March 28, 2024, 07:55:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: I got my first signup woohoo!!  (Read 63638 times)
JesseRussell

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2006, 10:32:12 AM »

I'm new to the business. On general terms, what are people's findings in regards to the following: Generally, how long (or how many people) does it take to sign up 1 new member that remains active?

Or to put it in terms of a week or a month, what is a general rule? I.E., sending 40 invites usually brings in 1-2 people, or 10-12...something.
JesseRussell

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 04:13:45 AM »

also - i won't lie... I am a sucker for instant gratification. Is there any way to get even 2 or 3 people started? I just want to get this to be real for me. Once I have this, I'll feel a bit more comfortable about this all.
Rinus V

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 03:30:03 AM »

Hi

I just started as well.

I think most important is to have a positive attitude to start with and a good relationship with your upline.
I am in contact with my upline every 2nd day or sometimes even on a daily basis. All 5 uplines are available for you to contact and they can probably give you good advice on how to get started.

Best of luck!

Rinus Van Boven

" For every question beginning with 'Can'
        the answer is 'Yes'! "
AlanZ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 10:21:30 AM »

You must remember that everyone is different and we all have a different "sphere of
influence."  For the last 6 years (before GDI) I have been adding names and e-mail
addresses to my e-mail distribution list.  I do newsletters and once GDI came into the
picture, I immediately had people in my organization.  I put people on drip campaigns.

Anything I promote I will have some success with.  I don't mean to be bragging but
your list really is everthing.  Again, I did start my list 6 years ago and it is working.

I hope this helps,

Alan
L_Graham

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 07:17:50 AM »

Hi Alan,

What is a Drip Campaign? 

Lynda
AlanZ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 12:06:47 PM »

Hi Lynda:

Drip campaigns are friendly little reminder e-mails.  A person has to be exposed to something
6 to 7 times to take action (like a dripping faucet).  From my website, I give away free stuff
to capture information (name, e-mail address) and then put people on a drip campaign.

All I have ever wanted from people is to just SEE the GDI Flash Presentation (the 7 minute
one).  First e-mail they receive, probably gets deleted (Sunday, don't want to do any
work.  Second e-mail from me also probably gets deleted (busy, life gets in the way).  About
after 5 to 7 e-mails someone responds.  They either remove their name from my mailing or
take a look at the GDI Flash Presentation.  My e-mails are short and create mystery so the only
way for a person to learn more about what I am talking is to see the GDI Flash presentation.

I usually get 3 to 4 sign ups each month.

I hope this helps,

Alan
L_Graham

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 05:36:37 AM »

Hi Alan,

Thanks so much for the info, very helpful.  What you are doing makes alot
of sense.  Good to know you are out there to help.

Lynda
MohsinY

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 05:41:09 AM »

Friends, My name is Mohsin, I joined WS today a few hours ago. Please send tips "How to promote the site' Will be greatfull.

Thanks
Dean G

Lets Do Business

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2006, 10:56:04 PM »

Hello all

I been a member for about two weeks.
I been getting hundreds of hits and a few prospects but no takers.
Can someone give me a letter to email that might reel this people in.

Thanks
Dean
P_Mahoney

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2006, 08:05:11 AM »

hi Dean G,you say you have been a member only 2 weeks and have been getting hundreds of hits....what are you doing exactly to get so many hits.
thanks, p mahoney

nothing ventured...nothing gained... Smiley
Besma B

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2006, 12:28:56 PM »

Hi
Well I'm still finding some difficilties in builiding my downline.. but I will never give up...  Angry
MarkAustin

Mark Austin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2006, 05:37:46 AM »

How long it take depends on how acrive you are in promting your business.  There are tons of ways to advertise your business.  Classifieds online and newspaper.  FFA, forum sig files, blogs, capture pages, google add words, adsense by google, posting articals, safelists.  Depending on your advertising methods, you will want to advertise the product or service, not the opportunity.

Mark Austin

See more ways to market GDI
PWilliams

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2006, 09:09:40 AM »

Me too. I have been with GDI for a little over 2 weeks and have received over 600 hits but no signups.  Using trafficswarm,instant buzz,and safelists. But no signups. Can someone send me an email campaign that is working for them to generate signups.

Thanks,

Portia
mack88
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2006, 09:21:22 AM »

Hi Portia,

Hits from traffic exchanges do not produce signups..they guarantee you traffic/hits to your website which is what you are receiving.  What gets you signups is introducing your GDI business to people that you know.  That is why GDI created the invite system.  For every 10-15 people you introduce GDI to, you may receive 1 sign up.  So let's say you know 250 people, You may get 15-20 signups from them.  If they do the same, the same results.  Now I do not guarantee the results, but they are typical.

If you do not want to use the invite system.  The create a simple email and send it to people that you know:

Hi First Name,

I recently started a new home business.  Check out my website at www.Freedom.ws/Username or www.movie.ws/UserName/FirstName&LastName.  I'll contact you later.

Your Name Go Here

That's it in a nutshell.

Frank

Me too. I have been with GDI for a little over 2 weeks and have received over 600 hits but no signups.  Using trafficswarm,instant buzz,and safelists. But no signups. Can someone send me an email campaign that is working for them to generate signups.

Thanks,

Portia
Alan Sheffield

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2006, 06:45:47 PM »

Hi Lynda:

Drip campaigns are friendly little reminder e-mails.  A person has to be exposed to something
6 to 7 times to take action (like a dripping faucet).  From my website, I give away free stuff
to capture information (name, e-mail address) and then put people on a drip campaign.

All I have ever wanted from people is to just SEE the GDI Flash Presentation (the 7 minute
one).  First e-mail they receive, probably gets deleted (Sunday, don't want to do any
work.  Second e-mail from me also probably gets deleted (busy, life gets in the way).  About
after 5 to 7 e-mails someone responds.  They either remove their name from my mailing or
take a look at the GDI Flash Presentation.  My e-mails are short and create mystery so the only
way for a person to learn more about what I am talking is to see the GDI Flash presentation.

I usually get 3 to 4 sign ups each month.

I hope this helps,

Alan

I've found that this is a good marketing strategy. The KEY is a good subject line and to keep the messages short.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: