May 14, 2024, 09:00:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: HTML Questions? Ask Here!  (Read 148963 times)
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: December 11, 2006, 09:10:53 PM »

ON a trail period now.  How do I have people link DIRECTLY to the movie through my site like others do?  Also, I've noticed other buttons that aren't included in the banners section.  Any help?  Thanks!
Jay Grin

Try http://www.gdi-made-easy.ws/GDI_URLs.html there are plenty of URLS you can use and pretty much every button you need Smiley
JKraft

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 24, 2006, 03:35:01 AM »

To anyone that can explain this:

I am building my website and I am trying to make a link to other pages that I have created within the website itself.  They work fine, but the pages that I am linking to, I do not want them visible on the top of my page.  These pages are just information pages and not part of my main category pages.  When I go into the page editor and click off the visible box, the links to those pages do not show up, which is good.  The bad part of this is when I click on the hyperlink directing me to those information pages, I get thrown into the www.website.ws/username web page.  I have the publish box checked and I have tried every situation possible within the page editor possible and nothing is working.

Please help me anyone, it is getting me frustration.  I am sure there is an easy way to solve this problem

Thanks,
Jay
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: December 24, 2006, 03:38:23 AM »

To anyone that can explain this:

I am building my website and I am trying to make a link to other pages that I have created within the website itself.  They work fine, but the pages that I am linking to, I do not want them visible on the top of my page.  These pages are just information pages and not part of my main category pages.  When I go into the page editor and click off the visible box, the links to those pages do not show up, which is good.  The bad part of this is when I click on the hyperlink directing me to those information pages, I get thrown into the www.website.ws/username web page.  I have the publish box checked and I have tried every situation possible within the page editor possible and nothing is working.

Please help me anyone, it is getting me frustration.  I am sure there is an easy way to solve this problem

Thanks,
Jay

I don't really understand the problem.
Adding

Code:
<a href="http://www.somesite.ws/somepage.html">Some Page Some where</a>

will make a link to a new page
JKraft

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 24, 2006, 04:35:11 PM »

Where do I put the code?

Do I replace anything in the HTML code you gave me?

Thanks.
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: December 26, 2006, 09:22:00 PM »

Where do I put the code?

Do I replace anything in the HTML code you gave me?

Thanks.

Yes you need to put your site details or the details of the site you want to link to.
Michael Wheeler

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 08, 2007, 08:23:23 PM »

When I select a section of text or a banner I have been unable to align them in the centre. Can you give me a reason why this would happen?

Michael
www.clubfreedomcash.ws
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: January 08, 2007, 08:26:35 PM »

When I select a section of text or a banner I have been unable to align them in the centre. Can you give me a reason why this would happen?

Michael
www.clubfreedomcash.ws

The following should center anything:-

Code:
<center>My Uncle has a very large yacht called Matilda in the middle</center>
Michael Wheeler

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2007, 04:43:22 AM »

Thanks Rod for that info..... simple when you know how!
You must be psychic.  I have a brother in law with a very large yacht called Waltzing Matilda that
 sails up around the Whitsunday Islands near the Great Barrier Reef (Oz) Grin
Cheers
Michael
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 04:44:36 AM by ChipSnyder » Logged
MarthaT

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 17, 2007, 08:27:21 PM »

I have a picture and a word on main page of my website .  I want to create a link so when clicked on it will take me right section..  Ex.  word "scents"  want to be able to click on this and have it take me to my second page where I have the scents listed.  Can any one help  I have tried different things but when tested I get an error.
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: January 18, 2007, 12:09:40 AM »

I have a picture and a word on main page of my website .  I want to create a link so when clicked on it will take me right section..  Ex.  word "scents"  want to be able to click on this and have it take me to my second page where I have the scents listed.  Can any one help  I have tried different things but when tested I get an error.

Adding

Code:
<a href="http://www.somesite.ws/somepage.html">Some Page Some where</a>

will make a link to a new page
DPro

Internet Marketer & Search Expert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: January 18, 2007, 03:10:11 PM »

Hi MarthaT,

I have a video tutorial on how to use the GDI sitebuilder to :
1)insert/edit pages
2)create hyperlinks
3)insert images
4)create tables
5)format text

If you are interested, please send me a private message and I will email you the link.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 12:04:18 PM by DPro » Logged

Want to install a blog for your GDI domain name?
Send me a private message to get help
Tidarut Hansub-Udom

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 24, 2007, 11:20:23 AM »

I'm going to try and use an FTP to edit my site 'cause I'm eventually going to have more of my work added on, but my CSS knowledge is a little rusty. Does someone have or know a reliable site I can use? I will give you credit for the help.
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: January 24, 2007, 10:10:00 PM »

Try
http://www.webmasterbase.com/article.php?aid=309

and

http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/css/properties.html
Tidarut Hansub-Udom

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 25, 2007, 02:32:40 PM »

Thanks for the help. ^^
AlexW

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 28, 2007, 03:11:12 PM »

Site builder appears on web site after it is published.  Huh Can't figure this one out. I'm trying to put a link to page 2 at the bottom of page 1 or any other page for that mater so the reader doesn't have to scroll back to the top to get to the next page. When I do this the site builder is on the new page too. It should be the same as clicking on the page 2 at the top of the screen. But isn't. I need someone to get back to me with a solution to this problem.
Thanks
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16
  Print  

Jump to: