May 19, 2024, 04:06:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: HTML Questions? Ask Here!  (Read 150798 times)
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: March 12, 2007, 03:32:18 AM »

Dear all,
i am having this problem now,
as i only know how to use the site builder to build my site(without using html),i have prospective leads telling me that its not so impressive.
so now i wish to change my web into a more "professionally" done webpage,how do i go about it?
i tried a few template sites and all i got was a lot of codes but i dont know how to insert the contents of my page into the codes
please help

thanks

The simplest way to write HTML is to use the WYSIWIG editors like FrontPage or Dreamweaver.  Hotdog is a much better product but takes longer to learn.
Paul Rane

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: March 25, 2007, 06:21:21 PM »

Hi all,

I have built a web-site but wish to colour the background. I can do it on the edit work page using html. but when I submit it stays white!

Also where do I get these facy backgrounds, you know the ones with dollarsigns, arrows, stars and the like?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Paul
N Norman

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 25, 2007, 06:21:21 PM »

Does GDI provide forum and gallery hosting?  I've been looking at using invision board and simply creating a page with the links to both, however if GDI offers this I'd probably stick with GDI.

Thanks for the help!
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: March 25, 2007, 09:40:55 PM »

Hi,

No GDI does not. You would have to host it off site.

see http://talk.ws/index.php?topic=7317.msg18576#msg18576
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 09:45:36 PM by RodB » Logged
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: March 25, 2007, 09:44:35 PM »

Hi all,

I have built a web-site but wish to colour the background. I can do it on the edit work page using html. but when I submit it stays white!

Also where do I get these facy backgrounds, you know the ones with dollarsigns, arrows, stars and the like?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Paul

See http://talk.ws/index.php?topic=7317.msg15662#msg15662
LuisNieva

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 26, 2007, 08:27:02 AM »

I tried using the Add Content but to no avail.

I need to create the file and  upload it to my webserver to the location they specify. I need to upload this verification file for them to know that I am really the owner of my site. It is said this is generally the root folder of my your site.

Please help, I'm really confuse. I'm just a newbie. thanks.
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: March 27, 2007, 09:04:11 AM »

I tried using the Add Content but to no avail.

I need to create the file and  upload it to my webserver to the location they specify. I need to upload this verification file for them to know that I am really the owner of my site. It is said this is generally the root folder of my your site.

Please help, I'm really confuse. I'm just a newbie. thanks.

There are FTP instructions in http://talk.ws/index.php?topic=7095.0
FDavid

"Have fun, Be happy." ~Davo~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: April 07, 2007, 02:07:41 PM »

I need some help please.

How do I add more content blocks to each of my web pages to make them longer?

I am sure this simple, but for the life of me I cant seem to see which link to click to add more content blocks. I am in desperate need to making a few of my pages longer for people to scoll down.

I rarely visit this forum as I am busy promoting and advertising and working other jobs.

Thanks
David Fox
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 02:08:17 PM by Frank_M » Logged

There are basically 3 types of people. Those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who wonder what happened." http://davo.ws
Dave H

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: April 08, 2007, 04:52:07 AM »

How do I add more content blocks to each of my web pages to make them longer?
Hi David, To add another block, when you are in Page Editor, click on to edit the page, there will be  a blue banner at top of  page, click on add content, there are several options, but I usually choose
Insert HTML code to greater display your text, insert a banner, or other html effects.
as you probably know you can only use a certain amount of characters in each block, and there is a good gap between each block, so I try to insert information so that it looks fairly tidy(I hope)
Hope this helps..All the best Dave

"I never ran 1000 miles. I could never have done that. I ran one mile 1000 times."
- Stu Mittleman, World Record Holder for Ultra-Distance running.
DaveHayes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: April 14, 2007, 05:38:09 AM »

Can anyone tell me that when I try to edit my content as I have just tried to do, the contents slips down the page, making it look unproffesional

Dave Hayes

Dave H

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: April 15, 2007, 05:17:56 AM »

Can anyone tell me that when I try to edit my content as I have just tried to do, the contents slips down the page, making it look unproffesional
Hi Dave, Difficult to say without knowing exactly what you are doing, but most likely a error to be found in the html section, something left in that shouldn't be, or something left out that should be there..If you are still having the problem perhaps you'd like to post your site in 'Showcase Your Site' section, and someone may be able to help you further.
Good Luck..All the best Dave

"I never ran 1000 miles. I could never have done that. I ran one mile 1000 times."
- Stu Mittleman, World Record Holder for Ultra-Distance running.
DeanH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: April 17, 2007, 03:39:21 PM »

Hello,
Can anyone help me please. I want to put one of the blue boxes on my site. The one that has the text with the red button that reads 'Let me in'

Looks like this:         Try it absolutely free for 7 days
                                    Is your name available ?
                                       Are you too late ?
                                          LET ME IN !!

Thinks this has a professional look to it so if anyone knows the HTML code I would appreciate it. Thanks

Dean
Nunzio Giancola

w ITALIA W

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: April 18, 2007, 03:57:15 PM »

please can you help my.
I have the ftp programm bat it don't
connects.
this is the error:530 Login incorrect.

i put these:ftp.hosting.ws
            thepowerchange
             my password

thanks a lot Nunzio Giancola

P.S. sorry for my english I am italian

ITALIANI CONTATTATEMI !!!!
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: April 19, 2007, 02:09:43 AM »

Hello,
Can anyone help me please. I want to put one of the blue boxes on my site. The one that has the text with the red button that reads 'Let me in'

Looks like this:         Try it absolutely free for 7 days
                                    Is your name available ?
                                       Are you too late ?
                                          LET ME IN !!

Thinks this has a professional look to it so if anyone knows the HTML code I would appreciate it. Thanks

Dean

I am not sure which this is  - if its a graphic right click on it and choose "save picture as" and save it to your computer then upload to the site builder. If its HTML all you need is a table.
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: April 19, 2007, 02:10:51 AM »

please can you help my.
I have the ftp programm bat it don't
connects.
this is the error:530 Login incorrect.

i put these:ftp.hosting.ws
            thepowerchange
             my password

thanks a lot Nunzio Giancola

P.S. sorry for my english I am italian