May 02, 2024, 11:42:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ftp upload problems.. connects but denies permission to upload  (Read 3572 times)
BNash

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2010, 10:43:49 AM »

i used dreamweaver to make my site and put in all of the remote info for ftp upload. it allows me to connect to the gdi hosting site but when i try to upload my files, and error message pops up and tells me that permission is denied. i've been using dreamweaver for years with several different hosting companies and never had this problem.  is there a certain period that you have to wait when you activate the hosting service with gdi til it will let you upload files??  please help!!!
DennisDow

just do it

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 09:07:56 AM »

after 7 day trial is up every thing turns on start adding friends
JennyF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 03:44:36 PM »

I had a similar problem when I was also connected to my ISP via Thunderbird email client. CuteFTP connected but would not do the upload.

It also happened the other way around. I was in CuteFTP and connected to GDI doing some updates to my site and I tried to download mail from my ISP in Thunderbird and the ISP  wouldn't verify my email details.

If you are using Thunderbird, Outlook or any other local email client, make sure it is closed down before you try your FTP again.

Not saying this is the only cause, but it certainly had an effect for me.

Jenny Fletcher
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: