May 12, 2024, 02:28:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 144
  Print  
Author Topic: Share Your Website...Part 1!  (Read 1031677 times)
LoganWandell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #420 on: July 31, 2005, 09:21:17 AM »

looks great for a 1 page site... cool effects! you could earn more money by adding more products for them to purchase to help them bulid their downline better... or bertter yet have special page for trainng your downline with all sorts of advice? Where to leave your cards, who to market to, and better yet ask them why they joined in the 1st place, and let them know that they should market to thoes people...friends, High school seniors... I think this might work for you, I actually plan to do this, but am having a tough time getting the web builder to work for me. anyway...hope this helps!

Here's somthing to think about:
"Only when you speak, can someone listen to your message" Word Of Mouth: It's the Secret to Network Marketing!

"The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse gets the cheese!"
SSmith

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 31, 2005, 09:29:05 AM »

You Rock!

The site is developing nicely.  Where did you get that cute and vicious looking red nosed dog!

I did notice that advertise is misspelled on page 2.  Now will you go to my site and proof my spelling.
www.parenting101.ws

sherri
Lon Eirhart

View Profile WWW
« Reply #422 on: July 31, 2005, 04:15:49 PM »

Hi folks ,
Lon here, I just finished editing my front page at www.loneirhart.ws and was hoping you all would pick it apart for me ,
I want this to be as perfect as I can get it and with your help I know it will be.. Thanks Lon
www.loneirhart.ws
B_Wells

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 31, 2005, 04:20:29 PM »

Yes indeed the website is wonderful it a great Idea .Is anyone going to do a Batman site I am a huge fan of batman sorry I am big kid  Cheesy
B_Wells

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 31, 2005, 04:23:09 PM »

Hi everyone tell my what you think of my ws website http://bestmaxtravels.ws
I will be adding the cruise info shortly but other wise it good
Nicole Taylor

Welcome to Talk.ws!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #425 on: July 31, 2005, 04:27:34 PM »

Hi Lon,

Good start. Keep in mind that you need to get the visitor's attention.

I'd like to suggest that you go to General Comments and read the posts on Search Engines and Reciprocal Linking.

Nicole

I make a good income right from home while I am drinking Starbucks and eating my cinnamon crumb cake.
Deborah H

View Profile WWW
« Reply #426 on: July 31, 2005, 05:05:47 PM »

Thank you both for looking and seeing the misspelling. I sure will go critique your site!
And I am pleased that it's not deemed horrible!!!
I know it has a very controversial hobby posted there-but for me it's really not just a hobby.
My job involves my Personal protection dog and "Hector" does ride with me everywhere I go. But I didn't put that on the site-just listed it as a hobby.
Because even if I didnt use my dogs for work and safety I would do the sport anyway as I love doing it.
Weird mix I know. But thems the facts.
GDI and Dobermann man eaters!!! LOL  Grin
THANK YOU MUCH GUYS. I feel better now. I was worried about it..Cool
Deborah H
Deborah H

View Profile WWW
« Reply #427 on: July 31, 2005, 05:17:55 PM »

Ok Sherri, I went and went all over your site. It is good. Very good in fact. You must know some html to do that. The only thing I would think about changing is this. The bots would like for each page to have a different name that describes the page contents. I had to go change all mine when I read that recently. In fact I had to change the site name even. I keep reading everything about how to get better ratings and change it as I find out what they say works best. but page descriptions is one of the things I recently learned about. Other than that it is a beautiful site!!!!  Cheesy
Deborah H
mack88
« Reply #428 on: July 31, 2005, 05:42:31 PM »

Hello!

Your website is very informative!  I did notice on the other pages, that the banner you have are cut-off on the right side of the page.  Should be an easy fix!

Frank
Kyra Tuey

Don't just be in it for now, be in it for LIFE!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #429 on: July 31, 2005, 05:43:04 PM »

I think it's good....but I think it could use some more pictures on your homepage.
Something to kind of make the page flow, you know.
Other than that....it's great!

~Kyra

Thanks,
Kyra
KimB

We are here smiling with GDI!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #430 on: July 31, 2005, 06:20:59 PM »

Good site!

Rick and Kim

Teamwork is the key! Let's everybody work as a team!
SSmith

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 31, 2005, 06:38:09 PM »

Hi,

This is a really nice site.  Very helpful for travelers.  But, I see you had the same problem as I with those dominating banners and finding the right size template to go under them.  Instead of using the single column center, you may want to try one column or two column then I think the banners will have more room.

Sherri
SSmith

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 31, 2005, 06:52:34 PM »

Thanks Deborah

I will begin reading about the bots tonight and figure out other page titles.  Right now, I'm just all out of ideas Wink

Sherri
THonsey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #433 on: July 31, 2005, 08:09:52 PM »

This is my first time building a web site, I made a few changes and want to know if it looks ok.

thanks,
                    Todd
        www.moneymakers4u.ws
« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 08:10:34 PM by Nicole Taylor » Logged
RachelB

GDI rules!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #434 on: July 31, 2005, 08:37:01 PM »

I think your site was not bad at all for a first try. However I would like to make a few constructive criticisms.

Firstly, you should try to keep scrolling to a minimum. It is recognised that most internet surfers do not scroll, so if you could keep all the info within the size of the screen that would be excellent.

Also I wouldn't try to put all the info on the homepage. The homepage is the first image a client would have of your site, and this needs to reflect the excellent quality of your services. As such it should act like the first page of a magazine or a brochure. Include all the "important" details about your site, and information on the hompage. Then get all the other information on other pages.

You have done well in naming your other pages by names which represent themselves. Too often people name extra pages "page2" page 3" etc. These names will lmean nothing to a prospective client and will lose them very quickly. By naming the pages by representative names, the client knows where he wants to go from the start, and that engages them to stay.

Other than that, it looks good and does give a feeling of going on a holiday.

keep up the good work, you are doing great!

Hope this helps. If you need anymore please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards

Rachel Bouchet  Grin
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 144
  Print  

Jump to: