May 05, 2024, 10:48:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: E-Mail services think .ws is spam!  (Read 3361 times)
F Sharp

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2011, 09:36:59 AM »

I sent an invite to my manager then myself here at Arizona State University. Well, they never, ever came, obviously blocked by our super spam filters. I sent one to my yahoo accout and it went through, albeit, to my spam folder. I then sent again to my manager to his Cox account, but it never went in there either. I had to send him the one from my Yahoo account.

Has anyone else come across this problem? It truly is a little disheartening to think perhaps many of our e-mail contacts are not being received.
 Cry
DianaW2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 09:49:00 AM »

OK I just did some testing myself first using the GDI inviter and sending to my gmail, msn, and yahoo accounts. Only the one to my gmail landed in my inbox. The other landed in the spam folder. Very strange too considering there's not many spam trigger words in that invite email.

The other experiement I did was sending from my .ws email account to all three same emails and writing about another biz opp I do and using more trigger words or phrases like "earn 2% daily", "extra income", "triple your money". So this email makes it through to my yahoo and gmail inboxes and does not get to my msn account at all, not even the spam folder. Msn I think is notorious for being the worst.

My conclusion, out of these three gmail was the best for receiving my emails into the inbox.
It's really hit or miss with this stuff though and every email client has it's quirks.

Free Coaching Sessions
http://www.lifecoachdiana.ws
SDBoltsFan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 10:25:18 AM »

I sent an invite to my manager then myself here at Arizona State University. Well, they never, ever came, obviously blocked by our super spam filters. I sent one to my yahoo accout and it went through, albeit, to my spam folder. I then sent again to my manager to his Cox account, but it never went in there either. I had to send him the one from my Yahoo account.

Has anyone else come across this problem? It truly is a little disheartening to think perhaps many of our e-mail contacts are not being received.
 Cry

OK I just did some testing myself first using the GDI inviter and sending to my gmail, msn, and yahoo accounts. Only the one to my gmail landed in my inbox. The other landed in the spam folder. Very strange too considering there's not many spam trigger words in that invite email.

The other experiement I did was sending from my .ws email account to all three same emails and writing about another biz opp I do and using more trigger words or phrases like "earn 2% daily", "extra income", "triple your money". So this email makes it through to my yahoo and gmail inboxes and does not get to my msn account at all, not even the spam folder. Msn I think is notorious for being the worst.

My conclusion, out of these three gmail was the best for receiving my emails into the inbox.
It's really hit or miss with this stuff though and every email client has it's quirks.

Hello Frances and Diana,

The invite system is working correctly. There are some ISPs and Email service providers that consider certain emails or key words in emails to be SPAM and will filter and or block them out completely from being received. Unfortunately this is not something we can control.

We are constantly working with several email service providers and ISP's to ensure delivery of our invitation emails. If you have contacts with email addresses that do not receive the invitation, you may wish to send them a link to your information site directly from your own email account. This usually tends to helps email deliverability.

Amauri
GDI Forum Support
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: