May 04, 2024, 05:38:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 144
  Print  
Author Topic: Share Your Website...Part 1!  (Read 1028620 times)
Demola Dada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1230 on: February 11, 2006, 11:26:26 AM »

Since .WS has as a core product WebSite Building, please post the link to the WebSite you have built here and any details about your Web Design experience.

Chip
posted by : demola dada

hi !
i just published my website www.clickwise.ws
as a newbie to all this i was hoping to get some advise or help in driving traffic to my site
thanks
Nicole Taylor

Welcome to Talk.ws!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1231 on: February 11, 2006, 11:50:31 AM »

Hello,

Keep in mind that when you create your Website it needs to look professional and organized. Visitors are going to come to your site and want to know they're dealing with someone who knows what they're doing. I encourage you all to check out the resources and topics discussed here in the forum regarding Website design/SEO and do your own research on the Web.

This is your home on the Web! Nobody likes a messy house! Take some time to learn and make your presence nice.

Nicole

I make a good income right from home while I am drinking Starbucks and eating my cinnamon crumb cake.
GRice

View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: February 11, 2006, 03:32:42 PM »

I have almost finished my website and I was wondering what you guys thought of it, I am relativey new to GDI so any suggestions would be great
http://www.rhice.ws
Roxanne G

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1233 on: February 11, 2006, 04:33:23 PM »

posted by : demola dada

hi !
i just published my website www.clickwise.ws
as a newbie to all this i was hoping to get some advise or help in driving traffic to my site
thanks

OK.  To make a link clickable use this code

<a hre="http://www.whateveryoursiteis.com">Whatever you want the link to say</a>

Make sure you don't forget the http://

You need to have line breaks.  It looks like one BIG run on sentence.  No one will ever actually read it.  Break it up a bit.  Put your products in a list or something like that. 

Give your pages names instead of page 1, page 2, etc.. 

You're off to a good start. 
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 04:34:54 PM by Roxanne G » Logged

Have a great day, after all, today is the first day of the rest of your life!!

Roxanne
Roxanne G

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1234 on: February 11, 2006, 04:36:15 PM »

I have almost finished my website and I was wondering what you guys thought of it, I am relativey new to GDI so any suggestions would be great
http://www.rhice.ws

Some prospects may wonder "Why pay $10/mo to redirect to a .com website?"

The .com site look good though.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 04:38:28 PM by Roxanne G » Logged

Roxanne
P Moore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1235 on: February 11, 2006, 05:13:35 PM »

Hey, check out my new .ws site.  Tell me what you think.  www.cheapfuel.ws 
Bob Bradshaw

View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: February 11, 2006, 05:24:20 PM »

Try again!!! 

I decided to use my webspace to develop a place to display my artwork and
hopefully an on-line shop.  I do have a link to .ws Hosting.

Already listed in Google!  Less than a week from upload!  Search for Jurassic Coast Art
and I'm there on the 1st page.  Let me know what you think of it so far?

http://www.JurassicCoast.ws

Bob Bradshaw
PaulFisher

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1237 on: February 11, 2006, 06:10:17 PM »

Hi Demola,

Traffic Exchanges are a great way to get traffic to you website.

The key concept behind Traffic Exchanges is “I will look at your offer, IF you look at my offer”. This is an excellent way to get your offer viewed by many. To do this successfully, you need to surf for hours a week. Some exchanges allow you to buy credits. This can be effective, once you know your offers appeal. Do not EVER just throw money into advertising. Improve your skill level, first, and then decide.

Most every Traffic Exchange has a normal and an upgrade version. Always join as a normal member, and then decide if you like the Exchange enough to upgrade. Most exchanges also require a minimum number of surfs to activate your account. When you join an exchange assume you need to surf 45 minutes in the first day or two, to insure you are active. Look for (and meet) “activation requirements”.

Immediately upon joining a new Traffic Exchange, look for how you get your web site listed. It may not be obvious. It is crucial. It is the reason you are doing this! It is ok to store credits. Most Exchanges allow you to pause your marketing, when you choose. Use it. If you are not going to be able to follow up on a sale, due to life, then pause your marketing. You may keep surfing, or building credits. Then re-activate your marketing when you are ready.

Just do a Google Search for Traffic Exchanges.

Remember new Exchanges start weekly, and some close weekly. Always ask your sponsor what they use. Then ask your upline. If you are serious about making money, they will treat you like a partner.

Have a plan and work your plan daily. By surfing at least 30 to 45 minutes a day, within 30 days you could build up to 3000 to 4500 clicks to your site depending on the exchange you’re using. Do this monthly and it can really add up!

I do not recommend Auto Surf programs. They can work very well, for awhile. However, they bypass the essential concept of Traffic Exchanges. I believe in fairness. I do not believe in taking advantage of technology to beat the “I will look at yours, if you look at mine” concept.

Paul Fisher

"Don't join an easy crowd; you won't grow. Go where the expectations and the demands to perform are high." -- Jim Rohn
Roxanne G

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1238 on: February 12, 2006, 10:05:44 AM »

Try again!!! 

I decided to use my webspace to develop a place to display my artwork and
hopefully an on-line shop.  I do have a link to .ws Hosting.

Already listed in Google!  Less than a week from upload!  Search for Jurassic Coast Art
and I'm there on the 1st page.  Let me know what you think of it so far?

http://www.JurassicCoast.ws

Bob Bradshaw

Awesome work!!!  You're an excellent artist.  The only thing I would change is the color on the links page.  Orange on blue is hard to see.  Other than that, it's great.  I like that you can click on the thumbnails and bring up the larger version.  A lot of sites forget about that.  Nice detail. 

Roxanne
Matthew_Martin

View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: February 12, 2006, 09:16:41 PM »

Hello everyone. Here is my site...Its not much. Just a generic home based busines movie that redirects to one of GDI's lead capture form templates. I hope to have a site up with content by next week end.

http://www.successedge.ws
Roxanne G

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1240 on: February 13, 2006, 06:34:21 AM »

Hello everyone. Here is my site...Its not much. Just a generic home based busines movie that redirects to one of GDI's lead capture form templates. I hope to have a site up with content by next week end.

I like it.  The movie loaded right up (but I am on DSL).  It caught my attention even without my speakers turned on. 

But, in the middle it just stalled.  Left me disappointed that I couldn't see more.  It didn't go anywhere or tell me how to get anywhere.  Maybe add a link at the bottom of the movie screen saying something like "If you are unable to view the video above, click here" and link it to your GDI lead capture page.  That way people aren't disappointed when their interest is piqued.  They have somewhere to go for more information.

Roxanne
Katie V

Dream BIG!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1241 on: February 13, 2006, 08:12:53 AM »

I really liked it! Professional and catchy...you must've fixed the stall because it went all the way through to your capture page when I viewe it. I'll be watching for your updated site!

Katie

"What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal."     --Albert Pine
Glenn C

View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: February 14, 2006, 03:16:55 AM »

OK gang - I am waaay confused here.  Having a difficult time getting around the various GDI.ws "places".  At the moment, I'd really like to start "building" my site.

Where do I begin???

THX in advance,
Glenn ... Huh Shocked
Marshall Utterback

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1243 on: February 14, 2006, 09:48:25 AM »

Hi Glenn,

If you're confused, you could try going to RodB's site @ www.gdi-made-easy.ws .

He did a fantastic job of explaining just about everything you'd like to know about the GDI Site.

Also, don't forget to check out "Website Development" on the "Forum" Home Page.

Regards,

Marshall

Tatjana Prelog

Love, friendship and honesty are treasures!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1244 on: February 14, 2006, 10:11:43 PM »

Greetings,

I finally made it and did it with no help.  I created my very first site that I FTP'd successfully.  I really feared working with FTP, which is why it took me so long to design a site outside of GDI's template system; now, I am asking myself, why was I so afraid.  I have used GDI's and other template systems; but, I started having old desires that I wanted to create my own design.  Well, with trial and errors, here it is at last!

I can honestly say that GDI is my first experience with creating a site from scratch along with using FTP for the first time as well.  I now have more confidence in my ability to work on creating a website and using FTP!  Also, pushiing myself to step outside of the box of being afraid of doing this, has opened up new desires of interest for me.

My site is whyjoin.ws.

Thanks for viewing my site!

Pat

Hello Pat!

Well, people being afraid of something (in this case doing website on their own) is the major cause which prevents one to do something. I've realized more than one time especially here by GDI that people are too afraid of doing a webpage even with the GDI templates what even on their own. Majority is afraid of what the other people might say. But listen - no one will do anything but say his (or her) own opinion and that's it. And different opinions are always welcome (at least by me) SO DON'T BE AFRAID. THESE THINGS HERE DON'T BITE!!!

Your site is really cute, but I don't know why I'm seing the text on some parts is covered with pictures or the oposite. Maybe it's the resolution of my screen, I don't know, but that's how it is.

Otherwise you did great job. Continue that way!

Tatjana
(sonček)
 Smiley

Have a better day than I ever had!!! Charish the life, true friendship, love and honesty!!

Tatjana
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 144
  Print  

Jump to: