May 06, 2024, 05:09:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 144
  Print  
Author Topic: Share Your Website...Part 1!  (Read 1029450 times)
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #285 on: July 20, 2005, 03:26:34 AM »

Yes I also get http://www.thisones4u.ws/images/KimRickmodified.jpg as a broken image - maybe it is spelled wrong. Files on unix servers are case sensitive!
SSmith

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 20, 2005, 11:39:44 AM »

Congratulations on a job well done!  How did you get the picture in the left hand margin?
KLopez

View Profile WWW
« Reply #287 on: July 20, 2005, 02:51:28 PM »

I just thought I would post my website here (which is by no means finished yet) to see what y'all think.  I had a pretty hard time figuring out what to write on the first page but I hope it looks at least halfway decent... haha... any comments and suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks  Smiley

http://www.kavlopez.ws
Tatjana Prelog

Love, friendship and honesty are treasures!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #288 on: July 20, 2005, 03:34:34 PM »

Hello!

It's good. Well I like that it's in Spanish, too though I can only a few words.

Tell me something: You've made this with the sitebuilder, right? How did you wrap the text around the banner. I love this!

Tatjana

Have a better day than I ever had!!! Charish the life, true friendship, love and honesty!!

Tatjana
Kyra Tuey

Don't just be in it for now, be in it for LIFE!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #289 on: July 20, 2005, 06:52:39 PM »

Kaci,
I think your site is awesome! I love the fact that you did it bilingually!!! WAY TO GO!!!
That will definitely set you up for when GDI gets there other languages set up!
~Kyra

Thanks,
Kyra
JeffreyN

Me and my youngest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: July 20, 2005, 07:40:47 PM »

I put up a site using an HTML editor and then uploaded via FTP.
Here it is:

www.jeffnorberg.ws
P_Gringel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #291 on: July 20, 2005, 08:54:17 PM »

that is the smartest thing I have seen you are very very good
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 05:16:08 AM by P_Gringel » Logged
KLopez

View Profile WWW
« Reply #292 on: July 20, 2005, 09:15:45 PM »

Hello!

It's good. Well I like that it's in Spanish, too though I can only a few words.

Tell me something: You've made this with the sitebuilder, right? How did you wrap the text around the banner. I love this!

Tatjana

Yes I did make my website with Sitebuilder. To be honest, I didn't wrap the text around the banner on purpose... I just added content and when I looked at it - it was like that on the screen. I noticed that I had the flag layout chosen for the front page... maybe that has something to do with it?? I'm not an expert at these things, hehe, but I just put the banners and text and that's the way it looked (I didn't do anything else to it.)
Maybe if you play around with the layout then you can figure something out.  Wink   
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #293 on: July 20, 2005, 11:29:30 PM »

Great effort - the graphics on page two take a while to load
P_Gringel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #294 on: July 21, 2005, 12:31:31 AM »

lol! no wonder your head hurts it took a lot of work getting  all that up and running  I bet.
Still feeling good after a real good laugh thanks a bunch! ( P.S. but not exactly selling ws is it?:-D!) Wink
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 05:20:09 AM by P_Gringel » Logged
Dennis F

Get outa yer comfort zone and use the moment

View Profile WWW
« Reply #295 on: July 21, 2005, 12:32:37 AM »

Right now I am playing with the sites "ready to use" site builder...just to get a feel for what is provided for all of us.  My site is not anything professional, I want to keep playing around with what GDI has step by step. But it does look presentable -  www.onlineaddress.ws - just for any curious people. It is also marked on my profile.  This site will be in constant change. I like to learn as I go. 

The pictures on the site were from GDIs' selections mixed in with my own touch of Garble...lol   

The banners are supplied by GDI and I had thought I had a problem getting them to work, but it was my own Nortons Intivirous program blocking it...hehehe  blush
Next update I will start adding stuff not supplied from GDI...

I will be looking for some good stuff, counters, guestbook.  One goal is to try to keep my page "load up time" somewhat fast....not to fancy just functional I am on dial-up and will skip pages with long load up times. And I am sure alot of other Nations are on dial up for the bigger percentage as well.

The grass is only greener on the other side of the fence because you put the fence there...pssst... take it down.
Kyra Tuey

Don't just be in it for now, be in it for LIFE!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #296 on: July 21, 2005, 07:54:38 AM »

Jeffrey,

You've taken an interesting approach to promoting GDI.
I like your idea.....it's really original!

~Kyra

Thanks,
Kyra
Deborah H

View Profile WWW
« Reply #297 on: July 21, 2005, 08:11:59 AM »

You did a nice job! I really like your text!
Deborah H Smiley
David Malley

Hi Rainman here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #298 on: July 21, 2005, 08:12:40 AM »

Hi everyone,
                 Here`s something I`ve put together that uses the GDI "audio" presentation.
     I did think of making an "audio" myself, but I think my English "Cockney" accent might be a bit
     of a Mystery to a lot of my potential downliners.  Cheesy

http://www.rainmansworld.ws/page4.html

No one  ever really failed,they just didn`t try quite hard enough.
Norma_Valenzuela

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 21, 2005, 08:12:40 AM »

Hi Friend In Christ,

Hi you really have a wonderful sites. very inspirational and every one will be blessed!

Amen! Glory To God in the Highest!

Hope you can help me to make this kind of site here in my country just to spread the kindness of God to each in everyone of us!

Surely your business will succeed in GOds Help!

God BLess

Norma Valenzuela-Philippines
« Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 08:13:49 AM by ChipSnyder » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 144
  Print  

Jump to: