March 28, 2024, 11:53:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: SEO: SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION  (Read 38280 times)
D Ross

View Profile WWW
« on: July 11, 2005, 09:53:53 AM »

Hello Gang!!!

It's me again. I need some answers on META TAGS.

According to the help section on meta tags I should have a hundred key words and a breif
     Statement that describes my business. Do I have to use new key words and descriptions on
     each page? Since I plan to have six pages, will I be penalized for using the same key words
     and description on each page?

I thank you for any light that you can can shed on this matter Huh

D ROSS
Dominic Chick

Trust me I am here to help.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 03:05:53 AM »

No you won't be penalized but I would never suggest using the same words on each page I would try and find something unique for each. Plus also when you set them up make sure not to forget the comma between each one. Hopefully this helps.
Kyra Tuey

Don't just be in it for now, be in it for LIFE!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 03:15:20 AM »

You don't have to use META tags for each individual page that you create throughout your website. Most people only use META tags on their first (main) page. However, you can, if you chose, set your site up to have META tags on each of your 6 pages....the choice is really yours. It's just a little extra coding on each page for you.
The keywords you decide to use are up to you.....as long as all 6 of your pages are *related* to each other, there isn't a problem with reusing the same keywords in your META tags.
Just make sure that after you set up your META tags that you start submitting your website to different search engines, so your site will be listed.

~Kyra

Thanks,
Kyra
MariaB

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2005, 08:31:28 AM »

Hi all,

This service and biz is great!

I have noticed a prob.   Yahoo, google . . .   when I type in my site name, I get the generic website - not my built site.  Huh   I have build my own website forwarding (I double checked) and the page is published.    I have also entered another GDI website in yahoo and notice the same prob.

Thanks
Maria
« Last Edit: July 17, 2005, 08:32:02 AM by ChipSnyder » Logged
Nicole Taylor

Welcome to Talk.ws!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2005, 09:31:44 AM »

Hi Maria,

It can take 2-10 weeks to get your site listed in the major search engines.

Nicole

I make a good income right from home while I am drinking Starbucks and eating my cinnamon crumb cake.
MariaB

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2005, 01:27:02 PM »

Thanks Nicole!

2-10 weeks  . . .  bummer. Any idea why so long?  Anything that can be done to speed that up?

Thank you!
Maria
« Last Edit: July 17, 2005, 01:27:50 PM by ChipSnyder » Logged
Nicole Taylor

Welcome to Talk.ws!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2005, 02:43:42 PM »

Hi Maria,

The only way to have your Website shown up in a shorter amount of time is if you use an express inclusion program which you would have to pay for.

The reason it takes 2-10 weeks is because search engines send out "spiders" to crawl your Website. Your site will not be indexed until the bots make their way around the WWW again.

Nicole

I make a good income right from home while I am drinking Starbucks and eating my cinnamon crumb cake.
gdi
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2005, 02:46:57 PM »

This thread of Posts raises a very significant Topic, to wit, SEO=SearchEngineOptimization.

May I suggest, a Member start a Topic: 'How to Maximize SEO Results' so then we can all reap the benefits.

Chip
MariaB

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2005, 03:32:57 AM »

Chip asked that a new topic be started.    I had raised the question about speeding up the process of the search engines finding the new websites.    Currently it takes 2-10 weeks for search engines to recognize the .ws sites.

This thread of Posts raises a very significant Topic, to wit, SEO=SearchEngineOptimization.

May I suggest, a Member start a Topic: 'How to Maximize SEO Results' so then we can all reap the benefits.

Chip

Thanks Chip and Nicole! Grin
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2005, 03:36:37 AM »

Actually its technically possible to get your site listed in about 3 days but this is not for the feint hearted. The reason it takes so long is that first your site has to be spidered and then included in the database. If you want instant results go to the pay per click search engines like Yahoo Search Performance and spend some time listing your site in the larger directories.

PS do not try and list your site at DMOZ unless its very high in content and not about GDI it will just be thrown out.
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2005, 09:41:32 AM »

Ok well Ill start. Content is king as far as I am concerned. Build text rich websites.
MariaB

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2005, 06:30:34 AM »

I am obsessed with getting my website ready for the WWW search engines.  Mostly, obsessed with finding out the best, most effective and economical way to do it!   

I am new to this.  However, due to this forum,  have learned so much about building websites!  Who knew I would be getting this type of education for $10.00 month!

Some of you have sites that are recognized by the search engines  then there's the rest us!   Please share what you are doing to get your websites on the search engines.   This is an important selling / training tool for recruits.   

Thank you for your help!
Maria
Nicole Taylor

Welcome to Talk.ws!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2005, 07:13:28 AM »

Hi Maria,

Below are some guidelines to follow to get your Website found and indexed.

• Create a site that has a lot of useful information
  • Include keyword and description meta tags
  • Use the keywords in your meta tags in your content
  • Use keywords in your Title
  • Create a site map with links that point to important parts of your Website
  • Reciprocal Linking/One way links

Remember, search engines love content!

Nicole

Phil Reusch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2005, 07:13:56 AM »

You are correct Maria. It doesn't help to have a website if you are not
listed and getting traffic. That should be the next step in the training
is to show how to get your site listed. Also, it should be in steps that
new people to the Internet will understand.

Phil

Phil Reusch
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2005, 09:42:46 AM »

Create a site map with links that point to all parts of your Website
Content and more content
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: