April 18, 2024, 08:26:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Safelist/Traffic Exchanges  (Read 6290 times)
AngelaWhite

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2008, 07:44:52 PM »

What is a safelist? What is traffic exchanges?

Thanks,
Angela
Casey Howell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 07:17:51 AM »

I will try to help with what little I know. I am not really sure about safelists and hopefully someone will help us both with that one. I do however have a little experience with traffic exchanges. Traffic Exchanges of which there are an almost endless supply of. Offer you the ability to get some free advertising. The advertising seems to be of a low caliber but exposure is exposure. The way it works is you sign up with an exchange. Almost always for free. You post your ad link with them. In return you agree to spend time surfing their other ads in exchange for getting your ad seen. The duration of your ad will usually last about 10seconds. These are referred to as hits. Look for exchanges which offer at least a 1:1 ratio. Or for every site you agree to see you are rewarded a hit to your site or a 10 second view of your site. Pros are advertising is cheap to free and it can be a great resorce for more advertising venues which are free or cheap. Drawbacks are most surf exchange patrons already are promoting their own biz-op. They are looking to improve their own exposure. The response ratio is not that great, but hey if your on a tight budget it is better than nothing. Also alot of people use a back door approach which can be done through GDI. The url you show when you surf is not a direct link to GDI but another site which you join for free. It is conjunction with GDI and is an advertising site. This is gold as most surfers are looking for more ways to advertise. The Idea is to get the sign up then build a relationship through e-mail. Slowly open their eyes to the possiblity of GDI. See if they would be interested in receiving a DVD or just watching the GDI presentation. I hope this helps. I am sure other people here will help you even more here is to our success Huh Huh Huh

Your Friend In Thought. Casey Howell. May good luck lead your path and if we part or partner may success find us both!
RobertCoaster

Hello From Long Island NY!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 07:17:51 AM »

Hi Angela,

Safelists are opt-in lists that you can join to promote your business. Usually you have to view a number of safelist ads to earn credits to have the ads you send to the list read. Non credit safelists i have not found effective.

Trafficexchanges are an online program that rotates websites. In exchange for your view of other's websites you earn credits. You can then exchange your credits for others to view your sites.

Take care,
Robert
AngelaWhite

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 07:35:24 PM »

Thanks Robert and Cassey for all the help Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: