May 08, 2024, 11:48:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Password protection  (Read 2792 times)
Lewis White

View Profile
« on: January 24, 2011, 11:26:59 AM »

I wish to hide some details on my site,
Can our web pages be password protected?

Regards
Lewis

www.lewiswhite.ws

VParker

Vincent R Parker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 07:06:37 PM »

Hi Lewis,

I am not 100% sure, but I have never come across a way to password protect a site using the GDI site builder.  Of course, I have never tried but my gut is saying no.

However, here is something you could do.

Create a WordPress blog as a subdomain to your site.  So you could have www.members.lewiswhite.ws or something similar.

Then, do a search for WP plugins that will password protect your WordPress site.  There are many out there, but I cannot suggest any as I have not personally used any.  A quick search revealed a few that received a 5 star rating.

Then, on your site builder site create a link to "Members" or whatever, that points to your subdomain.  When someone clicks that, they will need a password to continue further.

Let us know how it works for you or if you find another way.  Smiley

Vincent Parker

Vincent R. Parker
Nav M.

Believe in yourself when nobody else will...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 08:48:44 AM »

Hey there

I'm not really sure about the sitebuilder too.

BUT, if your using basic hosting (you use your own program to create your website and then upload through FTP) you may be able to create a .htaccess file which will allow you to password protect certain areas of your site (including webpages and folders).

I'm not sure if this is possible with GDI's servers as I've never tried it before. If you want more info, let me know mate.

Nav

Global Domains International - My-WS

A NEW GDI REPLICATED SITE IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR ALL GDI AFFILIATES Email For Business Lead Capture Page

Global Domains International
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: