May 05, 2024, 09:44:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: Hosting/Disk Storage Questions  (Read 147058 times)
FrankieM

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 17, 2007, 08:24:33 PM »

I have spent days tring to find an answer at many places in the forum. I want to change my domain name. (I know I can not change my username.) Can I do this and how? and I just want to use the http://www.simplegdi.ws/index.php?page=cpt1&id page for it. I really need to help ASAP Thank You
P De Thierrry

Never Quit! Keep Building!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: May 18, 2007, 05:05:16 AM »

I tried changing mine and contacted .WS support about it, they told me it was to late to change my domain name unless I deleted my account and re-registered in 14 days time, but the problem with that was I would of lost my whole downline in the process, so it was to late for me, but still it was the business which attracted my downline not my name, so now I tell newly interested one's to choose their domain name wisely because it cannot be changed later.

And another issue you may have on the domain name you wanted to change it to, check it up to see if it is available, it maybe gone already.

Regards.

Patrick

Patrick De Thierry
Auckland, New Zealand

For your free autoresponder for your webpage, just private message.

"Extra ordinary people do daily what ordinary people do occasionally"
mack88
« Reply #122 on: May 18, 2007, 05:47:56 AM »

I tried changing mine and contacted .WS support about it, they told me it was to late to change my domain name unless I deleted my account and re-registered in 14 days time, but the problem with that was I would of lost my whole downline in the process, so it was to late for me, but still it was the business which attracted my downline not my name, so now I tell newly interested one's to choose their domain name wisely because it cannot be changed later.

And another issue you may have on the domain name you wanted to change it to, check it up to see if it is available, it maybe gone already.

Regards.

Patrick

This has become a recurring question.  The correct answer is:

No, you cannot change your domain name once you purchase it.  However, you can purchase a new domain name from your member's area (same account, no need to delete your account), cancel the domain name you do not want using the "CONTACT SUPPORT" feature which is also located in your member's area. 

Some things to keep in mind:

You will not receive a refund.  The domain name will be released back to the GDI domain pool on your monthly anniversary date (which is the date you purchased the domain name, not neccessarily the date you joined GDI).  For example, if you joined GDI today or purchased a new domain name today, May 18th.  Then June 18th, July 18th (and so on) are your monthly anniversary dates.   Remember, every domain name that you purchase will cost you $10 USD/month.  You can have as many as your want or just one.  Your choice.  Hope this helps and that it all makes sense to you!

SharonR

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 02, 2007, 02:18:11 PM »

Hello everyone.. newbie here!  I'm already having problems. I'm having problems with the web hosting. Whenever I go to access the site I get the search forum instead of the website itself. I thought I had done everything correctly as far as the ftp directions go, but evidently I must be doing something wrong. I eventually want to build my own site, but for now this will have to do. Is there anyone out there who might be able to tell me what I'm doing wrong and how to fix this problem?
THX,
Sharrin
P De Thierrry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: June 02, 2007, 02:36:23 PM »

Hi Sharrin

I don't really know much about FTP but you may find some answers here about it

http://www.gdi-made-easy.ws/index.html

Hope it helps.

Patrick.

Hello everyone.. newbie here!  I'm already having problems. I'm having problems with the web hosting. Whenever I go to access the site I get the search forum instead of the website itself. I thought I had done everything correctly as far as the ftp directions go, but evidently I must be doing something wrong. I eventually want to build my own site, but for now this will have to do. Is there anyone out there who might be able to tell me what I'm doing wrong and how to fix this problem?
THX,
Sharrin

Patrick De Thierry
Auckland, New Zealand

Nelson Agutaya

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 18, 2007, 03:07:17 AM »

Hello everyone,

I'm Nelson from Philippines. A newbie in this business. Its nice to know that there is this forum for those engaged in this business. Its a source of valuable infos.

I have a problem though, I just learned that the domain name I chose was also chosen by somebody else in the .com main domain. Will there be a problem since mine is in the .ws main domain? Anyone, pls advise...... Huh Thanks in advance. Cheesy
DPro

Internet Marketer & Search Expert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: June 18, 2007, 04:16:12 AM »

Hi Nelson,

There is no problem. When people type your domain name with .ws, they will go to your site.
That's why is good to register with .ws because it's still not yet crowded and you can easily get a domain name of your choice.

Want to install a blog for your GDI domain name?
Send me a private message to get help
LMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 19, 2007, 05:45:39 PM »

Am I advertising having and owning my own domain name. This really does not make sense 2 me. Can someone explain how this business works and how do you earn money. Cheesy  Roll Eyes  Embarrassed
P De Thierrry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: June 29, 2007, 03:43:39 PM »

I want to place music on my website, but it just seems we don't have the MB compacity to hold and play that much music, I really think we need more MB storage so we can offer visitors to our website the chance to at least enjoy their visit and to also see that the GDI product offers more or even matches other hosting places, I see a lot of other hosting places offer a lot more MB storage and for free even, so I would like to think that we as direct sellers of domain names and websites should also be provided with the MB storage to go along with it.

Patrick De Thierry
Auckland, New Zealand

Adesegun Danmola

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 05, 2007, 02:34:59 AM »

HI guy's
              My name is Adesegun Danmola am a new member please can somebody tell me how to log on to the sitebulders i have been looking for the area to click from my control panel please help me secoundly GDI is a great biz opportunity but the problem is thier payment system its realy affecting my network i register 3days ago i i have found 15 people to sign up but the payment system is the problem
thanks dmagz
Jason Loftin

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 06, 2007, 02:38:09 PM »

Hello everyone!

Can someone tell me if the capture pages (the addresses that you can advertise with) are on some sort of rotator?  I have one of them forwarded to a pre-existing domain name of mine and I found out when I hit the 'refresh' button that different versions of the GDI capture page will load??  That's fine if that's how it works, but I was planning on promoting different capture pages in different advertising venues.  Can anyone shed some light on this? 

Thanks!

Jason Loftin
STracy

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 10, 2007, 08:31:36 AM »

Hello all,my name is Shaun and I was wondering if just having a simple domain name;IE: www.yourname.ws was sufficient enough to draw traffic to it if you have the right trafficking methods to use.I wasn't sure if perhaps having a site such as www.the greastestbusinessever.ws would help or not.(Of course note that I only used the previous .ws name as an example for my question.)Thanks a lot!
Nicole Taylor

Welcome to Talk.ws!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: July 10, 2007, 12:13:16 PM »

Hello Shaun,

Personally, I think it's best to have a domain name that's relevant to the product or service your Website will provide.

Having a particular keyword phrase in your domain name will help with search engine optimization.

Nicole

I make a good income right from home while I am drinking Starbucks and eating my cinnamon crumb cake.
Gina_Lane

MAY GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 11, 2007, 11:11:57 AM »

HEY NICOLE,
     IS THERE ANY WAY YOU CAN CHECK MY DOMAIN AND STUFF....I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF IT'S WORKING........HOW WILL I KNOW?HuhHuh??
Nicole Taylor

Welcome to Talk.ws!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: July 11, 2007, 11:18:04 AM »

Hello Gina,

Type your domain in your browser and you will see if it's working or not.

Nicole

I make a good income right from home while I am drinking Starbucks and eating my cinnamon crumb cake.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16
  Print  

Jump to: