May 04, 2024, 09:29:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26
  Print  
Author Topic: Site builder query  (Read 228047 times)
Dean Leverett

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: February 09, 2008, 02:49:51 PM »

I've built my .ws site and am fairly pleased with it and the hits its getting but one thing that I cannot figure out is how to add one of the GDI videos to automatically play when someone hits my site.  So many people will hit ur site and leave without ever clicking on a GDI link and I know it would help if one of the videos automatically started playing when someone checks out your site.

Would really appreciate any response and thank you in advance
                                            Dean

Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit. -- Napoleon Hill
RTom

See personal pic on skypename: lifestudent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: February 10, 2008, 01:52:16 PM »

One thing I have learnt here is after you have been inactive for a while 30 mins? you are logged out which is annoying because when you go to edit a page again...

you will get a  pop up Sitebuilder page that only has a box with your login name and password

except it doesn't recognise your password so you think you have forgotten your password so you go back looking for it.

This is a system flaw as far as I can see.

The way around it is to bookmark this page: https://www.website.ws/members/?userid= which will recognise your login and password.
RTom

See personal pic on skypename: lifestudent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: February 10, 2008, 02:15:43 PM »

I found nothing in Help and these are the instructions I was given by a person from GDI in an email who I suspect didn't actually go thgrough the process before emailling me:

""To add sound files to your webpages, please follow these steps:

1. From within Sitebuilder, please select the Gallery option on the left
panel
2. Click the Browse button and choose the sound files you wish to upload
3. Click the Upload files button DONE
4. Go back to the Page Editor and choose the edit icon on the page you wish to insert the sound file DONE
5. Click the Add New Content link located on the top right-hand corner
6. Select the "Insert an .au, .wav, mp3" option DONE
7. Click the Insert button.""
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
SO I HAVE TRIED TO FOLLOW THESE EXPLICITLY.

I HAVE SUCCEEDED IN UPLOADING VOICEFILE TO GALLERY

IT APPEARS THAT THE EDITING IS DONE WITHOUT GOING INTO THE PAGE WHERE THE TEXT EDITING IS DONE.

But....WHAT IS THIS CONTENT PARAMETERS PAGE THAT POPS UP ALL ABOUT?

WHAT EXACTLY DO

WIDTH?

HEIGHT?

LOOP?

HIDDEN?

AUTOSTART MEAN?

THEN ANOTHER POP UP PAGE COMES ASKING FOR A PARGRAPH HEADER AND PARGRAPH  FOOTER!
WHAT ARE THEY ALL ABOUT? I mean I just want to put a soundfile link on! SHOULD IT BE THIS HARD??!!

ANYWAY I HAVE EXPERIMENTED WITH TRYING DIMENSIONS FOR HEIGHT AND WIDTH,
AND TICKED AUTOSTART,

GIVEN THE FILE A HEADER AND FOOTER NAME WHICH APPEARS ON THE PAGE.

BUT THERE IS NO LIVE LINK AND NO WAY FO HEARING THE SOUND FILE!!!

AND I HAVE EVEN TRIED THIS ON EMPTY PAGES SO SPACE LIMIT ISNT AN ISSUE.

DOES ANYBODY KNOW ABOUT THIS CONTENT PARAMETERS PAGE ?

THANKS IN ADVANCE.
Dean P

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 12, 2008, 03:16:47 AM »

Any tutorials on web building and how to promote GDI on the site or do we have to promote GDI? I totaly get warped out on this stuff.Can any one walk me thru or show me some sample web pages...
Thanks.
Dean
DPro

Internet Marketer & Search Expert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: February 13, 2008, 09:42:02 AM »

Hi Dean,

I have put together some video tutorials on youtube on how to use the GDI site builder,
you can see then on my page here:
http://www.bestgditeam.ws/page6.html

Any tutorials on web building and how to promote GDI on the site or do we have to promote GDI? I totaly get warped out on this stuff.Can any one walk me thru or show me some sample web pages...
Thanks.
Dean

Want to install a blog for your GDI domain name?
Send me a private message to get help
YNeault

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 18, 2008, 04:02:10 PM »

Hi everyone,

I have a problem when i upload my web site to GDI, i'm using Dreamweaver to build my Website and when i
make a preview in my browser, i can see everything, nav bar, images but as soon as i upload it to GDI via
FTP and i check my web site, my nav bar and images on my first and all other pages disappear i want to
know what is causing this?

Thanks,

Yves.
GilbertArmenta

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 19, 2008, 02:20:21 PM »

I had a downline member ask me if there was a way to get the GDI video on their site.
I know i've seen it out there somewhere before, but how can you get this done?

Thanks,
Gil
YNeault

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 21, 2008, 08:22:08 AM »

Hi,

I really need help here, i've uploaded my web site on GDI host, and i came out right
away, the problem is when i go on my web site, i see nothing, i used Dreamweaver
with some flash into it but nothing works i've bee working on this for 2 weeks now
and nothing works.

Please help me.

Thanks.

Yves Neault
DPro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: February 21, 2008, 09:32:14 AM »

Hi Yves Neault,

Make sure you upload your files inside the folder with your domain name.
http://your_domain_name.ws

DPro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: February 21, 2008, 09:35:38 AM »

Hi Gilbert,

Copy and paste the code below in the webpage (in the code view)

Code:
<OBJECT width="370" height="360" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" name="testimonials_video" id="dvd_video" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0">
<PARAM name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF">
<PARAM name="movie" value="http://images.dvd.ws/dvd.ws/video/preloader_dvd.swf?sponsor=username&host=images.dvd.ws%2Fdvd.ws&language=english">
<PARAM name="loop" value="false">
<PARAM name="quality" value="high">
<PARAM name="play" value="TRUE">
<PARAM name="menu" value="TRUE">
<EMBED width="370"  height="360" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" src="http://images.dvd.ws/dvd.ws/video/preloader_dvd.swf?sponsor=username&host=images.dvd.ws%2Fdvd.ws&language=english" name="dvd_video" id="testimonials_video" play="TRUE" menu="TRUE" quality="high" loop="false"  type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></EMBED>
</OBJECT>

Please remember to ask your downline to change the part that has "username" to his/her own GDI userid.

I had a downline member ask me if there was a way to get the GDI video on their site.
I know i've seen it out there somewhere before, but how can you get this done?

Thanks,
Gil

ColinN

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 28, 2008, 04:41:14 AM »

Hi,

I recently joined GDI in hopes of making a few extra bucks, and starting a successful internet business in line with the Business major I will be studying within the next year.

I'm just wondering if anyone here uses XSitePro to design and publish their website here at .WS.

I'm having problems uploading the tutorial website I created to my website, just for testing purposes. How do I go about doing so? I have everything set up like it says, Minus the 'Home Domain' and 'FTP Domain'. I'm not sure what to put there, and every time I attempt to publish it I get a long list or errors ,even though the process does complete. Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer help.

Colin
A Burns

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 04, 2008, 08:20:06 PM »

Huh hello everyone my name is alonozo  i live in edgewood md.  I trying to build my GDI business.  I am not sure how the site bulder works.  It does not seem to be user friendly.   So here I am three months later without having my site set up.  I need help please!!! Sad
Danny M1

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 06, 2008, 03:05:59 AM »

I am teaching a course in vocal music reading for my church choir.  What I would like to do is videotape the classes and store them on my website in archival fashion so people could come to my site and view the classes.  Is that possible?  Please don't tell me I have 100 mb (or whatever) of space for my site, because I have no idea how much that is.  Plain English, please.
KimJ

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 08, 2008, 05:04:41 AM »

how do i change  the page names in my web site? they both say page 2

go to editer and open additional properties and you can changepage name

KimJ

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 08, 2008, 05:10:26 AM »

how when cgi-bin and formmail can possible  in ws site is very import to long life for ws

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: