May 02, 2024, 02:40:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: EMAIL HELP  (Read 57338 times)
M Shortt

View Profile
« on: February 25, 2007, 06:46:36 AM »

Hello,

I am new to this board and need some help in establishing a permament email address to use in my business.  I now have an AOL address but am sseriously thinking of changing it.  My question is how many of you all use exclusively the .WS mailbox?  Or do you use another e-mail and why?  I do know that the one thing that I don't like about the .ws mailbox is that it doesn't seem very user friendly.

Thanks,

M

Psalm 20:4
MNicdao

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 12:16:45 PM »

The best thing is keep your private email separate from your business and nothing wrong with that.
As for GDI email you mention that it is not user friendly, well, i am an amateur myself but did not find GDI email`s any problem.
One reason you have to utilize GDI email addresses is to give credibility to your Business (GDI).
Imagine your prospect or leads finding you, not wanting to use GDI email addresses for reason you mention above.
If you are a prospect yourself, would you join?
Tip, if you have problems email GDI on your back office. Believe me they are extremely helpful.
Good Luck and don`t give up.

Manuel
TimH

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 12:16:45 PM »

Hello,

I use .ws email services for everything and find it to be very user friendly. I use it for personal use and business use. Have never had any problems with it. What kind of problems are you experiencing?

Tim
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 12:17:41 PM by Frank_M » Logged
DWilson1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 03:03:55 AM »

Hello,

I am new to this board and need some help in establishing a permament email address to use in my business.  I now have an AOL address but am sseriously thinking of changing it.  My question is how many of you all use exclusively the .WS mailbox?  Or do you use another e-mail and why?  I do know that the one thing that I don't like about the .ws mailbox is that it doesn't seem very user friendly.

Thanks,

M
You can keep any current emails that you have. AS a matter of fact i enlisted the use of several different email accounts etc. yahoo google hotmail gawab and @wiki . Im getting ready to empliment myspace and geocities. they come in handy and i will tell you why :>) just private messge me and i will give you the low down on how to get traffic to you site. No guarantees just another method I use to get trffic.

dewjr
UmutDemir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 05:57:10 AM »

I am using my mail with MS Outlook 2003. I receive my mails but ı can't send an email to other email services. If I want to send to another ws email, there is no problem. However I can't send the other such as gmail,yahoo etc.

What can be the problem?

Thanks
DPro

Internet Marketer & Search Expert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 09:05:00 AM »

Instead of checking multiple accounts, I like to just forward all my emails from different addresses to just 1 email address.
I use Gmail because it's web based, this means I can check my email even if I don't have my laptop with me,
another interesting feature about Gmail is it allows me to send out /reply emails using different email identity.
This is great when you have different businesses, so you can read your emails from 1 central account, yet you can choose different "send from" address.

Want to install a blog for your GDI domain name?
Send me a private message to get help
RVanSant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 09:07:22 AM »

How can I place a default signature on my emails? Huh It seems that each time I send an email I have to manually set up the signature.
RVanSant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 02:44:58 PM »

Since there is no email signature default setting for my .ws email address, how do I make my signature default. The way it's working now is, I have to set my signature each time I send an email.

I got a reply that I need to set it in Outlook Express. I thought I'm using .ws mail, not Outlook Express mail?

I've tested this by setting my .ws email signature and sending a test email to my gmail address. When it arrives at gmail, the signature is there as it should be.

However, when I go back to my .ws email to send again, the signature is not there, and I have to set it again.

Now, what's the use of using my .ws email for business if I need to set my signature on it each time I need to send mail. I might as well use my gmail!

I'm not angry, just frustrated over the fact that I can't set my signature so it stays there as a default signature should.

My point is, I want my .ws email address with a permanent (default) signature in people's faces while I'm to promoting GDI and my other income programs. The email signature I use is the website address of my income programs, which includes GDI.

So, make me a happy camper and tell me what I must do to get my signature to permanently (default itself) stay on my .ws email.

I do aplogize if I sound a bit terse, but I've been in front of this computer since 7:30 this morning...I've just discovered blogging! And, so I've been doing that and been working with traffic exchanges all day.

If only my grandson was here, he can probably fix this for me! Grin

I know someone will respond, and in advance...I thank you.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 02:46:17 PM by ChipSnyder » Logged
RVanSant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 10:33:17 PM »

You receive mail with AOL and you hear, "You've Got Mail"!
You receive mail with Earthlink and you hear, "Mail Truck"!
You receive mail with GMail, and you use their mail notifier envelope icon in your task tray, the envelope darkens and you hear a sound.

I haven't seen anything like that with .ws
Is there anything available such as an icon, or sound to notify us when we receive mail to our .ws emaill?

PamelaR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2007, 06:54:36 AM »

I took me awhile to figure this one out too.  I believe if you go to the options under your .ws email, there is a section there where you can set your signature.  You might have to search around and read what is for what there (I did, but I confuse easily!)  Embarrassed You should find the set your signature in there someplace.  Good Luck and let me know if this helps..

Pam

Cool  Good things come to those who wait
Alan Chapman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2007, 05:08:22 AM »

Hello ,

I have been sending "Invitations" from inside my .ws members log on and I am finding most end up in my prospects "Email Junk Folder"

Does anyone have a work around for this ?

Is this because .ws is seen as a website so email progs just put the emails in Junk or is it because .ws are seen as spammers ( they do send out '000's of emails a day !)

I look forward to hearing from you !

Regards

Alan Chapman
F_Roe

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2007, 11:33:22 AM »

I'd like to set up my email that it will be for ws only but Im not sure how can anyone assist me with that?
Frances
HBertrand

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2007, 01:06:39 PM »

three problems I have with ws email:

myspace doesn't identify it as an email address.  when I set up a myspace acct using .ws it takes them weeks (no exaggeration) to send a verification, if at all.  So i have to et up my myspace under a .com.

next - there seems to be no way to block addresses on email.ws

next - no spam filter

if I'm wrong - then help a gal out, please
Alan Sheffield

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2007, 08:44:59 PM »

three problems I have with ws email:

myspace doesn't identify it as an email address.  when I set up a myspace acct using .ws it takes them weeks (no exaggeration) to send a verification, if at all.  So i have to et up my myspace under a .com.

next - no spam filter

if I'm wrong - then help a gal out, please

1. Sounds like a myspace issue not a WS issue.

2. You can setup a local SPAM filter on your computer. (Outlook - Outlook express or any other email client you use)

DPro

Internet Marketer & Search Expert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2007, 03:47:42 AM »

next - no spam filter

Alan is right that this is the problem with myspace. Since they can't solve that then the next best choice is use a .com email address or a web mail.

If you have a Gmail account, you can actually forward all your email messages from various domain names ( .ws or any other domains that you own) and manage all your emails from there. This is very good since you don't have to login to multiple accounts to check emails, so it saves you a lot of time. Gmail has a great spam filter too. Another cool feature about Gmail is that it allows you to send emails from your account using different email address identities. So your recipients will read the emails as though it is from your domain instead of gmail. There is a google video by Buck Rizvi which teaches you how to do that.

Melissa

Want to install a blog for your GDI domain name?
Send me a private message to get help
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: