May 15, 2024, 09:01:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26
  Print  
Author Topic: Site builder query  (Read 229093 times)
DPro

Internet Marketer & Search Expert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2007, 08:51:41 AM »

If I recall correctly, you can't   Sad
What I did was to change my dns setting to basic hosting, waited for 24-48 hours for it to be activated, then change it back to sitebuilder option.
When you do this, all the pages that you have created before the changeover will be erased.
So make sure you copy the html pages before you change the dns.

Here are the steps to change dns:
At GDI member area, go to "domains" on the left menu.
Click on "Change DNS" --> select "basic hosting" radio button.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have difficulty.

Want to install a blog for your GDI domain name?
Send me a private message to get help
OFillion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2007, 12:10:43 PM »

If I recall correctly, you can't   Sad
What I did was to change my dns setting to basic hosting, waited for 24-48 hours for it to be activated, then change it back to sitebuilder option.
When you do this, all the pages that you have created before the changeover will be erased.
So make sure you copy the html pages before you change the dns.

Here are the steps to change dns:
At GDI member area, go to "domains" on the left menu.
Click on "Change DNS" --> select "basic hosting" radio button.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have difficulty.

Thank you very much!  That's exactly what I did but I didn't wait 48 hours so when I returned to SiteBuilder, the page 1 was still there.

I would like to use the basic hosting option during this 48 hours but my pages are in .php.  Do you know if the Basic hosting support PHP?

Thanks again!

Olivier
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2007, 11:31:26 PM »

Yes the basic hosting supports PHP
D Davidson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2007, 04:28:16 AM »

I get the feeling I'm going to have to make up my own site and just use GDI for hosting.  The reason is that I cannot get the site I have created with the site builder verified by Google.  I have tried the Meta Tag way, and it doesn't work.  I even deleted all my keywords and just put in the metatag that they said to put, and it didn't work either.  They want it placed in the first head section before the first body section. 

The only other way to verify is by uploading an html file titled with a title they specify  that didn't work either.

Dont know what to do.  Any suggestions?
BrendaSue

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2007, 09:09:53 AM »

My website has a form on it. I need a code to protect my GDI site because spammers have been lifting my info and spamming. On top of that, I DO NOT have my guest book visible on my site because they are known havens for spammers. Spammers somehow are getting a link to an apparent guestbook from my site, even though I am not using one. Is there anyway at all that we can totally get rid of that problem?

We need more protection from you, can you please tell us what to do, and no, I am not going to shell out money for a product that may not work with the GDI site builder, besides, I have lost time and money because of what's going on. OUR reputation is at stake if these spammers keep doing this to me and all GDI members.

I had to get rid of pages because of this, along with email addresses that were very important to my business. And NO, I did not have those visible either!

I want the guest book and feedback options gone from my site!!

Please Help!!!!
Brenda Wagner
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 03:05:43 AM by ChipSnyder » Logged
JulieT

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2007, 03:11:10 AM »

Hello everyone. I have a blog that I'm trying to get hosted. I have have  the ws hosting feature, but don't know how to use it. I did recieve a email with some information about about ftp.hosting.ws and my user name password, I even downloaded a ftp client so I could transfer my blog, but I have no clue how to do that Huh. If anyone is understands  this sort of thing could you please  walk me through the process.

Thank you
DPro

Internet Marketer & Search Expert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: October 30, 2007, 11:36:51 AM »

Hi Julie,

I have created some video tutorials on creating website with your GDI.
You can view some here:
http://www.bestgditeam.ws/page6.html

One of my tutorials is on setting up hosting with GDI.

May I know what FTP client are you using?
Open the FTP and key in the information that you received in the email about ftp username and password.
Then transfer the blog file from your computer to GDI server.

Want to install a blog for your GDI domain name?
Send me a private message to get help
SimonM1

Hi, My name is Simon, I'm from Ireland :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: October 31, 2007, 07:16:07 AM »

Hello everyone. I have a blog that I'm trying to get hosted. I have have the ws hosting feature, but don't know how to use it. I did recieve a email with some information about about ftp.hosting.ws and my user name password, I even downloaded a ftp client so I could transfer my blog, but I have no clue how to do that Huh. If anyone is understands this sort of thing could you please walk me through the process.

Thank you

Hi Julie
ok, just check a couple of things,  You already have your site/blog build and now you just need to host it on the GDI Hosting Service?  Which ftp client are you using?

It is really easy to do, let me know when you get a chance and i'll be happy to run you through the process.

Best Wishes
Simon
Dublin, Ireland

Dreams are just an illusion. I don't want to DO, I want to BE. That is living in the present. Being ok with being instead of doing doing doing....Let GDI help make your dreams come true...
ROhl

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 15, 2007, 06:22:09 PM »

Roll Eyes this for marta bloom. i still dont think your question has been answered. I need to know the same thing about the spaces between items on my page.ive emailed about this. no response. does anyone have the answer thanks for your help..richard ohl
J_Llanda

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 17, 2007, 05:26:00 PM »

I know how to use php but I don't know how to apply it here... Can anyone help me? thank you...
Pratana Srichannon

Hi All, It's me again!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: November 18, 2007, 05:57:27 AM »

I found so many websites that I am making a contract with them to pay over $250 per year to my unlimited hosting.
I applied for GDI hoping to get the same things, as I am website developer and I think most of our member want this much more than the tutorial forum.

I mean the example to prove their development else than blogger and more to e-commerce way, and GDI make some profit or another referal programs to their payment gateway such as those fore credit card.

But I really like the supportive team, so I think GDI should be only the training arena since you have no DNS provider or reselling practices.
Those of hosting services shouldn't be aware only to the training purpose and get the benefit on the day-off from GDI.

Pratana Yamasmith Srichannon

And I like your webboard!!
I have so several CMS development tools if you'd like to share.
Sandra_U

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 18, 2007, 05:19:19 PM »

Hi. I have built my first page of my site, named the site and want to continue to build it, but I cannot even get the site to appear. Whenever I click the link that has my site name, it takes me directly to my GDI site. Angry This is not the purpose of my site. My site is advertising my writing and the only thing appearing is the GDI advertisement/link for my account. Yet, I just got an email saying my site was up. Huh I don't get this. How do I get my site to appear online? Thanks.
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: November 19, 2007, 12:14:17 AM »

Hi. I have built my first page of my site, named the site and want to continue to build it, but I cannot even get the site to appear. Whenever I click the link that has my site name, it takes me directly to my GDI site. Angry This is not the purpose of my site. My site is advertising my writing and the only thing appearing is the GDI advertisement/link for my account. Yet, I just got an email saying my site was up. Huh I don't get this. How do I get my site to appear online? Thanks.

You need to publish the site. There is a tick box to this on the front page of the site builder.
Jose_P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: November 24, 2007, 10:51:34 AM »

I have the Guestbook link in my page-wb

but i am not getting any massages

can any body explain me how this work?

Thank you Sad

If you need FREE business opportunity leads.
Send me a private message.
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: November 25, 2007, 06:38:37 AM »

I have the Guestbook link in my page-wb

but i am not getting any massages

can any body explain me how this work?

Thank you Sad

The easiest way is to test it yourself or get a friend to test it. Then you know it is working.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: