May 15, 2024, 12:45:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My .ws Website  (Read 2926 times)
DavidRodriguez1

David Rodriguez

View Profile WWW
« on: January 17, 2011, 11:10:52 AM »

I'm using the replicated site because it tracks visitors and informs me when someone views the video. My questions: I want to use the website I built using the WS Builder. It came out very nice. Is there a way that I can track who visits my website? And is there a way GDI will inform me of who viewed the site as they do with replicated sites? I have a forum and blog set up on the built site, and would prefer to use my site. Any help/answers would be greatly appreciated.
David
VParker

Vincent R Parker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 03:24:40 PM »

Hi David,

GDI doesn't track sites that you make personally.  The reason most likely is that the affiliate pages have tracking codes installed on them by GDI.

But, there are numerous ways you can track your website.

One is through Google Analytics.  Just search for Google Analytics and sign up for a free account.  They will give you a bit of code you insert on your page/pages and it will not only track visitors, but also help you maximize it by providing data on what keywords people find your site by and so on.

On my blogs I use a plugin called ShareThis.  It also has a tracking feature.  It's not as in-depth as Google Analytics and is mostly meant to give you information about social site traffic.  But it does give you information on how many visitors your domain receives.  You don't have to set it up on a blog though, just do a search for ShareThis and they will give you a bit of code to insert the button on your site.  The button is handy, of course, because it gives visitors a way to quickly share your website and different pages.  And it's free too.

There are a few more free programs that will track your site for you.  StatCounter is one that comes to mind, though I have never used it.

And then of course there are paid for tracking programs that go really really in depth.

Hope this helps!  Smiley

Vincent Parker

Vincent R. Parker
JosephLarosa1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 11:26:42 AM »

I built a site with wordpress,I am on the 1st page of google, and I still can get sign ups. Could anybody give a little advise?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: