March 28, 2024, 07:34:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: New WebBuilder!! New vs. Old...  (Read 52183 times)
LoganW

It's All Just Baby Steps...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2008, 02:59:32 PM »

After messing with the new builder and noticing the upgrades to it... other than it's slow to respond to commands, I can deal with it.

If you want to see how I've updated my website using it...check out my site at www.WorldWideIncome.ws

*sidenote*

we do need more template options though...these ones are getting a bit boring. (must my 2 cents!)

Good Luck everyone!

Logan Wandell
Wills Point, TX

The first step to success is building on a budget, whether its your time or financially. If YOU *FAIL* to plan, YOU *PLAN* to fail!
CraigTraudt

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2008, 03:04:23 PM »

May I know how building the business on a budget related to the GDI new web builder?
Does it come with a webpage builder like GDI?

I just sent this to support. Maybe we will find out something soon. Maybe not!

No One is addressing the issues of the new site builder. If you are not aware of them go to the forum and have a look. http://talk.ws/index.php?topic=11061.from1218397958#new

Can we get some information about when the issues will be solved?

I've built my business on a budget! If you need any tips on how to do it and develope youself into an expert, I can help. Just PM me and I get back to you as soon as I can.  Though, if you go to www.gdi-made-easy.ws it's sure a good starting point!

Good Luck!

I just want to know when it is safe to try and edit my site so the information that used to be at the top, is again at the top without competely having to rebuild it or lose it. Just like thousands of others who are helpless right now. Some of us were counting on being able to use this site in the manner for which it was intended, without having to buy additional business opportunities to make it work.
LoganW

It's All Just Baby Steps...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2008, 09:05:18 AM »

Wink Forgive me for not explaining myself in that last post...why would I start talking about building on a budget in the new web builder forum? Well, I was talking about budgeting your time. It does take a bit of time to make a website the way you really want it. Just like it's taking GDI some time to get the new web builder working smoothly. You just need a little patience.

If you see something on the site builder that isn't working, let them know about through the "help button".   :-\That's what it's there for.

Wink You must realize this is a new system, and will, as we all know, have a few "bugs" in it. We can help them by letting them know how to make it better. Not all servers, or browsers work the same or translate material the same.

Just do the best you can, and if you see something wrong, let them know. It's all just a matter of time when this new builder is running smoothly.  Roll Eyes

The way I've been able to get around my problems, is to just enter the HTML code into the "source" tab at the bottom of the TEXT page. Then I go back to the design tab and fix it the way I want it. It takes a few times, I've almost given up a few times, but if you be a little patient, it'll work out. Have faith!

Logan Wandell
Wills Point, TX

The first step to success is building on a budget, whether its your time or financially. If YOU *FAIL* to plan, YOU *PLAN* to fail!
CraigTraudt

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2008, 09:05:18 AM »

Here's something else that isn't working. I have been receiving feedback from my website with only the name and email address of the person who sent it.

The text that should have been delivered is missing from all of my feedback messages. You might want to test yours also.

wooohooooo my feedback is working now!
MelodyR

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2008, 02:37:09 PM »

For what it is worth, I came looking to see if I was the only one having problems with the new site builder. I guess not. It is really aggravating. Will continue to check back.
Bernard Banker

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2008, 03:23:09 PM »

If anyone would like a simplified instruction for site builder I have written down a step-by-step process that helps people like me that have been trying to figure it all out.  I don't have all the answers here but there are a lot of things I discovered through trial and error.  You can go to my site...  http://www.bernardbanker.com. and go to the GDI web design help page.  I hope this will be of help for anyone struggling with the new updated sitebuilder or those new to the program.  If you still have questions GDI support has been very patient with me and always answer my replies as quickly as possible.
E Taylor

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2008, 04:19:59 PM »

one issue I'm having is the ability to resize my objects. I read the instructions in the help guide, sometimes they work, most times they don't. Everything else, I can deal with.
Tidarut Hansub-Udom

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2008, 02:56:44 PM »

I have difficulty with the new sitebuilder! I only want to fix a small error on my links, but everytime I try to edit the text that was already there, it doesn't so anything.

What do you think about domain forwarding or basic hosting? And which one would be better for me? I'd like to make my own layout now and actually make my site look and feel more like my own work.
J_Fang

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2008, 11:55:29 AM »

I encountered problem of edit my webpage recently, because GDI hange format of webpage. I know some friends must have
 encounter same. Are there tutorial or lessons initiated by  GDI to help members to get used to it?  Thanks for reply
D Bertsch

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2008, 05:25:01 AM »

I am totally unhappy with the new one. I fell asleep when I'm waiting for the uploading of my art images! Come on! Fix it or everyone will be leaving the WS.  Or better yet, bring the old one back and we all be happy and content.
Christopher A

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2008, 11:32:24 AM »

Hello Everyone,

I am starting to find the new sitebuilder easier, however it requires a lot of trial an error.  The one thing I noticed and I hope someone has a fix for, is when you use your sitebuilder using Internet Explorer browser, you will not get the same results when you view it on Firefox. So, it gets very frustrating.

Currently, I designed my site using IE browser, I know that Firefox browser will show it differently. Can everyone check my site and provide me with feedback on what browser you are using if it doesn't come out right.

www.agnsolutions.ws

The fonts read differently on each browser. So when you start to build your site, keep that in mind. You don't want your customers to view a site that belongs to you and it looks like its not professionally done.

Any recommendations welcome...

Thanks,
Chris
AGN Solutions
DPro

Internet Marketer & Search Expert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2008, 09:07:57 AM »

Hi Chris,

I tested your link but it redirects to the GDI Domain hosting link.
Did you choose the site builder option?

Want to install a blog for your GDI domain name?
Send me a private message to get help
Yung Ka Wai

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2008, 09:26:24 AM »

Hello Web Master,

I have one question that I want to consult your advice for where put my design banner on your web page.
Please provide a cleary enough instruction guidance me how to do it step by step.

Thank you for your guidance.
Yung Ka Wai
CandaceSaunders

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2008, 03:41:14 PM »

Anyone know how to get my keywords and description to save on my properties page? I have put them in 1MILLION times and they keep disappearing!!! This is driving me CRAZY Shocked
DPro

Internet Marketer & Search Expert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2008, 11:24:40 AM »

Anyone know how to get my keywords and description to save on my properties page? I have put them in 1MILLION times and they keep disappearing!!! This is driving me CRAZY Shocked

This is probably due to the remaining glitches in the new site builder.
Just hang on there while they fix it -- or choose the hosted option. (recommended) Smiley
You can download the free open source html software to build the website.
Some links that you may find useful :
http://www.kompozer.net/
http://filezilla-project.org/

Want to install a blog for your GDI domain name?
Send me a private message to get help
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: