May 03, 2024, 11:38:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22
  Print  
Author Topic: can someone help me with this  (Read 173597 times)
M_Yue

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 21, 2008, 08:43:28 PM »

Hi everyone,

I see a lot of people in this thread are asking for help in growing their GDI business.  First of all, you must understand that in order for any business to grow, you must give it time.  I tell my downline members to give their GDI business a year.  Commit to your GDI for a year, and you will  really see the results not only from your efforts, but from the efforts of your downline members through 5 levels.

Not everyone is going to get their 5 to 10 members or whatever at the same time.  I like to tell my downline members to try to set a goal of 5 members, 'cause when everyone gets their 5, each person will receive $3,905 per month, but it's going to take time and patience and a bit of promotion effort.  Time and patience does not cost anything, and there is always free advertising. 

I have been using free advertising for awhile, and this is how I have been able to grow my downline.  Free advertising does work, but if you wish to make your GDI business a little more automated and you can afford to spend on some advertising, then I would recommend some paid advertising, along with free advertising.

It's like running a lemonade stand.  You have to buy the lemons in order to make the lemonade and sell it.  In this example, to make your lemonade business grow, you must first buy something, and in this case it's the lemons. 

I'm not saying you have to spend on paid advertising, but I find it will help grow my GDI business a bit faster.  Also, I find that using a GDI downline builder also helps.  I am not promoting only GDI generic sites, I have a few downlline builders that I have used, but I am currently focussing on 2 at the moment.
Paul Burnette

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 23, 2008, 02:51:58 AM »

Everytime I get a signup, it's asking me if I want to move them below another downline member? I tried to read it thoroughly and understand WHY, but I only seem to get "motivate your downline" as the answer....

Can someone quickly explain that for me? Thanks
M_Yue

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 26, 2008, 05:27:59 AM »

Everytime I get a signup, it's asking me if I want to move them below another downline member? I tried to read it thoroughly and understand WHY, but I only seem to get "motivate your downline" as the answer....

Can someone quickly explain that for me? Thanks

I can help you with that.  Cheesy

Every time you have a new signup, their status with GDI is trial, and during their 7-day free trial, you as their sponsor, can choose to move any of your new signups to another member to help motivate and build that member's GDI business.  It's like an incentive, but of course you would be credited with the commission, once your new signup becomes active by purchasing the $10 monthly GDI subsciption. 

Keep it mind that you can move any of your new signups only during the trial period, and only once. 

You can find out more about this when you login to your GDI account.  Go to the left and click " Downline", and then click "Move downline members".

Hope this helps you!  Wink Grin
Gordon Milton

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 31, 2008, 09:26:32 AM »

Moving people under others can act as an incentive, but it can
also make people lazy. So be careful.

Gordon
M_Yue

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 01, 2008, 04:03:35 AM »

Moving people under others can act as an incentive, but it can
also make people lazy. So be careful.

Gordon

Yes, I agree with you 100%, don't be too generous, or it can work against you...our job is to teach!!  Wink
EricaL

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 02, 2008, 09:07:08 AM »

When I originally signed up for GDI, it was through the promotion of Spider Web Marketing.  I set up my website based on that and they guided me through the whole process.  But I am also seriously involved in Freebie Trading and would much rather have this website to promote myself in freebie trading.  Can I change my website from what I currently have to what I really want which is freebie trading?  Or do I have to sign up for another site to do that?
Edward_L

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 02, 2008, 02:59:09 PM »

When I originally signed up for GDI, it was through the promotion of Spider Web Marketing.  I set up my website based on that and they guided me through the whole process.  But I am also seriously involved in Freebie Trading and would much rather have this website to promote myself in freebie trading.  Can I change my website from what I currently have to what I really want which is freebie trading?  Or do I have to sign up for another site to do that?

Yes you can. There are a lot of sites hosted through GDI that are used for other purposes. A few of my downline members have their sites set up for other businesses or purposes.

Ed
DPro

Internet Marketer & Search Expert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: August 07, 2008, 11:06:51 AM »

Yes, you can get some ideas here too
http://www.buildawebsite.ws/index.html

Want to install a blog for your GDI domain name?
Send me a private message to get help
Barry Ramlow

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 07, 2008, 03:03:40 PM »

I have the code to put the movie on my website BUT I don't want the movie to "autoplay". How do I change the settings to NOT have the movie start automatically but instead by the user clicking on it to start it? I have tried changing the "Play" to False but that doesn't work.

<center>
<object width="370" height="360" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" name="testimonials_video" id="dvd_video" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0">
<param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF">
<param name="movie" value="http://images.dvd.ws/video/preloader_dvd.swf?sponsor=USERID&tm=1193135512&cookie_id=81288052498042632622478673923174063452&host=images.dvd.ws&language=english">
<param name="loop" value="false">
<param name="quality" value="high">
<param name="play" value="TRUE">
<param name="menu" value="TRUE">
<embed width="370" height="360" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" src="http://images.dvd.ws/video/preloader_dvd.swf?sponsor=USERID&tm=1193135512&cookie_id=81288052498042632622478673923174063452&host=images.dvd.ws&language=english" name="dvd_video" id="testimonials_video" play="TRUE" menu="TRUE" quality="high" loop="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed>
</object>

Barry Ramlow
Scott Bain

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 11, 2008, 05:35:02 AM »

Hi my name is Scott im trying to build my web site and im not sure what to put for a site name what is the best thing to put for that i dont understand muck bout making a web site?
DPro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: August 15, 2008, 08:02:21 PM »

Hi my name is Scott im trying to build my web site and im not sure what to put for a site name what is the best thing to put for that i dont understand muck bout making a web site?

Hi Scott,

Your site name is simply the the title of your webpage.
What is the main topic that you want to write about?
For example if you want to post photos and write about your family on the website, you may fill in the site name as "Scott's Family Website"
or "All About Scott's Family"

Hope this helps.

LoganW

It's All Just Baby Steps...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: August 17, 2008, 06:06:09 AM »

IF you want some ideas on how to design your webpage, check out other members .ws websites. If you like, I can make a logo for you when you figure out what you want to do with your website?

If you need any help marketing your site, please PM me and I can share with you what has worked for me over the years.

Good Luck!

Logan Wandell
Wills Point, TX

The first step to success is building on a budget, whether its your time or financially. If YOU *FAIL* to plan, YOU *PLAN* to fail!
K Packwood

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 17, 2008, 06:06:09 AM »

Could you tell me how you created splash pages?  I have another website I can direct my traffic from, do you think this will help?

Thanks for your help!

Ken

You can create simple splash page and generate leads on your own.
That's what I do.
I generated 155 leads in 3 weeks using only 2 traffic exchange programs.
Of those 155 leads I got two GDI affiliates.
This works.

Regards,
Sanjinka
DPro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: August 17, 2008, 07:00:07 AM »

Could you tell me how you created splash pages?  I have another website I can direct my traffic from, do you think this will help?

Thanks for your help!

Ken

I use a traffic exchange downline building program which offers free splash pages that I can use immediately to promote my GDI business.
There are also some splash page creation software that can help you with that, however you would need to use hosting option
and upload the pages onto the server. The benefit is you can customise it to promote any programs you want.
Let me know if you are interested in the software, I can send you a copy.

Anita Moon

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 23, 2008, 04:23:00 PM »

Hi all you great people!
I am just coming to the end of my free 7 day trial and I'm hooked. However I have a question..... I have a MySpace page and put the banner ads on there, but when I viewed them the link doesn't work. The banner is there but nothing happens when you click it, any ideas?
btw please do not send me anything regarding any other business. I am happy with what I have & GDI.
Anita
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22
  Print  

Jump to: