March 28, 2024, 10:34:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: New WebBuilder!!  (Read 60500 times)
gdi
« on: August 05, 2008, 03:32:53 PM »

The upgraded WebBuilder has been released.

Please help us perfect the migration/transition by
using the Help/Debug Report in the WebBuilder
OR, contact .WS Support.

Also, at the WebSite Development Board, please
share your constructive Posts re: new vs. old.

Chip Snyder
Admin
Gary Doyle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 03:00:43 PM »

hello Chip,  when will this new web builder be up and able to make changes?
thanks
gary doyle

"Make your mark in the World and Get your Global Domain"
Tatjana Prelog

Love, friendship and honesty are treasures!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 11:25:29 PM »

Well ... sory ladies and gentlemen that I have to complain (again), but this SiteBuilder is total disaster. I'm sitting here infront the CPU already for half an hour waiting for it to load, but it loads and loads and loads ... never end of it. Well, I don't have the fastest CPU of the World, but also not the slowest as well so ... Also I can already see these changes are more cosmetic. It would be much better if we would have one such as drag & drop builders or something like this, what is more useful and userfriendly. I'm just curious when this SiteBuilder will upload now, because I can't even exit it properly. What I can do is close the window and that's all, but that's not the way to be things done.

I already contacted support about this, but the facts are the facts and they can't be changed.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 11:28:29 PM by Tatjana Prelog » Logged

Have a better day than I ever had!!! Charish the life, true friendship, love and honesty!!

Tatjana
S Guzman

Me at work!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 05:35:02 AM »

Hi Chip!
It was very unprofessional of GDI to launch a new web builder without giving previous notification; I think you'll agree.  Good communication is paramount in running a business. Also, the new web builder was launched apparently without proper testing and it is not really operational yet. My website is a mess and all I can do about it is watch and see my ratings drop (they weren't that high).
What is going on?
S. G.

Rio Guzman
JohnSprague

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 05:35:02 AM »

Chip- Is the new sitebuilder complete yet? It is not user friendly and the security is poor. Someone has already altered my site since this new upgrade. Not happy with this - John.
StevenM1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 05:35:02 AM »

Well, I'm in the same boat, I'm not to found of the new site builder either  Embarrassed. I have been having trouble with it as well. Creating pages, or making changes takes forever to update. Got frustratred with it yesterday, and just got frustrated again today with it. Miss the old sitebuilder, it was alot easier for me to use  Cry.
CamelliaPuffer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 02:48:28 PM »

Looks like it will be great once the kinks are out of it..

ARE THERE NEW TEMPLATES
..HuhHuh   . please say yes... that is the biggest complaint I have when selling websites!

If you think you can or think you can't --  your right!
ErnestoEspinoza

" I am a Believer!!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 06:18:19 PM »

....yes, i had started to try this business 3 years ago and never really did anything, Now i am getting pumped up on it since i never really tried  anything   .

I had gotten started on building my own page.....check it out ...i did all my self w/o any previous knowlwdge about HTML, tags, etc , took me about 5 hrs..............Then CRAPPPOLA..........they done Bambooozled me !!!  Now i'm gonna see about learning to load all content via FTP.

Lets see how that goes.....Good luck folks................Nothing worth anything is easy or free ....thats the law of nature.

Give it all you got Baby and when you all out    !!!!  .............DIG Deeper..... Die Trying if you have to ....don't be a chump!!

Peace and hair grease !!

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs  even though checkered by failure,than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight
 that knows neither victory nor defeat."
DPro

Internet Marketer & Search Expert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2008, 09:38:17 AM »

After reading all the horror stories, I think it would be wise to put on hold any site design using web builder for the moment until all the hiccups are solved
Alternatively you can use 3rd party offline web builder if you can't wait to go live.
One good and free one is NVU, get the software free here:
http://nvudev.com/index.php

I have video tutorials on how to use NVU if you are new, just drop me a message for the link.

Want to install a blog for your GDI domain name?
Send me a private message to get help
Browne S

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2008, 09:21:41 PM »

Well ... sory ladies and gentlemen that I have to complain (again), but this SiteBuilder is total disaster. I'm sitting here infront the CPU already for half an hour waiting for it to load, but it loads and loads and loads ... never end of it. Well, I don't have the fastest CPU of the World, but also not the slowest as well so ... Also I can already see these changes are more cosmetic. It would be much better if we would have one such as drag & drop builders or something like this, what is more useful and userfriendly. I'm just curious when this SiteBuilder will upload now, because I can't even exit it properly. What I can do is close the window and that's all, but that's not the way to be things done.

I already contacted support about this, but the facts are the facts and they can't be changed.

I have to agree  I've  just  tried  it today  and  it  took  way  too long  to  load.
PCarr

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2008, 09:21:44 PM »

We're supposed to be building a business, but I don't see how we can possibly recommend this to anyone else when we can't even edit our own web pages now.

And no one will reply to all the questions and let us know that it's being worked on -- or at least show some sympathy for all the problems.

ChristopherBlack

I stack my change to make those dollars

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2008, 06:06:06 AM »

I did GDI several years ago and LOVED the site builder then. Now I've registered a domain and it loads for well over and hour and keeps loading and finally IE and Firefox time out after about an hour and a half. HELP HELP HELP!  I have a HUGE network of people I'm bringing to GDI but first things first. I have to build a site to demo. 

Thanks

Chris
JohnAntoniades

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2008, 02:59:32 PM »

I see , I am not the only one complainning...from my 10 pages , 2 are 'upside' down....literally...what the Huh? is going on? I tried repairing them but I can NOT even log on to the programm !!!! Please DO SOMETHING NOW !!!! I MEAN IT !!!!
AlastairHarris

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2008, 09:05:18 AM »

I'm not complaining - I like the new site builder. 

Yes I've had to redesign some of my pages, but it didn't take that long.

HUGE BONUS - it looks like we are no longer limited to ten pages - GREAT

It looks like new templates are on the way - Even better.

The content blocks are easier to use and move and you can great a more "newspaper feel" for your web pages.

I'M LOVING THE NEW SITE BUILDER.  Yes there are kinks.  I've had to do a couple of pages twice - I don't know why they didn't save the first time, but its a step in the right direction.

And the Widgets - well if you haven't had a play with them yet give it a go.

Tatjana Prelog

Love, friendship and honesty are treasures!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2008, 03:35:15 PM »

To my previous comment I can say only this:

1. When I've written the last (previous) somment I have to say that I've waited for nothing as PageBuilder didn't load for me at all.

2. Today I've logged into SiteBuilder to repair some of my sites, but to my very unpleasantly surprise I all of a sudden have no pages but I had them 10 + guestbook.

3. When I tried to repair everything it came to situation that that tab doesn't work at all and so repairing the sites wasn't possible probably because they were simply deleted during the transfer and are there no more.

Sorry to say this, but this all is VERYYYYYY!!!!! UNPROFESSIONAL and the company like you are shouldn't afford something like this at all. What did you think at all (if you think anything at all) that you didn't get some beta testers first who would try sitebuilder first so you could get all the problems and errors away already during this periode? All respected companies are doing so and I know even some geming sites (gaming shouldn't be soo sirious thing after all) who release beta versions and hire some voluntair beta testers first according to avoid such a (can't say different then) shame.

I don't know how will you do this and I don't even care, but as so much effort was put into my sites I want them back as they were.

Yes, sorry, but I am angry for the first time after a long time and I even am reconsiddering the thought of leaving GDI. Having some internet space where I could build my own sites and have my own domain had priority for me here and I didn't even care so much for the earning of some money and now the main purpose was destroyed and is there no more ...

Take a look by yourself
http://www.tatjanap.ws - total disaster in deed.

I just wish no one else would experience something like this. Imagine one is newby in developing websites and with some help from support and members here hardly developed a webpage which maybe even started to bring him/her some money and then one day with the new SiteBuilder it is there no more ... I have no doubt he/she would feel like not crying but scraming out of anger and dispear.

Now my dear GDI heads - DO SOMETHING (other then deleting this post).

Have a better day than I ever had!!! Charish the life, true friendship, love and honesty!!

Tatjana
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: