May 17, 2024, 02:43:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 144
  Print  
Author Topic: Share Your Website...Part 1!  (Read 1034173 times)
Tatjana Prelog

Love, friendship and honesty are treasures!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #630 on: August 29, 2005, 02:43:08 PM »

Thanks for the comments and the suggestions with black background with font. Really appreciate the feedback Smiley

Thanks Again,
Pamela

It's OK with fonts now and I see I taught some of you about international phone numbers well!

Great effort!

Tatjana

Have a better day than I ever had!!! Charish the life, true friendship, love and honesty!!

Tatjana
Richard Drumm

Once A Marine Always A Marine!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #631 on: August 29, 2005, 05:06:12 PM »

GOD BLESS AMERICA
                                                The Pledge of Allegiance
                                                               By
                                                          Red Skelton

All commente are welcome

www.vva877.ws

SEMPER FI! ( Always Faithfull )
Roxanne G

View Profile WWW
« Reply #632 on: August 29, 2005, 05:54:31 PM »

I JUST BUILT MY WEBSITE.....

I am a newbie! Grin  Is my website okay? Huh  my website is  www.thebest4u.ws . I would appreciate any comments thanks!

Ann Cook

Looks good.  It's coming along nicely.  Loads up now. 

You might want to try this instead of using long url's: 
<a href="YourLongURLAddressl">Visit My Website</a>  will appear as a clickable link that says Visit My Website.  Don't forget the http:// at the beginning of your long url and the quotation marks around it.  Then whatever you want people to click on  in the spot where I have Visit My Website. 

Have a great day, after all, today is the first day of the rest of your life!!

Roxanne
Roxanne G

View Profile WWW
« Reply #633 on: August 29, 2005, 05:59:52 PM »

GOD BLESS AMERICA
                                                The Pledge of Allegiance
                                                               By
                                                          Red Skelton

All commente are welcome

www.vva877.ws

Looks great Richard.  Photo page took a bit to load even with DSL, but I think it's definately something people will be willing to wait for.  You did an awesome job. 

Smiley

Roxanne
Richard Drumm

Once A Marine Always A Marine!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #634 on: August 29, 2005, 07:35:08 PM »

GOD BLESS AMERICA
                                                The Pledge of Allegiance
                                                               By
                                                          Red Skelton

All commente are welcome

www.vva877.ws

Looks great Richard.  Photo page took a bit to load even with DSL, but I think it's definately something people will be willing to wait for.  You did an awesome job. 

Smiley

Thanx Roxanne maybe I should take off the music Huh

SEMPER FI! ( Always Faithfull )
Roxanne G

View Profile WWW
« Reply #635 on: August 30, 2005, 06:37:41 AM »

GOD BLESS AMERICA
                                                The Pledge of Allegiance
                                                               By
                                                          Red Skelton

All commente are welcome

www.vva877.ws

Smiley

Thanx Roxanne maybe I should take off the music Huh

NO - don't take off the music.  It's just the because there are so many photos, but the first couple load quickly and most people don't mind waiting for pics.  Especially those ones.

Roxanne
Roxanne G

View Profile WWW
« Reply #636 on: August 30, 2005, 07:00:32 AM »

OK - I have to ask this.  I see it on quite a few people's websites.  What is the benefit of putting google ads on your site?  Also, why is the first thing we see at the sites that use the ads?  Does the benefit of the ads outweigh the traffic that might be lost to those ads?   Huh

If I clicked on your link somewhere, I would initially think it was a referral page for other buisnesses (which is what I thought) because the site title is "Your business ebooks" and unless you scroll down all you see is the google ads for ebook sites.  Then after you scroll down, your Summertime Blues box is there, then are more google ads. 

Then we finally get to the ebooks and the pictures for books #3 & 4 don't show up.  I just get red x boxes. 

Otherwise, I think you will do well with these ebooks as long as you can get people to scroll down far enough to see what you have. 

Good luck to you. 

Roxanne
Tatjana Prelog

Love, friendship and honesty are treasures!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #637 on: August 30, 2005, 08:52:01 AM »

Oh, I don't know exactly what to think. I sure scroll down every page to see if there's some more, but it's really only home page which is shown and nothing more. Well, I think I'll join Rexanne G's comment here. And maybe you should make your site more "fresh"!!!

Tatjana

Have a better day than I ever had!!! Charish the life, true friendship, love and honesty!!

Tatjana
mack88
« Reply #638 on: August 30, 2005, 09:05:55 AM »

I agree as well!  You have made some changes to your site and not for the better.  I kinda recall what your site looked like about a week ago.  It was ok then.  Currently you have no content.  The first thing that caught my attention of was the google ads.  No one wants to be visit a site full of ads, unless that is exactly what they are looking for.  You only have a hot second to grasp one's attention.

My other suggestion is why put ads on your site?  Because what you are doing is taking them away from what you have to offer.  Or is there another intent?  I might be mistaken.

Keep working at it and you will produce a gem!  Do not be afraid to ask for critiques from the team.  We are here to support one another.  If you need some assistance, do not hesitate to pm me.  We can go from there!  To your success.

Frank
Nicole Taylor

Welcome to Talk.ws!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #639 on: August 30, 2005, 11:50:02 AM »

OK - I have to ask this.  I see it on quite a few people's websites.  What is the benefit of putting google ads on your site?  Also, why is the first thing we see at the sites that use the ads?  Does the benefit of the ads outweigh the traffic that might be lost to those ads?   Huh

If I clicked on your link somewhere, I would initially think it was a referral page for other buisnesses (which is what I thought) because the site title is "Your business ebooks" and unless you scroll down all you see is the google ads for ebook sites.  Then after you scroll down, your Summertime Blues box is there, then are more google ads. 

Then we finally get to the ebooks and the pictures for books #3 & 4 don't show up.  I just get red x boxes. 

Otherwise, I think you will do well with these ebooks as long as you can get people to scroll down far enough to see what you have. 

Good luck to you. 

Hello Roxanne,

By displaying Google Ads on your Website, you have the opportunity to earn money whenever someone clicks on your ads. It's another great way to earn an additional income with your Website.

Nicole

I make a good income right from home while I am drinking Starbucks and eating my cinnamon crumb cake.
JanetteS

View Profile
« Reply #640 on: August 30, 2005, 12:09:41 PM »

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Well, I have my new site up.  Please let me know what you think.....honest opinion please.  :0)

Thanks and have a wonderful day!

http://thewinningway.ws

Janette

Janette Stewart
mack88
« Reply #641 on: August 30, 2005, 02:56:43 PM »

Jannette!

You have a very nice looking site...very easy on the eyes and well thought out!  I really like your little flash movie.  I wish I knew how to create those.  I have not figured it out just yet!

Now for my suggestions.

1.  Your GDI Movie Link has your name.  Consider using http://www.movie.ws/janettes/show.  If give the prospect the opportunity to place their name on the check. 

2.  Maybe you should have a page 2 & 3 to show your empowerism and other resources.  In my opinion, you are offering too many choices up front.  When a prospect is offered choices, they normally do not choose any.  Place your Empowerism on the 2nd page maybe.

All of these are just suggestions and my opinions!  To your Success!  Have a great day!

Frank

JanetteS

View Profile
« Reply #642 on: August 30, 2005, 07:21:50 PM »

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your input. 

You are right about putting Empowerism on another page.  I'm planning to add more pages as quickly as I can and will be moving some of the things to those pages. 

As for the movie....thanks.  There's a great program that I use for this....and it's easy to use....would have to be for me...  :-)
The name of the program is Swish.  I love it and if I can use it, I know anyone could.

Thanks again for your input.

God bless you and have a wonderful evening.

Janette

Janette Stewart
Kimberly LaRocco

View Profile
« Reply #643 on: August 31, 2005, 10:40:08 AM »

Yea!  I finally finished my home page:  www.larocco.ws

I used the forum alot...Thanks go out to all for their suggestions, ideas, and praise that I see in the forum on a regular basis! Please tell me what you think.   Undecided

Now, if I could only figure out how to get that big blank spot on left to get out of there. Any suggestions? 

"The ideas that have lighted my way have been kindness, beauty and truth."

Author:Albert Einstein
JDTutterow

Groovy - Now gimme some sugar, baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #644 on: August 31, 2005, 03:04:41 PM »

Hi Branden -

The simple look/feel of your site is good.

A few suggestions:
1. Give your "home page" a name -

2. All the links at the top -
If your other pages don't contain any information, delete them or
make them "invisible" until they do. Why link to a page your're still
working on?

3. The "Follow these 3 Simple Steps"
It's easier to read them as three steps if they are all "in line" with each other.
The first one is inset an inch or so - make it even with the other two, or the
other two even with it. I would also make them all the same "boldness" and font size.

Hi Elaine -

I like the colors you chose -
But I would stay with one type of link layout through your site.
Put the links at the top or on the same side for every page -

It provides continuity for the surfer to visit ALL your pages, and
that's what you want. Right? 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not being critical, just trying to share another viewpoint.

Friends?   Smiley
JD
http://1happymarketer.ws

JD Tutterow

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
Abraham Lincoln
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 144
  Print  

Jump to: