May 01, 2024, 10:20:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: Marketing Methods/Ideas  (Read 157838 times)
Amy Derby

i am a work in progress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2005, 02:25:48 PM »

Gerald, thanks!  And same to you.  I want to see EVERYONE succeed.  Smiley

Norma, thanks.  If I'd known you were going to do the other thread, I'd probably have put this in there to keep it all together.  Maybe a mod or admin can do it?  Kiss

~Amy~

"Imagine Being More Afraid of Freedom Than Slavery." ~Pamela Sneed~
Deborah H

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2005, 07:06:00 PM »

Go through the BBB in your area. OR the phone book. Get there addresses and or numbers and market to them the way that works best for you. MANY businesses do not have sites. Dont think they can afford one. But be sure and tell them they can afford ours! Grin
Deborah H
Deborah H

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2005, 07:06:00 PM »

You sure can put it in their paper box. Or tape it on.
I am in the sticks and everyone has paper boxes.  Smiley
MAIL boxes are a BIG no no though! Unless you mail them. Smiley
Deborah H
Kyra Tuey

Don't just be in it for now, be in it for LIFE!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2005, 07:52:59 AM »

You can put business cards in the crease in their front doors!

Thanks,
Kyra
Deborah H

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2005, 03:55:12 AM »

Michael,
What is Craigslist? Undecided
Deborah H
Marvin Drobes

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2005, 08:30:37 AM »

If you decide to use "drop cards" (a card with a catchy phrase like - NEED ADDTIONAL INCOME and then put just your movie web address) you can have plain black and white business cards at your local Staples for as little as $11.95 per 1000 and then go have fun with your family.

How?  See how fast you can put the cards between the drivers side window and door in your local strip malls or parking lots.

You can also print flyers 2 up on a page and cut them then go to apartment complexes and put them between the door handles and door frame.  Gives you a good workout as well, especially if the apartment complex has an up and down staircase.

Your Partner In Success,
Marvin Drobes
MichaelR

Success is not a goal, it's a state of mind

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2005, 09:19:23 AM »

Thanks everyone.  The information I've recieved have been very helpful.

Michael Robillard
Millionaire in the Making
Kyra Tuey

Don't just be in it for now, be in it for LIFE!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2005, 09:45:50 AM »

Deborah,

Craigslist is an online classified website. They have a list of all the big city names all around the world. It's supposed to be used for local services...but that's not always the case. It's free to post on there, as long as you're *not* posting as a *job*. Also...be careful when posting on Craigslist because people tend to report your ad as *spam*, if you don't post in the right section, & then your ad is deleted.

Kyra
« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 07:05:56 PM by Kyra Tuey » Logged

Thanks,
Kyra
MichaelR

Success is not a goal, it's a state of mind

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2005, 09:51:34 AM »

Thanks for the tip

Michael Robillard
Millionaire in the Making
mack88
« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2005, 02:36:57 PM »

Hello Everyone!

I was reading the posts in this thread and a few people mentioned Craig List!  Refer the the August 11 Newsletter!  We cannot post on the Craig List.  Here is the thread posted by Chip:  http://talk.ws/index.php?topic=1265.0

Frank
SSmith

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2005, 08:39:12 PM »

Thank you,

I didn't know what Craig's List was.  Now I know I don't have to waste valuable marketing time finding out.

Sherri
IVargas

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2005, 09:06:42 AM »

Michael, I am in the same situation, only my kids go to school and I am free during the day. The problem is that I do not even have a car. But any way let's go into more possitive things.
Maybe this will help you. Here is my plan ... find out in your state what is the website to go to in to in order to get information on companies that have incorporated (corporations) There you will get addresses and businesses names, look for the ones that opened a corporation recently (The site will show how long the corporation has been opened) Go for the newbees, as they may not have a website yet or the capital to do so. Go to yellowpages.com and run the business addrs, there you will get a phone number. Call them, congratulate them on their new business and let them know that you are offering new business owners a chance to have their own business site with their own domain for only $10.00 a month, let them know that you really want to help them out and will give them a week FREE of charge so they can get up and running in no time. This will be free for you since you will be making only local calls. So you do not get overwhelmed make it a point to call only 5 business a day, that is 20 contacts a week. Now you say your wife works, I am sure that other people work with her! Go to your local dollar or family dollar store buy mugs, buy 10 or 15 of them that will be at a dollar each! Go to your local craft store get ink for mugs, be creative put your site on them. Give them to your wife so she can give them as a gift to her co-workers. Get your local papers that advertise garage sales, get a hold of those people and offer to help them for free if they allow you to give your flyers or business cards to their customers, not only will you make new local friends but you will also get new prospects! You can also get your own garage sale going, perfect to get to know your neighboors, pass out flyers and or biz cards. You can even make a big banner with your site on it and post it in front of the house during the garage sale! I really hope this helps, I will be doing the same things my self.

Ingrid Vargas  Wink
Id: uriel
LoganWandell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2005, 10:23:00 AM »

If you decide to use "drop cards" (a card with a catchy phrase like - NEED ADDTIONAL INCOME and then put just your movie web address) you can have plain black and white business cards at your local Staples for as little as $11.95 per 1000 and then go have fun with your family.

How? See how fast you can put the cards between the drivers side window and door in your local strip malls or parking lots.

You can also print flyers 2 up on a page and cut them then go to apartment complexes and put them between the door handles and door frame. Gives you a good workout as well, especially if the apartment complex has an up and down staircase.

Great idea Marvin! I already did the flyers thing with Kinkos...$45 for 1000 ! no luck though. My ad in the paper hasn't helped yet...I plan on using one listed in the training manuel  (less expensive...less wordy!)

Thanks for the info!

-Logan

Here's somthing to think about:
"Only when you speak, can someone listen to your message" Word Of Mouth: It's the Secret to Network Marketing!

"The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse gets the cheese!"
Marie_F

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2005, 11:36:29 AM »

In the latest newsletter GDI specifically states not to advertise on Craigslist as it is classed as spamming.

Marie
Daniel Briere

To $5000/mo by the end of the year!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2005, 07:08:38 PM »

Ok, Frank thanks for the heads up! I didn't realize that was against the rules! Tongue

Hello Everyone!

I was reading the posts in this thread and a few people mentioned Craig List!  Refer the the August 11 Newsletter!  We cannot post on the Craig List.  Here is the thread posted by Chip:  http://talk.ws/index.php?topic=1265.0

Frank

- Daniel
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: