May 01, 2024, 09:32:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Success is ALL in the follow-up...  (Read 60125 times)
Amy Derby

i am a work in progress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2005, 11:01:20 AM »

FYI to all reading & participating in this thread:

After receiving a flaming email from someone masking himself as a concerned citizen, I've done some research, and the email bill I quote in my disclaimer is not actually accurate. 

The latest can-spam information can be read at the FTC website here: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buspubs/canspam.htm  The new can-spam act that took affect 2004 has the basic same provisions.

The email bill I quoted in the above disclaimer posted previously never was passed.  (Good lesson for me to do my own research and not rely on one misleading article passed along to me, even if it was by a lawyer.)  If you're curious, go here: http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d105:SN01618:@@@L&summ2=m&

I'd also like to mention that, contrary to my flame mailer's belief, my post here was not intended to condone actual spamming, and the disclaimer wasn't offered to give anyone "immunity" legally from spamming.  You can add any words to the bottom of an email, but still be breaking the law, just as you can misquote the law and still be in compliance of the law.  I'd never tell anyone to risk something that could lose them their business, and I hope you all know that.  Smiley

~Amy~

"Imagine Being More Afraid of Freedom Than Slavery." ~Pamela Sneed~
CristinM

WE are the DOT COM COMPETITION.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2005, 09:30:10 PM »

Have any of you ever purchsed a mailing list for USPS distribution? Where do you look for deals? How do you know who's legit? What GDI rules apply? What other suggestions do you have on this topic?

Cristin Mackey
Kyra Tuey

Don't just be in it for now, be in it for LIFE!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2005, 01:22:34 PM »

Thanks for that update Amy!

It's really appreciated! & hey.....we all make mistakes every now and then...so don't beat yourself up about your disclaimer!  Smiley
I'm sure we can all understand!

Take care,
Kyra

Thanks,
Kyra
Laura Rova

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2005, 02:44:29 PM »

Okay then!

I snagged these too!  Thanks bunches Chip!

Gosh I love this forum.....I can I not be successful? 

"The sum of wisdom is that time is never lost that is devoted to work." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

All Good Things!
Laura Lee
gdi
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2005, 04:32:39 PM »

You are welcome, Laura!

The Forum is loaded with incredible ideas from hundreds of Members.

All, just a matter of implementing what works best to reach individual/TEAM goals.

Chip
Deborah H

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2005, 07:22:28 PM »

Thanks Chip!
You have posted some interesting email scripts here.
Different than any I have seen so far too.
 Smiley
Deborah H
Deborah H

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2005, 10:14:35 AM »

For sure I understand. Mistakes happen. I'd like to know why this person felt the need to flame you for it though. That's just wrong. Sorry that happened to you. You have made many very good posts on the forum. I hope you continue to post as I always look forward to your ideas.
So try to forget about it.  Smiley
Deborah H
Diane Ewert

It's Just Me

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2005, 02:03:21 PM »

Thanks Chip,

Just what I needed at this point.

Diane
PavanKumar

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2005, 09:53:43 AM »

Hello Ammy,

I am new to GDI and i have collected few leads from various sources. Please let me know in simple terms what disclaimer do i include in my emails invitation which will help me counter spam policy.

cheers
Pavan

HowardMartell

"Repetition is the mother of all Skills"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2005, 11:09:31 PM »

Direct mail works people I personnelly send all who have looked at GDI a letter as followup.

This shows me if they open it and go to the site to see what we have to offer maybe this can be more convincing.

To date already have 5 good members thru this method of offline marketing.

ChrisS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2005, 10:21:10 AM »

Hi Chip

Just want to thank you for the emails.  I am looking at using them on my Inactive accounts and hopefully turn them around!

Regards

Chris
James_Hagarty

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2005, 03:21:53 AM »

Great stuff Chip. 

Question -
What kind of follow up do you recommend for prospects who have read my email but not watched the movie?

Thanks for your help!

James

"Every person is self-made but only the successful are willing to admit it."
-- Michael LeBoeuf
gdi
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2005, 03:23:57 AM »

Quick phone call to address any Qs and encourage them
to watch the movie and take the Free Trial.

If no phone number, follow-up with a 'personal touch' email.

Chip
KathyMcClellan

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2005, 12:53:38 PM »

Thanks for sharing your series.  It's beautifully done.

I understand that once a lead has watched the movie, they're automatically removed from the Auto Responder.

Do you recommend another Bulk Mailer account to follow up with Them (or some other)?

Thanks.

Kathy

Love your life...completely.

We're all in this Together.

Kathy McClellan
James_Hagarty

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2005, 03:39:15 AM »

Also this may sound like a silly question but for those prospects who have watched the movie do you recommend sending *all* of those follow up emails? If so what time frame do you think works best?

I am sending the Yes,no,maybe emails as soon as I see they have watched the movie.
How long is enough time to allow them to respond before I should send them a second follow up email and then a third etc?

Thanks again for all your help!

James

"Every person is self-made but only the successful are willing to admit it."
-- Michael LeBoeuf
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: