May 19, 2024, 07:49:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26
  Print  
Author Topic: Site builder query  (Read 231064 times)
DBriere

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 01, 2008, 09:26:34 AM »

Michael,

I don't think that GDI Hosting supports FrontPage, though someone else may want to confirm this.

"Aim for the moon and even if you miss, you will be among the stars."
Bruce Bellis

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 04, 2008, 02:30:45 PM »

I have loaded a flash file from my gallery to my website. 

The problem is that the blank area around the flash player moves the player off the screen to the right.

I have tried to put content blocks but nothing has worked.  Does anyone know how to get the player to the left and narrow the blank area around it so the entire page shows on one screen with no horizontal scroll bar?

Thanks
GavinH

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 06, 2008, 06:31:23 AM »

i build my website with bluevoda websitebuilder but  i cant publish it . Cry Cry Cry

Try FTP Commander Free version: http://downloads.zdnet.com/download.aspx?&q=FTP+commander&docid=253553
ARita

Helping Others Help Themselves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: January 07, 2008, 03:16:22 AM »

I am working on building my website, and can anyone let me know how the google gadgets work?
Are they there just for interest, or do they work similar to google adsense?
Rita

Helping others Help Themselves
Barbara Gibbs

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 10, 2008, 10:53:07 AM »

Hi there, can someone please tell me in plain English, how to take a banner or ad from other sites of mine and placing them into my web page?  I wish to advertise other sites to pay for my site...savvy?
Cheers,
Barbara Roll Eyes
DanielD1

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 10, 2008, 03:02:37 PM »

Hey everyone =) I'm new to this business and I'm working on building my website. This probably sounds like a very newbie question but I have to ask it.  How do you edit the template or the information on the template of a website?? Please let me know. Thanks to all who reply!
JWavrin

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 11, 2008, 09:42:09 AM »

Hello,

I'm in need of some serious help...

Trying to build my site but do not know how to

1)take a banner code any code and place it on the site page

2)Unpublish is this possible?  My website has the codes just sitting on the pages!! Cry

It can't be this difficult....I've been trying to get this together basically by myself....just found out about www.gdi-made-easy.ws!!  This may have helped when I signed up... Huh
 Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh
PhillipElliot

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 11, 2008, 09:42:11 AM »

hi everyone! as we know, every time you create a new page, it's title page will be displayed on the upper area of the page to serve as a link. my question is, how can we make a LINK of a new published page that is not visible on the upper area? example, if i make  a new page and its link is www.website.ws/test, there is an option to make it visible right? if you opted so, the TEST name will appear on the upper area of the site as a shortcut. and every time you type the address or link on the address bar it redirects to that page. BUT, if you choose for it not to be visible, you can't even access its link (when you type the link to the address bar). IN SHORT, can we make the link accessible to surfers even if it's NOT VISIBLE on the upper area of the site. it's like a hidden page. of course not all of the pages I made for the site will be displayed on the upper portion of the site. CAN ANYBODY HELP ME?

Thanks! Smiley
PhillipElliot

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 11, 2008, 09:42:12 AM »

hi everyone! have a question.. every time you create a new page, you have an option to make it visible or not right? if you choose visible, its title is displayed on the top portion of the site as shortcuts/links. I'm trying to create web pages that will serve as links (not displayed on top), but if the pages are invisible, you can't even add the link since every time you access invisible pages (typing it on the address bar directly), it redirects to www.website.ws!

for example, i created a page which is www.mysite.ws/test (invisible), then on my home page I made a link to that new page, and when you click the link, it goes to www.website.ws/myusername!  I don't want all of my pages displayed on the top portion! does anybody here knows how to fix this? Thanks! Smiley
DPro

Internet Marketer & Search Expert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: January 11, 2008, 01:58:57 PM »

Hi Phillip Elliot,

As far as I know, you can't actually access the invisible page. To the site builder, the invisible page does not exist.
Why not try to use an external html editor like micorsoft frontpage, dreamweaver or the free NVU to create your webpages?

NVU is an excellent web builder and its open sourced. You can get NVU free here:
http://nvudev.com/index.php

After creating the page, choose the hosting option in your GDI domain back office.
Then upload using an FTP (FileZilla is free http://filezilla-project.org/ )
This way you are not restricted to the GDI sitebuilder templates.

If you need video tutorials on that. please send me a PM.

Cheers

hi everyone! have a question.. every time you create a new page, you have an option to make it visible or not right? if you choose visible, its title is displayed on the top portion of the site as shortcuts/links. I'm trying to create web pages that will serve as links (not displayed on top), but if the pages are invisible, you can't even add the link since every time you access invisible pages (typing it on the address bar directly), it redirects to www.website.ws!

for example, i created a page which is www.mysite.ws/test (invisible), then on my home page I made a link to that new page, and when you click the link, it goes to www.website.ws/myusername!  I don't want all of my pages displayed on the top portion! does anybody here knows how to fix this? Thanks! Smiley

Want to install a blog for your GDI domain name?
Send me a private message to get help
Darlene B.Jones

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 17, 2008, 03:37:09 AM »

Huh I'm very new and I just can't seem to get the site builder to build my site.  Is there something I'm doing wrong? I just can't figure it out to save my life. Please, please, please I need help.
BShelley

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 17, 2008, 02:36:42 PM »

I am having such a hard time trying to figure out how to get the 50 minute video on my new website.  I a 57 year old self taught computer user and I am new to GDI.  I am trying to teach myself step by step how to make GDI work for me and how to build my website.  I am following the instructions of someone from this Forum that has GDI Made Easy.  I really want this business to work for me because I have MS and I want to have money for the future.  Since I am not extremely familiar with some computer terminology, I am struggling trying to get some of the 'inserts' or downloads to work. I got the 7 minute video to work, but I can't figure out how to do it again for the 50 minute one ::)  I keep downloading, copying and pasting and I just can't get it to work.  I would like to get a small 'income calculator' and 'sign up now' icon to show, but can't find it.  Can someone please help??
Beverly

"Live Life on Cruise Control"
BShelley

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 18, 2008, 03:17:49 AM »

I finally got the Income Calculator inserted on my main web page, but when I click on it, it says 'not found'.  How can I make this work, in layman terms Grin
Thanks all,
Bshelley

"Live Life on Cruise Control"
William Losse

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 19, 2008, 02:06:18 PM »

I have a question about the sitebuilder as well. Uh, it says, "This editor requires Internet Explorer 5.0+, Netscape 7.1+, Mozilla 1.4+, or an equivalent Gecko based browser. A regular textarea will be displayed instead." I have a Mac with Safari, am I screwed? thanks
PanYongjun

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 22, 2008, 03:44:01 AM »

The introduction mobie is very magic,but how can i add it to my own website?thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: