May 05, 2024, 11:08:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Why .WS/GDI?  (Read 113686 times)
KimB

We are here smiling with GDI!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2005, 06:32:52 PM »

Good job Nicole!!! I have personally looked into a lot of different hosting companies before I got involved with GDI. and you are right, there are cheaper ones out there. But, i can tell you from personal experience, that nothing comes close to GDI, because of the reasons Nicole stated........... AND MORE!!!

This is what you can tell your prospects, if they don't understand this, then they are the ones missing out!!!

Rick and Kim

Teamwork is the key! Let's everybody work as a team!
Kyra Tuey

Don't just be in it for now, be in it for LIFE!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2005, 08:39:22 PM »

Exactly! The reason for GDI isn't just to offer domain hosting for people....but to offer them a way to profit from them. Sure, you can be involved in many different affilate programs where you post a banner and they will offer you part of a sale, but that's not *residual* income. That's what's so great about GDI....the opportunity to make a real, residual income! That's what it's all about.  Grin

Kyra

Thanks,
Kyra
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2005, 12:15:29 PM »

Its a question of you get what you pay for. There is nowhere you can get the added value if you work the system.
gdi
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2005, 01:57:54 PM »

Very poignant and accurate replies.

www.talk.ws has it all! Also, a great
link for Prospects to review.

Chip
Stephanie Remers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2005, 08:05:04 PM »

Hi Michael,

I have had my own domain for over 8 years now (Yes, I currently own 2 .com's).
The first one I paid $30 a year for just the name, then an additional $20 or so per
month for hosting. None of the domains I have ever purchased have come with
a Website Builder - ONLY GDI. That is how I learned html, because I HAD to! I also
needed to know how to use an FTP client.

Both of my .com domains require that I build my site in another manner, then use FTP.
Neither of them allows me to earn a residual income like GDI. Average people like us
do not know these methods.

Let your prospects know GDI actually gives you MANY websites - one to build and use
in any way you choose, and others to use for business promotion. Look at all the members
of GDI who are having fun building their first websites, while sharing the same with others
and making a few bucks by doing so. Talk about Win-Win!

BTW - my 2 .com's both have a page for GDI on them Wink

In Success,
Stephanie

If you think you can, you can. If you think
you can't, you're right.  ~Henry Ford
Amy Derby

i am a work in progress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2005, 05:49:27 AM »

None of the domains I have ever purchased have come with
a Website Builder - ONLY GDI. That is how I learned html, because I HAD to! I also
needed to know how to use an FTP client.

Both of my .com domains require that I build my site in another manner, then use FTP.

Stephanie, yes, I'm completely with you there!!  The salvation of sitebuilder for people like me:  I don't have the time or patience to learn CSS and FTP.  Basic HTML was enough to drive me off a bridge (and I don't even know how to drive).  Grin

For prospects who aren't interested in the opportunity, my argument is what Stephanie says.

This is why so many people will pay people hundreds or thousands of dollars to build a site FOR THEM.  Convince those people that they can do their own and save the money, and you've made a sale.  Believe me, I'm doing it!

*Add in the cost you're going to pay for your FTP software.

*The time it's going to cost you to learn to build the site yourself (or cost to have someone do it for you).

*Add the cost of hosting, in most cases.  (Even "free hosting" is usually bombarded with ads, which to me, makes it "annoying and unprofessional", not "free".)

*ten email accounts (many only come with one -- mine does)

The only argument I've had against me so far has been the "genericness" of sitebuilder.... and now that THAT HAS IMPROVED, I'm out of objections.

~Amy~

"Imagine Being More Afraid of Freedom Than Slavery." ~Pamela Sneed~
Rodney Harper

Never give up!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2005, 02:44:39 PM »

bravo!

Persaverence, dedication and visualization=Success
Rod
BKeppel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2005, 08:31:51 PM »

I saw an ad from Yahoo some time ago. About the same price and the services barely beat those from GDI.

And without the income opportunity...

Some people might say 100 MB is little nowadays, but who needs 10GB of hosting (I'm speaking of cheap bulk hosting services...

It's like the cell phone companies selling you so many extra minutes that you can't use...

How about 25 hours a day plan? Ha!

I have large image galleries on my space, and 100 MB is plenty!

And I do webdesign's professionally - a private site over 40 MB is already a bit too big...

[I'm commenting on the space, because at first I thought, that's way too little.]

Oh, and another thing - the hosting servers seem top of the line:

Ultra Fast Dual 3.6 GHz CPU Pentium 4 Servers
   Fully managed 24/7 site monitoring
   1 GIGAbit, multi-homed tier-1 carriers

Third - most lastname domain names are already taken... .WS might be a last chance and it definately beats all other extensions (.com, .net, etc).

Actually the .WS is the biggest plus on the whole thing. Web Site...

my 2 cents...

StevenBlake

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2005, 10:15:52 PM »

My wife had been looking into building a website as a tribute to her mother who has Alzheimers.  She currently has a free web site with another company but it has a name that has too many characters in it.   

GDI has given us the opportunity to start building this website and have an easy name to refer people to.

Thanks GDI for giving us the opportunity to help bring all those who need to come together to be able to get the help they need about Alzheimers in one place. Many who write now say they feel so alone on this journey and this website will give us the opportunity to bring people together to share how to help the Alzheimer patients and the families.

In giving to others via the other website that has a long name, we can now direct the traffice and they will be exposed to the opportunity that GDI offers for them to start  working from home (GDI opportunity) now so that when the time comes they need to stay home or more money to help their loved ones it will be there for them.

Another way people can help bring traffic to their website is by giving or doing something for others using your gifts such as creating a website where people can get help or learn Spanish or another language, archery, gardening, cooking, guitar lessons, wood working, computer skills, mommy skills, etc.. ... whatever your skill is, it can be shared on the website you build and when you get into the chat sites ...refer them to your website where they can learn more about that particular skill or hobby.   It is then they can see your opportunity and you can ask them if they want a website like yours to just contact you or click on the link...

Hope this helps others.  I am going to be sharing the Alzheimers and Spanish website with others and direct the traffic to my site ...very affordable way of indirectly advertising while helping others.

GDI, thanks for this awesome opportunity to help others. My mother in law was always a person to help others and this is one more way for her to continue to do so by helping whoever reads this message  come up with an idea on how to give to others using your skills and indirectly advertise your .ws opportunity by placing your .ws opportunity link on it.

Also you may want to give the "gift" of a .ws website to a loved one for Christmas, their birthday, graduation,to a new business instead of a plant or flowers, etc. 

Steven
« Last Edit: August 28, 2005, 10:17:41 PM by Nicole Taylor » Logged
Charles St-Louis

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2005, 01:53:55 PM »

Hi I joined GDI because I have been looking for a home based business for a long time and when I read about GDI, I was impress and I am proud to work to develop a system like this one.  Now, I hope that I will make great amount of money!  I want to make money with the internet.

Thank you!

Charles St-Louis
MariaChandler

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2005, 06:00:05 AM »

Hi new member here
good question the why? interesting to hear others reasons. I too have looked and tried other things. This is the first that I felt enough people could be interested in. I needed a web domain and the business side is a bonus, although I hope with some marketing I will get a team below me too.
MThompson

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2005, 12:08:07 PM »

Share your reason(s) for joining~!

Chip
Grin I looked for opportunities all over the net, and GDI was the only opportunity that has all the tools to operate flawlessly.
The ball is in the member's hands and it's up to the member to create a positive growth.  I really like the support from upline and the movie presentation.
StefaniPadilla

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2005, 01:25:58 PM »

Well, I've been trying to work from home for about 10 years, and I've tried everything!  Well, I have to be a failure - so I am determined to keep trying until I am just outrageously wealthy!! Anyway, the things I like best about GDI - you get all the info online (i.e. no phone calls unless I want to - and thanks to Tim? in his training call for telling me NOT to call! what a relief!!) Low montlhy fee, and you get a decent doomain name with your business not a "www.homebusinesswhatever/cgi-longlong list of words and stuff that noone can remember" website! And so far, I'm not doing too bad - I got 1 signup during my trial period, and am hoping to get a least one a week.
LorrenRogers

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2005, 06:09:14 PM »

I have always wanted a successful business I could run from home. Since high school I have known this is what I wanted to do with my life. I have talked myself our of many differant opportunities for various reasons. I was impressed with the movie presentation and the fact that GDI doesn't require large start-up fee's with no promise of success. The product being offered makes sense, although I am still learning how to effectively market it. I see an awsome opportunity here and look forward to the road to success which lies ahead.
Michael Geter

Why promote anything else?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2005, 02:10:41 PM »

From the paypal letters and on up, I started out in network marketing probably like the rest of you - looking for the pot of gold that was going to set it all straight.  I haven't lost as much money as some while searching but that's only because I was lucky enough to come upon the GDI opportunity just prior to its being a year old.  I instantly wanted to join GDI because not only had I wanted a webesite of my own for sometime, but also - I knew that OTHER people probably felt the same way that I did and the cost was just NOT TO BE BEAT!!!
GDI is offering everything they do at the price of 2 or 3 Meal Deals at your favorite fast food joint but offering a WHOLE lot more back in return.  The opportunity to leverage your time and efforts and get paid what you're really worth!  What WE'RE really worth!
That's why I joined GDI and will stick it out for the long haul.

Use your site packages people!  Hosting or the Builder!  It's Great!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: