May 02, 2024, 04:27:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Upload Topics  (Read 68774 times)
ChevalierV

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2005, 02:18:43 PM »

Can I upload web pages that I have created In Microsoft Frontpage and  add them to my website I have created on site builder?

Sincerly ,
Vic
DronellarMoore

"Retired at 35"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2005, 03:13:33 AM »

You must elect "webhost" under the domain option...for a custom site

GDI doesn't allow you to alter the template. Which I think is good, it is excellent quality control~

Site builder is template driven. It is nice to quickly get your page jump-started and get your url's and meta info introduced into the search engines...It has been know to take sometime...but given that this is .ws it should accelerate what would normally take .com's months to show up~

I hope this answered your question
MikeMcGhie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2005, 05:19:04 AM »

This is an awesome question.  I myself use Frontpage and as of yet done anything with my personal site as I am building the opportunity.  But I was considering making an "About myself" website to promote myself to my prospects.  I think this is very important that our prospects get to know who they get into business with. 

Using Frontpage I know requires frontpage server extensions which I am not sure we have available however I would like to know if we can construct our own site on frontpage and upload without any of the bells and whistles that require the extensions.

Can anyone give us some input on this.

Thanks Mike McGhie.

P.S.  How do I get a pic of myself on my admissions to the forum
JulioY

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2005, 12:01:45 PM »

I have built a site with MS FP2003 and uploaded it with no problems. You can see it at www.smartbizops.ws
Rhonda D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2005, 10:52:27 AM »

I hope this gets through soon because I'm trying to publish my site using Front Page and it's not going through.  I can't get past the login because that keeps popping up, and I know I put in the right information because I've published before.  Is the server down or something?

"Everything's impossible ... 'til it ain't."
HelenR

get rich..get rich..get rich..

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2005, 09:44:12 AM »

HI YA ALL FROM DOWN UNDER!!

Just mastered the art of site-building this weekend! Last weekend I was almost going to pack it in, but my knight in shining armour, my dear up-line sponsor, figured out where I was going wrong  & fixed it for me! Im over the moon!!
But, now I have run into some more difficulties, namely, uploading music/voice file content. I tried to upload some music to my gallery, but promptly received the dreaded IE (internet explorer)  has encountered a problem & needs to close error message!!  (I hate that message, cause you know that you get wiped off & shut down!!) Each time closing down completely!
Anyway, I tried & tried but, alas, the message appeared over & over again. Is there some special way to upload my saved MP3 music files  & also AMR voice files? (voice files I have recorded on my mobile phone & transferred to my PC). I tried creating a new folder away from where it was originally saved, then uploading it from there,  but it didnt make any difference.
I would like to include some music &/or voice files (like ive seen on other web-sites), but it seems I need help first doing it. Is it possible to have music playing in the background on your web-site? Or to play a quick welcome voice file?
Has anyone out there encountered this problem at all? How did you solve it? Please help I need some good advice. Have also put my request in to support too. In the meantime, while waiting for their response, I would like to hear from all the problem-solvers out there.
Regards, Helen
PS. Have almost got my web-site up & running!! Except for this small (I hope) problem. Phew! What a relief let me tell you!
JoeRodes

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2005, 09:47:47 AM »

i'm having the same problem, i just spend about 6 hours making the site and i uploaded it into the folder with the index.html. now when i click the site that i assigned it just goes to a GDI page not mine.
R_Weiss

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2005, 05:31:59 AM »

I have added audio and video to my website.  I use instantvideogenerator to do it. 

Rich
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 05:33:21 AM by Frank_M » Logged

Rich Weiss
Matthew Green

"Stop thinking about it, Start doing it"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2005, 11:14:49 AM »

I have tried to upload Pages from Front-Page 2000.

The process appears to have worked but when I go to the website all I get is a parent directory link.

I have made the first page index.html but it does not seem to work.

Please help
Matthew green
mg247

Regards,
HelenR

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2005, 07:20:54 PM »

Big Gidday from Downunder,[/b]
Hi ya to all!! I was wondering about creating animations/flash files for uploading to my website. Is this possible? I have come across this great animations software on the net, which is very reasonably priced, & I want to purchase it, but before I do, I need to know if sitebuilder will support the uploading of these files I create using this software.  With this fantastic software, I can create slide shows/ banners/ flash text/ menu & navigation buttons & sub-menu buttons & more.. & all of these can be made with music added. They also have  downloadable demo versions for each of the effects you want to create, so you can try before you buy & also to familiarise yourself with it, if your a newbie just like me.
So, my question is, is it possible to buy this software, & create great looking flash, etc.. then upload it easy enough to sitebuilder?? The software company claims that they are standard flash files, supported by any browser & o/s. But, i need to know 100% for sure before i buy, if all is ok.
 I have checked out other peoples websites, & have noticed that they have animations on theirs, so i assume that its ok.
thanks to ya all,
regards,
Helen. R.
yours in health & wealth & happiness.
Kris_M

I'm a 25 year old chick. Deal w/ it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2005, 02:25:14 PM »

Well, loading flash movies or animations into a site doesn't require any server support in the background, like php would.  You should be able to upload the .swf file, and embed it using an embed tag in the html of the page where you want it to show up.  It is then the responsibility of the user visiting your site to ensure they have Macromedia Flash Player and Macromedia Shockwave player in order to be able to view your site, but support for Macromedia is provided for all web browsers and operating systems, as the site mentioned to you.

If you want to test it, find a .swf file that you can download, and then upload it to the .ws domain server, include the embed source, and see if it works.

If it does, you have your answer.  If you need help on how to do this, let me know.  Smiley
HelenR

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2005, 01:15:30 AM »

Thanks so much Kris,
Will check out this info & try it out. Also, what about m/s office frontpage? Would i be able to create animations with this? thanks so much.
gidday from downunder 
regards, Helen                                  
HelenR

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2005, 01:15:30 AM »

greetings to all from downunder, YES WE DID IT!!! GERMANY 2006 HERE WE COME!!1)
Just wondering if anyone out there can give me any detailed instructions on how to use m/s frontpage 2000 to add animations/flash/banners, etc.. to my website?  Im a complete novice, & would appreciate some help. Have read other posts on the subject, but it seems so confusing to me. Thanks so much. My website is almost done, bar getting to master frontpage & adding a few bits & pieces to brighten things up. Once I figure it out, it will only be a short time before everything is ready for publishing.
2)
Also, can I use frontpages' templates & create my own pages instead of sitebuilders? What is involved in this?
thanks, regards, Helen. R.[/b]
Belinda_K

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2005, 05:21:45 AM »

I'm trying to upload some large ebooks to store on my webpage but I can't upload any large files. So far I have uploaded a few smaller ebooks, but anything over about 10 mb won't work. I starts uploading but then after about half an hour it just goes back to the page editor section. The files I'm trying to upload are zip files but I haven't had any problems with the smaller page.

Also, I want to forward my 1st page to a different site, how do I do this?

Any help on either of these would be really really really appreciated.

Belinda
gdi
« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2005, 05:27:05 AM »

All Upload Qs/suggestions should be posted here.

Thank you,

Chip
Admin
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
  Print  

Jump to: