May 04, 2024, 02:25:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: Marketing Methods/Ideas  (Read 157994 times)
Javier Segura

Javier Segura

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: August 27, 2005, 04:58:29 PM »

Yeah a picture would be Awsome! I'm interested

Javier Segura
Houston, TX
MarkT

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 27, 2005, 08:55:52 PM »

Great Idea !!!!  It is all about getting the word out.
KLopez

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: August 28, 2005, 01:18:43 AM »

I am interested also!
Nicole Taylor

Welcome to Talk.ws!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2005, 02:04:02 PM »

Hello,

Please send your requests to Shelley by PM.

Thanks,

Nicole

I make a good income right from home while I am drinking Starbucks and eating my cinnamon crumb cake.
HowardMartell

"Repetition is the mother of all Skills"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: September 04, 2005, 08:54:30 AM »

I agree with your posting their our business builders and their our people out their who just want to use the awesome products and services.

Its our job to be able to sort and sift between the two.

take care
NPriestly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: September 05, 2005, 12:06:46 PM »

Has no one ever placed ads in papers and shoppers yet? There's got to be some great ideas for ads amoung this huge group of members. Fess up! Share what worked for you. Share if it didn't work too. Maybe ads in papers is a bad idea. Heck I don't know. I'm new at this too! I just want to try anything and everything-especially things that won't cost a lot to do!! Grin
Thanks Guys,
Deborah H

I tried advertising in our main newspaper (small city) ... cost about $30AUD for 6 days... problem is people throw paper out every day. Papers also have rules about advertising MLM but GDI was OK as it is commission only. Results? NIL - but then it has been said you need to advertise consistently for any results... felt I couldn't afford it.. much better ways to spend money than newspaper advertising!
Am very impressed with the ideas I'm reading here!
Hope this helps?
Carmen S

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 07, 2005, 10:17:13 AM »

I would say, do-it-yourself.
If you do it yourself, your likely-hood of having more prospects is FAR BETTER than with any *guaranteed traffic* site. Personally....don't waste your money with those programs. & definitely don't get yourself into any SPAM conflicts. Not only are there fines involved with spamming, but you could also lose your affiliate status with GDI.

~Kyra

I say you are absolutely right.  I have been on the net since prodigy was out for MS-DOS.. I know that if your not the very first to come up with something, or "have created your own business from scratch" - then forget it.  You send out your link to all those search engines and get what? spam in return.  You would have to spend 100's to all of those search engines just to even attempt to get a good listing on them.  Personally, I can get 5 people better by sending them a personal letter than sending my 1 link to a thousand search engines.
JasonE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2005, 12:07:33 PM »

Anyone use any paid promotion such as search engine etc that you would recommend? Im stuck at the 3rd level and need some more sign ups.
S Ken

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 11, 2005, 06:11:23 AM »

Hi Frank,

How did this letter work out for you? Sounds like a good letter.

Ken

Here's my Letter I'm sending Out to Area Business:

Dear Bill,

How would you like to have this as your Internet Address?  www.BillysBargainBarn.ws

The domain industry is exploding! Industry experts predict that over 500 Million domains will be active annually within the next ten years.

Before you can start up a business - any business - customers need to be able to find you. On the Internet, your address is your domain name; the part of an Internet address that comes after the www. With the unparalleled growth of the Internet, dot com domain names continue to sell like hotcakes. Currently, there are more than 20 million dot com domains, and over 34 million total domains registered worldwide. Industry experts forecast that more than 500 million domains will be registered in the next ten years. In fact, reliable sources from companies like Intel are predicting that every personal computer in the future will have its own domain name.

Why Do You Want A Web Site?
You can establish a professional, trusted image by having a Web site. An online presence can perform many functions to help support your business, and all of them should incorporate the following three top-level goals:

Enhanced Customer Service. The Web offers unprecedented ways to improve service to your customers. You can give buyers the ability to check the status of their orders or accounts, and to handle transactions electronically anytime. Customer loyalty can be enhanced through interactive discussions and surveys designed to assess public reactions and gather honest feedback about products and services. FAQs and e-mail can reduce the volume, and therefore the expense, of toll-free calls. If you sell products online, you can use e-mail to confirm orders.

Reduced Sales and Marketing Costs. Online operating manuals and troubleshooting guides can reduce telephone time and streamline operating efficiency. You can provide information on special offers without incurring the cost of brochures, direct mail, long-distance charges, travel or other business expenses. You can stretch your marketing dollars by including your Web address on print materials targeting potential customers. If your site is designed to process orders, you can make sales around-the-clock, seven days a week, regardless of staffing levels and without the extra costs of toll-free telephone lines, regional sales offices or distribution centers.

Opening New Markets. A Web site allows you to explore new ways to sell your products. Wholesalers can open a retail channel (provided their own retailers don’t object), and local businesses can tap into national and international markets that were previously out of reach.

Global Domains International, Inc. is the worldwide domain name registry for all .ws (Dot WS) domain names. Our product is an incredible $10 per month package that includes your own domain name, hosting accounts, and up to ten email accounts, plus an easy-to-use online web site builder that will allow you to get a professional looking web site on the web as quickly as possible. And the best thing is, you can try out everything we have to offer, starting today, for FREE.

Frank Anderson
G.D.I. Sales Affiliate

I am targeting meduim to small Independant Businesses. I also include a brochure outlining the product features and my contact information.

I have created a date base of local business and use merge fields for name and domain name insertion into the document.

Feel free to contact me with any questions!
LoganWandell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: September 12, 2005, 04:57:37 AM »

Hi everyoone!

Regarding offline advertising in newspaers or magizines.  One rule of thumb about advertsing in the newspapers is that you have to be prepared to have that ad in there for a long time... it has to do with repitition. The more some one sees the same ad in the paper, the more likely they are to check it out once or twice to see what it's all about.

It is advisable to start small and build slowly according to your budget restraints, otherwise, you may get frustrated with all the money your putting in and how little you get back in the short run.

Think about it, and weigh the honest pros and cons before putting any ad in any publications... expecially the big ones! Word of mouth is usually the best way to go... not to mention the cheapest! And don't forget to download the GDI manuel...it's a goldmine of info for all of us!

-Logan
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 04:58:27 AM by ChipSnyder » Logged

Here's somthing to think about:
"Only when you speak, can someone listen to your message" Word Of Mouth: It's the Secret to Network Marketing!

"The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse gets the cheese!"
JRog

Learn how to earn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: September 25, 2005, 07:40:40 PM »

I Have Found That One Of The Best Ways To Market Is
Actually By Being Active In Forums.  There's A Lot Of
Wonderful "Free Ad Forums" Out There That You Can
Simply Put Your GDI Site In Your Signature And Help Out
As Many People As You Can.  Post Replies Often And
Really Get Involved.  Be Creative In Your Writing.  Don't
Do Any Copy & Paste Jobs, But Write From The Heart.
I Get A Lot Of Exposure That Way And LOTS Of
Signups.  Also Offer Something As A FRee Gift To
Give Away.....People Love Gifts....I Sure Do.  There Are
Loads Of Free Stuff You Can Give Away For Helping Out
Your Fellow Marketers!
Kind Regards and Cheerios To YOUR Success!

-Life is a mirror, you see what you reflect.
-In the cookies of life, great friends are the chocolate chips!
-If I ever get abducted and held hostage in a chocolate     factory, DON'T send help!!!
GeraldYancey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: September 25, 2005, 11:42:33 PM »

Hi All,

What are your thoughts about recruiting website designers/developers for this opportunity?

Gerald Cool

1. THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX!
2. MANY ARE CALLED BUT FEW ARE CHOSEN!
HowardMartell

"Repetition is the mother of all Skills"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: October 01, 2005, 06:50:21 PM »

Excellent idea,

We can show the benefits of GDI and it pays you to refer people to the business or products.

Create a win win situation!

See you at the top!

TerranceCharles

Leaders are Readers, Learners are Earners...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2005, 09:34:18 PM »

Hi Gdiers,

I wanted to participate in the forum with you and give you some motivation. I'm not doing this because I want credit or anything like this, I am doing this because I have been with GDI for a short amount of time and the results I am getting I did not get with any other program on the internet. GDI is truly powerful as you already know, just use the tools and system available and everything will work out.

When you see things that discourage you like oh that's a "get rich scheme" realize why you joined the business in the first place and that you are going to make the money not the people who are trying to bring you down. Focus on what you want out of life and this business, set your goals, tell yourself in the next month or so I want to exceed this much people and make this much money, plan it out and follow through, that's what works.

Advertising Tips..

I am using this methods right now for my GDI business and I have noticed in the "hit log" areas that my page views are increasing at a good rate, most of it from search engines on keywords for my self built website that I keyword optimized for business opportunity seekers.

I don't hold back any secrets, I am not that type if I'm using it and it works I'm gunna let ya know. I have made well over $1000 from affiliate programs using paid advertising and finding the right advertising is key to exploding your organizations, here are some good advertising hotspots.

WARNING: Do not use gauranteed visitors, THEY ARE SCAM PROGRAMS!!!

Method #1 - Online Classified Ads

Method #2 - Solo Ezine Ads

Method # 3 - Paid Advertising on high traffic sites

Method # 4 - Real testimonials on other sites that include your page link.

Method # 5 - Traffic Exchanges - Manual ONLY, No auto surfs.

Method # 6 - Newspaper Classified ads.

Method # 7 - Contact high traffic sites with your websites content, and kindly as for a link or for ad space.

Method # 8 - Search engines, build your own GDI content based page and keyword optimize your webpage with key word terms related to your business such as "work at home" "home based business" "affiliate program" "work from home" "home business opportunity"

Method # 9 - Text link advertising, banner advertising (GDI has good converting banners).

Method # 10 - Whatever sites or other groups that you use, leave your website link if you can.

Method # 11 - Flyers to get clicks, I just put another one up today.

That's just most promotion that I use right now, the combinatin of all can bring great results.

I just found out that the webpage that I built caught on to the search engines for the exact terms I used above including GDI business so I am testing conversion rates and clickthrough rates.

"Continue to do what you do now, and continue to get what you get now"

And just remember, you might get visitors and no signups, that's normal, not everyone will understand the business the first visit, follow up, and find your niche advertising on high traffic sites.

Good luck to everyone with thier GDI business, let's make this a prosperous business year.

Whether you think you Can or you Can't... Your Right.
James_Hagarty

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: October 26, 2005, 09:45:00 PM »

Thank you to everyone who is sharing their marketing ideas.

I myself am starting to develop my marketing mindset.

From previous sales training I have learned the concept of The Three Foot Rule which states that you should share your opportunity with
everyone that comes within a three foot radius of you on a daily basis. How many people does that include?  Stop and think about it for a minute.....

I have ordered my GDI business cards but am still waiting for them to arrive. 
Business cards are good for us newbies because it gives you a nice prop to work with, help guide your focus and your prospect's focus, and gives you something to do with your hands!

But I realized today that I do not need to wait for cards to come in to promote GDI.

Today I gave my "card" to a repair man who came to my house.... I took a regular 3x5 index card and wrote on it with big marker
www.(mysite).ws 7 minute movie $ :-) 
just like that with the smiley face and the dollar sign.  I talked to him about it for a few minutes and I feel confident that he will check out my site when he gets the chance.  Anyone can spare seven minutes.

I followed this up by cutting more index cards into strips with my message www.(mysite).ws 7 minute movie $ :-) on each strip and placing them into materials I returned to the public library today.  I returned 10 cds and 4 books so that's 14 potential prospects I am reaching for the cost of 3 index cards and a bit of ink.

Keep using your imagination, keep thinking, keep goal setting, and keep developing your Marketing Mentality.

With all the tools we have success is not a matter of "if" but of "when" and "how much!"

James

"Every person is self-made but only the successful are willing to admit it."
-- Michael LeBoeuf
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: