May 05, 2024, 05:20:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26
  Print  
Author Topic: Site builder query  (Read 228150 times)
HWayne

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 06, 2008, 11:54:59 AM »

i cannot seem to install phpbb

im wondering if its possible to use sql with GDI as the host.....i've gotten my site uploaded through ftp, can detect sql on the server and php seems to work fine....
but theres 1 main problem, i dont have the information to connect or modify the SQL database for my site.

The information i need is:
Database Server Hostname / DSN: localhost //<--------this is just a guess but should work since localhost just redirects to the computer the sites on.
Your Database Name: //<------no idea....tried using site here in different ways
Database Username: //<------no idea....tried using username
Database Password: //<------no idea....tried username password
Prefix for tables in database: //<----should be able to put anything.

Error:
Critical Error
Could not connect to the database
AManion

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 09, 2008, 09:33:42 AM »

I know it is late but just signed up and can't seem to find sitebuilder. I am on the free trial so possibly that option is not available yet?

Help is appreciated.

Amanion  Cry
RobertCoaster

Hello From Long Island NY!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: May 09, 2008, 03:02:22 PM »

On the left side of the screen you'll see "domains' listed in the menu when you click on that you'll be taken to a screen listing your domain & from there you can access sitebuilder. It is available for trial members.

Take care,
Robert
RoyYip

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 12, 2008, 05:19:47 AM »

I wounder the GDI the Person could create more space Because i introduce to my friends but my friends rejected because my friends want to have 300MB storage space or more, not 100MB.

DPro

Internet Marketer & Search Expert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: May 12, 2008, 08:10:04 AM »

I wounder the GDI the Person could create more space Because i introduce to my friends but my friends rejected because my friends want to have 300MB storage space or more, not 100MB.

If your friends need more server space, he/she can point the GDI domain name to use the advanced hosting option by keying in the nameservers
There many free hosts out there who will offer up to 1G space.
Just google " free hosting"

Want to install a blog for your GDI domain name?
Send me a private message to get help
KarenM

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 12, 2008, 01:55:18 PM »

Hi,
I chose to customize my website, but now have decided to revert back to the default GDI website. I haven't found any instructions on how to do this. Any help will be appreciated.
KarenM
DPro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: May 13, 2008, 08:36:01 AM »

Hi,
I chose to customize my website, but now have decided to revert back to the default GDI website. I haven't found any instructions on how to do this. Any help will be appreciated.
KarenM

Go to "domains" on the left menu bar.
Click on "change DNS"
Select the "domain forwarding" radio button
Key in your GDI affiliate URL

Please be informed that all your webpages in the server will be lost when you do this.

E Shugar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: May 18, 2008, 05:34:40 AM »

Hi All, I'm very new to this but I will straight to my question. I deleted my 1st page, now when I log in, my 1st page shows up as page 2. How do I get my first page back to page 1??Thanks for all replies,it is much appreciated. ED
Sylvie_Atisse

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 25, 2008, 08:18:39 AM »

Hi everybody,

I'm new here. I'm trying to build my site but unfortunately I cannot.  I have read the post of Nicole explaining how to configure the DNS setting but unfortunately I cannot find the box where it says Web Forwarding To. Can someone help please.

George Gonzalez

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: May 25, 2008, 08:18:43 AM »

Hi All, I'm very new to this but I will straight to my question. I deleted my 1st page, now when I log in, my 1st page shows up as page 2. How do I get my first page back to page 1??Thanks for all replies,it is much appreciated. ED

Delete your new first page. Then the second page will be your fist page, which is what you want.

Successful People do What Unsuccessful People don't Do!
StammL

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 29, 2008, 05:16:23 PM »

Hello.  My question is how do I set the default page of my gdi domain to display a page other than the usual gdi referral page?  Do I need to upload a page, and if so what extension do I put on it to make it "default".  Can this be done through site builder?

Thanks
LS
DPro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: May 30, 2008, 07:20:58 AM »

1)Login to https://www.website.ws/members/index.dhtml
2)click on "domains" on the left menu
3)click "change DNS"
4)select radio button "domain forwarding" option

if you want to create your own page, then choose "site builder"

N_Kazmi

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 30, 2008, 04:53:40 PM »

im confussed, not on making the website but what exactly can i do with the website, can i sell affiliate products such as music, movies, games etc, or not, or is the website only like erm information about the whole thing, where you just refer people to join type....need help
DPro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: May 31, 2008, 09:27:05 AM »

im confussed, not on making the website but what exactly can i do with the website, can i sell affiliate products such as music, movies, games etc, or not, or is the website only like erm information about the whole thing, where you just refer people to join type....need help

You can put whatever you want on your website, affiliate products, other MLM biz that or a blog.
I recommend that you put a blog as your homepage, then have links to your other programs.

MelissaP

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 02, 2008, 02:14:58 PM »

On the service options page when you are stting up your account, it gives you the options to use Sitebuilder or Domain Forwarding and a few other options. Can I use both or, more specifically, if I sign up to use the sitebuilder, does it allow you to use the Domain Forwarding after I build my site?

Any info would be greatly appreciated! Grin
Thank You!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: