learn how to do.  My appreciation goes to all computer savvy members who have the compassion and patience to teach.

All my best,
Norma 

Well, this is from part one and as we started there I'll continue here!

I just  want to tell you, that I didn't forget you and I'm preparing the powerful tutorial about how to handle with photos in sitebuilder and forum, but as I'm working this in PowerPoint 2003 I've encountered some difficulties with how the other people (who hasn't that most advanced version of the program or veiwer) would see this. When I'll figure out this too, you'll be really surprised with my work.

And yes, Norma, I agree - it's very exciting seing more adds and flyers. I've just figured out that you folks have so much ideas which I wouldn't think of in a million years!

So have a good day till next time!!!

Tatjana

Have a better day than I ever had!!! Charish the life, true friendship, love and honesty!!

Tatjana
JavierSegura

Javier here! It's great to meet ya!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: August 12, 2005, 09:09:04 AM »

Cheesy I've started to talk about GDI to friends and faily...My approach is honest and does not sound "MLMish" at all. I tell them i Host websites for 10 bucks a month and tell them the features of the hosting product. Then i seductively insert a taste of the opportunity by saying something  like "I have a .ws website as well. Once i found out about the opportunity to earn commissions from selling the .WS domain and hosting product I started using GDI's customized pages for a more proffesional look" I usually get. Wow I've always wanted a website but never thought of hosting them.

I'm in the process of obtaining a great autoresponder and 800# voicemail system....So i'm actually holding back a little...I'm planting the seed and then POW!!!...I'm gonna drop the "Super Busy Lightening Speed Get In While You Fit In" campaign. I think one of the most important things to peak interest is the lifestyle you project..You want to seem busy, busy, busy.

"Success is simple. Do what's right, the right way, at the right time"

-Arnold H. Glasow-
Amy Derby

i am a work in progress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: August 12, 2005, 03:16:21 PM »

Tatjana, I am looking forward to seeing your lesson for us.  I am always happy to be learning something new, especially to make my web sites look better.  I have become addicted to building the web site, it seems.  Grin

Javier, it sounds to me that you are very excited, and that excitement is contageous... so especially with the prospects that are all around you, I'm sure it will catch with them!!  If you have advice on autoresponders, please feel free to let me in on which one you are using.  The one I'm using is beginning to get on my nerves.  Undecided  I've been looking for a better one, just haven't found it yet.  I would definitelly appreciate any tips you have.  Smiley

~Amy~

"Imagine Being More Afraid of Freedom Than Slavery." ~Pamela Sneed~
RebaK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: August 12, 2005, 06:45:33 PM »

" I love GDI"  I'm impress with the flyers and Business cards. they do wonders for us all. I like seeing the faces on people when they look at them and tell me when they get home they will check it out on their pc. Some call me and some emails questions for me to answer. I make it simple and interesting. The lesson GDI gives r great and understandable. It would be nice if everyone would join in and see for themself how simple and relaxin this job is. Thanks to everyone!! without this I'd quite my pc for good.

Wantin a bumper sticker that says  "I LOVE MY DOT WS" or "I LOVE MY GDI"
Steve_Farber

Carpe Diem (Seize the Day)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: August 13, 2005, 08:19:03 AM »

Here are a few generic images I've collected over the last few years.  Some of them can be used to make postcard sized fliers.

If nothing else, you can use them as a guide for your own ads.  Pay attention to the way they are structured.  Notice they start out with an attention grabbing headline.

Just right mouse click and save them to your computer.

Steve Farber
Lake Charles, LA

Steve Farber
Lake Charles, Louisiana
JavierSegura

Javier here! It's great to meet ya!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: August 13, 2005, 08:21:49 AM »

Tatjana, I am looking forward to seeing your lesson for us.  I am always happy to be learning something new, especially to make my web sites look better.  I have become addicted to building the web site, it seems.  Grin

Javier, it sounds to me that you are very excited, and that excitement is contageous... so especially with the prospects that are all around you, I'm sure it will catch with them!!  If you have advice on autoresponders, please feel free to let me in on which one you are using.  The one I'm using is beginning to get on my nerves.  Undecided  I've been looking for a better one, just haven't found it yet.  I would definitelly appreciate any tips you have.  Smiley

Thanks Amy,   Smiley
I hope the information i sent you will help. Prospects are everywhere when it comes to selling the GDI "dream" if you will. Example "My Dad's in construction and does alot of side jobs.." heres me "Wow thats AWSOME!! Does he have a website?" or if your at work and a co-worker says something like "I'm so ready for another job!" you can say "You know, the only way to get rich is to go into business for yourself" that alone opens so many doors because if its one thing people know and agree on is that like Donald Trump and so many others, you have to take a risk here and there and jump into it for yourself, or you'll be breaking your back for executives and stockholders the rest of your life  Sad. I got asked if this was an MLM opportunity and I said "YES! , it is a Multi-Level Marketing business opportunity. Smiley" I didin't even hesitate because its not the actual answer that might turn them away..it's the way YOU answer the question! My prospect said "Oh yeah, I've heard about that stuff....I don't think that's for me" so i asked them while i pulled out copies of the Independent Representative Agreement, Compensation Plan and of course my beautiful snazzy Red Ferrari Flyer.."So what do you know about network marketing?" guys...9 times out of 10...their answer will be "NOTHING"...and thats were you hit'em with your enthusiastic, energetic "Oh My God If You Don't Do This You Need A Check Up From The Neck Up" sales pitch!  Grin

P.S.
I carry around my GDI documentation in my Targus laptop bag. I have found that showing them the copy of a W-9 when telling them what is required really impresses them...Alot of MLM's dont require that...and makes your sales pitch much more legit and professional in the eyes of your prospect...kinda like "Oh yeah..these guys are for real"  Wink

CHEERS!!!

"Success is simple. Do what's right, the right way, at the right time"

-Arnold H. Glasow-
gdi
« Reply #130 on: August 13, 2005, 08:47:06 AM »

Thank you for sharing the 'eye-catching' graphics with
our .WS Community!

In less than three months, it is clear we not only have
thousands of Members but, benefit from a culture of
reaching out and helping others.

Chip
StacyPerez

Me thinking as usual ..lol

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: August 13, 2005, 11:32:40 AM »

Hi Steve,

WOW those are incredible.. VERY good idea to keep that stuff...
ACTUALLY... sometimes I purposely look at spam and see what
they are using or how they write their ads which helps me..

GREAT collection!!!

Thank you,
Stacy Perez

Here are a few generic images I've collected over the last few years.  Some of them can be used to make postcard sized fliers.

If nothing else, you can use them as a guide for your own ads.  Pay attention to the way they are structured.  Notice they start out with an attention grabbing headline.

Just right mouse click and save them to your computer.

Steve Farber
Lake Charles, LA

Stacy Perez
"Inspiring and Helping Parents Work From Home"
LoganWandell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: August 13, 2005, 12:44:12 PM »

Hello Everyone! (just wanted to help out with ad ideas!)

I've got 4 designs done now... hope you can use them:

These logos/banner (whatever you want to call them Huh) are now available. If your interested in the location, at the risk of advertising another site... Please email me and I will supply the site location. I will be adding more images there periodically. Make sure to bookmark the page to share with your downlines. I do this part time for a 2nd income so as a "perk", I've offered a significant discount to All GDI Members![/color][/u]

Please do not copy images...unless you want to promote my site  Grin With my downline, it doesn't matter... I'll be hooking them up anyway! (as soon as I get one  Wink )

Hope this helps your success!

-Logan 

Here's somthing to think about:
"Only when you speak, can someone listen to your message" Word Of Mouth: It's the Secret to Network Marketing!

"The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse gets the cheese!"
Laura Rova

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: August 13, 2005, 12:49:43 PM »

I saved them all!   Cheesy
I believe my daydream is going to be a dream come true!!!  Cool  I have got to get my website up! Tongue

Thanks Steve!!! Kiss

All Good Things!
Laura Lee
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005, 12:50:04 PM by Nicole Taylor » Logged

"The sum of wisdom is that time is never lost that is devoted to work." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

All Good Things!
Laura Lee
Tatjana Prelog

Love, friendship and honesty are treasures!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: August 13, 2005, 01:20:53 PM »

WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!

NOW I'LL HIDE MYSELF UNDER MY DESK!!!

TELL ME WHICH PROGRAMM DID YOU USE! IT'S INCREDIBLE - ALL OF YOUR ADVERTISMENTS!!! THANKS TO SHARE THEM WITH US!!!

Tatjana

Have a better day than I ever had!!! Charish the life, true friendship, love and honesty!!

Tatjana
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24
  Print  

Jump to: