May 02, 2024, 01:00:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: All About Advertising!  (Read 32666 times)
Bryan McDonald

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2005, 04:08:19 AM »

Hi All,

GDI manual for Serious marketing? Did I miss this?
Where can it be found?

Thanks
Bryan
ThomasCrenshaw

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2006, 12:20:11 PM »

Has anyone tried just posting business cards throughout the campus?

Thomas

« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 12:21:08 PM by ChipSnyder » Logged
Stephen T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2006, 04:59:02 AM »

I've been a member of GDI for a couple of weeks now, and am trying to get leads aside from word-of-mouth, so I was reading the forums and stumbled across the flyer at  http://website.ws/home/flyer which I made about a hundred copies off with my information on it, and went around a parking lot at a shopping mall near where I live and stuck them under windshield wipers on cars.

I haven't received a response yet, though it hasn't even been an entire day yet, but I can't help but think that maybe I'm focusing on the wrong crowd, and approaching this all the wrong way.  Do you all think it'd better to approach people, face to face, and throw a sales pitch at them when perhaps they'd rather not hear it, or is it best to leave a pamphlet or flyer somewhere that they will run across it?

In my head, I doubt many people even read the things that are left on their windshields, let alone pursue what may be on it, however I'm desperately trying to rack up some leads here.

Any help is much appreciated!

Stephen
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 12:03:01 PM by Mike N » Logged
WilliamBauwens

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2006, 07:17:43 AM »

hi
 just want to say here i have found a great way to advertise your business with great potential
 because i don't know if this alawed here  you can contact me for the website info
 greetings from belgium
william
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 12:27:01 PM by ChipSnyder » Logged

greetzz from belgium
ChadGill

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2006, 12:26:00 PM »

Hey Stephen generating your own leads is something that is easily done! Too many times people are sellers and not sorters. There are many online and offline methods for getting referrals! For example you interact with people everyday in the city or town you live in.  Take notice of people! Look at how they interact with those around them! You can start to pick out the leaders just by staying attentive.  Once you've identified someone you might like to approach just casually start building a relationship with them. Ask them about their job, interests, family, hobbies.  People will take an interest in those who take an interest in them. Its really that simple! Many talented people are starved for attention. Just start giving them some and you'll be amazed at what happens!
Chad Gill
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 12:28:04 PM by ChipSnyder » Logged
Stephen T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2006, 04:48:21 AM »

Being 20 years old and in college, the crowd that I'm around most often is rather difficult to sell on something like this.  I try to point out to them that all they need to make some nice, effortless money is to recruit 3 people, then those people recruit 3 people, and so on, and it's a win-win situation, but everyone is so much of a skeptic these days.  *Shrug*
Freshnaida Versoza

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2006, 03:56:09 AM »

i trully understand what you are going through right now stephen, i am 19 yrs old and a student, same as you my crowd is not that interested in this kind of business. i have no idea how to make them listen to me and keep them interested when i am explaining the business. sometimes i feel like my crowd is too small that i need to find another market. well all i am saying is this is harder than i thought...  Wink
KBraun

Believe in yourself

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2006, 10:24:57 PM »

I Hutley,

Thank You...that (in my opinion) is a GREAT idea!

Thank You! I will be encouraging this.

Kathy*

Believe in yourself
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2006, 07:30:01 AM »

I Hutley,

Now that's a great idea Smiley
Chanell Joyner

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2006, 04:06:11 AM »

I Hutley...I think it's a great idea.  I only have one question, and I hope I don't sound too silly, but what exactly is an internet cafe?  I've never even heard of them before...please advise, it will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Chanell-
JasonHerrington

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2006, 03:37:39 PM »

Multi-Millionaire And His Protege
Seek 7 People To become
Their Apprentice.
www.yourdomain.ws Don't
Waste Our Time!!!!

i use ads in papers but if u word it for work at home u will get a bunch of calls from people that dont want to do anything but get a job. if anyone has a good ad that works u can put it up here, that would be great
steve
I Hutley

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2006, 03:07:53 AM »

hi chanell , an internet cafe is a public room where people can pay to use a computer, and alot of them serve food and drink too.
Guy M

Internet Coach

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2006, 10:19:03 AM »

Hi,

I saw from a previous post that most people are looking for opt in leads. Here are a few things that I have observed:

1] Buying Opt in Leads - Are they any good?
This can be a hit and miss affair, because I suspect that some of suppliers strip out the best leads for themselves. Then they sell it on to the next level who do the same and so on, until you get the leads that no one else wants. I say that I suspect that this happens - more accurately, this is what I have been told by a lead buyer / supplier in a leading mlm company.

2] Competition:
When you buy opt in leads, you are probably competing with others, because the leads are ofetn sold to several buyers at the same time. The suppliers argue that competition is a part of the market any way.

3] How old are the leads?
Your guess is as good as mine. The only party that knows is the supplier who can make money from the leads for as long as he can sell them.

The point that I am making is that the industry tends to sing mantras, as if these are the holy grail, which they usually are not. My advice is to be open to wider possibillities. For example, why not explore the possibilities of generating your own opt in leads? In this way, you know that a lead is genuinely fresh and not tampered with in any way.

I'd be interested in any comments and I am also willing to share my strategies with anyone who would like to know.

Regards.

Grin
Guy
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 10:19:34 AM by Nicole Taylor » Logged
Nicole Taylor

Welcome to Talk.ws!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2006, 05:51:31 PM »

Hello,

If you're going to purchase leads then you should buy from a reputable company. Make sure these prospects are double opted-in and only a few days old. Phone verified leads are also effective.

The best way to go without a doubt is building your own subscriber base. Offer a newsletter on your Website and give your visitors something free for subscribing. Make sure your newsletters are helpful, informative and not just promoting your products or services. You will then not only be building a list, but also trust. When this happens, they will be more willing to sign up for your offers.

Nicole

I make a good income right from home while I am drinking Starbucks and eating my cinnamon crumb cake.
Sigrid Yancey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2006, 06:31:35 PM »

Hello,

be very carefull when you buy leads from somewhere else. I did it already
and got my leads (just 3 days old) and transfered the cvs file to my
autoresponder for double opt-in to make sure to get now spam complain.
But some people could not (or wanna not) read the opt out message
and send an spam complaint to my autoresponder and me. I got in
trouble but have had luck to fix it.
Some people don't think about what they are doing and sign up for a list
or they sign up just for one reason ------to make trouble.

Again, be very carefull when you buy leads I do it no more and go the
hard way, they have to sign up on my own website to opt-in in my list.
This way I make sure they like to get information from me.

Sigrid
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: