May 16, 2024, 08:16:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24
  Print  
Author Topic: Ads, Flyers and Business Letters  (Read 265326 times)
Tatjana Prelog

Love, friendship and honesty are treasures!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: August 24, 2005, 11:17:13 PM »

Hello Norma! And all the others of course!

Nice and friendly mascot!

Well, for making the calendar you can use Arcsoft Photoimpression programm or you can do it a bit harder way. I've made one callendar two years ago and I've done it old fashioned way - using Excell to make the calendar tables and using word to paste the photos and make the rest. I don't recomend this option cause that's really hard work!!! The first option is much better.

The Idea is great. Since I worked with your pictures I only have one recommendation: If you have the intention to put the text on the picture, be sure that at least one part of the picture would be a bit darker or brighter possibly in one colour, that text will fit and be visible. The text can be put onto the picture in a layer which has coloured background, but this many times corrupts the picture. Transparent layer with the text on it is much better.

Tatjana

Have a better day than I ever had!!! Charish the life, true friendship, love and honesty!!

Tatjana
ShericeE

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 27, 2005, 01:05:18 PM »

Hi y'all !!!  I am very new (signed up yesterday)  Grin  I have been reading thru all these posts and love all the ideas out there!!! I plan on implementing alot of them!!  Just thought I would comment on some earlier posts (from about Aug Cool About marketing the product vs opportunity.  I know I usually turn away 99% of the "opportunites" that have come my way. As I have been burned several times and alot of them are scams.  I know alot of people out there that feel the same way.  So therefore I'm hesitant to advertise the "opportunity" but on the other hand I know people who are open to opportunities.  So therefore I will market in both ways.  The people I personally know I will market according to how I know they will take the info, otherwise to the general public I will to market both ways.  Or think of a way that doesn't quite come across as either way specifically but peaks interest.  My daughter is involved in pageants (natural not beauty) and moms are always looking for fundraisers.  So this morning I posted a msg on one of the pageants msg boards about fundraising.  I posted as a mom who found a new fundraiser.  I have posted there before so it won't come across as spam and off course the money earned (hopefully!!!) from this will go to help pay for future events she joins.  So in that respect I was trying to fill a "need" where as if I posted as an "oppprtunity" it wouldn't have gone over at all and would probly have been deleted by adims of the site.  Now I am a medical massage therapist and go regularly to a msg board that is wonderful for us thereapist!!  All positive stuff, great help for any thereapist out there.  There is no spamming or anything like that on that board.  So was thinking of a way to market on there.  Well last night I posted a msg about website help.  Said I was building a website and needed help with what to say (my ws webite is for my massage business) so hopefully I will get suggestions and then after I get the website done and published I will post "Ok website is done, check it out and let me know what you think" and either on the post and on my website there will be something about "build your own website for only $10 a month"  type of thing.  So therefore I'm not coming across as an opportunity but trying to fill a need.  

So ayway thats my 2 cents on opportunity vs produst(need)  I feel both ways have pros and cons depending on the person, and I plan on doing both. I feel this is the best "opportunity" I have come across.  I have done a few in the past, from everday Mary Kay, tupperware things to Herbal Life  (and another one similar that I can't remember the name of, lol) That were based on network marketing/mlm.  This has been the cheapest one by far and no products to by but yet I get a product I want (website) and no minimums, auto ship, trying to sell something to people that you know they might not have the money to afford, ect.  So hopefully my gut feeling on this one is right and I actually WILL make some money this time!!  
Success to everyone!! Send some good vibes my way as a newbie!!  Grin

Sorry for such a long post Embarrassed
Tatjana Prelog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: August 27, 2005, 01:48:46 PM »

Sherice!

What should I add here? Nothing. You've said everything. Like Norma said: you have the motivation, plan, you know how to advertise to be the best for you and the people around you ... Keep going this way. You'll succeede, you'll see.

And yes, I have to say something:

WELCOME!!!

Tatjana

Have a better day than I ever had!!! Charish the life, true friendship, love and honesty!!

Tatjana
ShericeE

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 28, 2005, 07:53:35 AM »

WOO HOOO  just checked my back office ( I think thats what it's called) and I have 1 person signed up!!  I sent out 10 emails this morning.  only 4 viewed and clicked and 1 signed up!!   Grin  Not bad for my first day!!  At least I don't think so, never been able to do that with any other opportunity!!

Anyway, Thank you Norma and Tatjana!!  You are all an insperation!!  Once I get my feel a little more wet hopefully I will be able to offer ideas for flyers, ads, ect.

Now back to more reading!!  Smiley
ShericeE

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 30, 2005, 08:11:37 PM »

Hi Y'all !!  While reading more of the posts here I thought maybe I would make a brochure about GDI. Some how post it here for all to use.  The posts about school starting, college students, ect thought maybe a brochure would be a good idea.  So I'm looking for info to put in the brochure.  I have my own ideas but there are more experienced people here that could say it better than me!!  So tell me what you would want it to say, give me the professional version that can actually be used. (I'm not good at wording things)  And if you have pics that I can use in the brochure let me know or give me links.  Can I use verbage right from this site? (copy & paste)   Let me know what you think and your ideas!!!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 08:12:14 PM by Nicole Taylor » Logged
Francis_G

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 02, 2005, 10:58:59 AM »

Hi ShericeE,

I made a brochure for GDI.  Actually, it's more like a combination of the flyer and business card but looks great. I also added some personal touches to entice people to sign up.

It's in Microsoft Word format and is ready for you to print!  It can be printed on a 11" x 8 1/2" bond paper and folded into a brochure.  You can edit the wordings if you like, anyway they are in document format.

If you would like to see it, send me a PM.

Warmest regards,

Francis_G
« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 10:59:21 AM by Nicole Taylor » Logged
HProud

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 03, 2005, 11:59:21 AM »

Could someone please tell me how I might change a 1 sided A4 flyer to fit a 2 sided A5 flyer as I have some spare A5 paper  I could use?
Thanks.
Tatjana Prelog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: September 03, 2005, 01:38:36 PM »

If this is in Word, and we're talking about the existing flyer of GDI (the one with red Ferrari), then:

• Open the flyer
  • From the menu File choose the option Page setup
  • The wondow page setup apears and click on the button Paper at the top of it
  • Sellect the paper size as A5
  • Then click OK button

• The text will fit but the picture will not because it's in fix pisition so you'll have to adapt this picture, too
  • Right click on the picture
  • choose Edit picture (I believe it's so as I have slovene Windows and the buttons are in Slovene)
  • Choose the Size button at the top of the window
  • Change width to 12 cm and you're done
  • Now all you need to do is print the text on the paper two sided with your printer (if you print them on your own of course

Well the things with the other flyers couldn't be much the same.

Now you maybe won't be quite satisfied with the leyout of the text, but moderating the text is the quickest and easyest thing to do I belleive.

I hope it helps!

Many success!

Tatjana

Tatjana
Josh W

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 03, 2005, 06:48:25 PM »

Hi!
I was emailing some leads today, and then I thought, why not send post cards?  Well, I did a bit of research, and found that we can do this online, via the post office for about 41 cents a piece!  And in full color!  I sent out 20 today. 

Here's the document.  Feal free to put it to good use!  This works with the 2 sided postcards.
http://www.kb9wgx.ws/postcard.doc
« Last Edit: September 03, 2005, 06:49:19 PM by Nicole Taylor » Logged
Roxanne G

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: September 04, 2005, 07:06:04 AM »

Norma, That is SSSSSSOOOOOOO cute!!!!!!!!!  Should get a lot of traffic.   LOL.  GREAT JOB!!!

Have a great day, after all, today is the first day of the rest of your life!!

Roxanne
Tatjana Prelog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: September 04, 2005, 03:35:44 PM »

Oh, it's great! He even has that look like "Did you hear me ..." and like he would thinking about "What in the name of God I will do in that College?" ...

Yes, you defenitally will have a lot of traffic with this!!!

Tatjana

Tatjana
P_Gringel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: September 06, 2005, 05:43:40 AM »

Re the new sitebuilder notifications  I do believe as I have said

before  on the forum that GDI needs to put its not unimpressive resources into
things that matter most "like  the support system." I have found them really nice "when they reply"
I just think they are getting  snowed under and possibly a bit more support from the powers that be,
would change the emphasis for the better. How about a CHAT in real time  system. Roll Eyes Well It works for  others very well! Wink
By the way I am not bagging GDI persay the company overall has a good feel and persona and that makes for a real good vibe!
     I want it to be taken only as positive criticism for the best outcome ( especially for us)lol. :-*Ofcourse I did mean chat with support there it would be most helpful in relieving  frustration in getting an ananswer to a problem .

« Last Edit: September 06, 2005, 05:45:32 AM by P_Gringel » Logged
LoganWandell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: September 16, 2005, 11:53:10 AM »

Here's another banner for you gang! hope you like it!  Wink

Let me know if you have any ideas!

-Logan

Here's somthing to think about:
"Only when you speak, can someone listen to your message" Word Of Mouth: It's the Secret to Network Marketing!

"The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse gets the cheese!"
Darlene S

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 19, 2005, 10:34:36 PM »

:)Just wanted to say that I liked all the ideas in this forum and I am going to put them to use.  I have some prospects with questions and wasn't sure on how to answer them.  Now I think I have all the tools necessary to at least sound like I know what I am doing, but still being myself.  The program works, I know, I signed up! But some people need a little more of a push.  Thanks guys, for the advise that keeps coming our way!
Darlene

FOR PENNIES THE MOUNTAIN OF LIFE CAN BE CLIMBED TO THE HIGHEST PEAK, REACH FOR THE CLOUDS AND THE DREAM COMES ALIVE!
ThomasD

Soakin up some rays!

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 22, 2005, 08:34:26 PM »

Hi Everyone!

I just signed up last night and am absolutely thrilled with this forum idea!  I've really enjoyed all the flyer examples and comments in this thread!  After i watched the movie that's on the 'inside' of the site, it started me thinking.  They suggest sending the business cards when paying bills, returning rented movies, etc.  I also noted the earlier post about putting them on supermarket boards which i did earlier today as i am a vendor and am in and out of supermarkets all day long.  And i applaud the brilliance of the team that is going to enlighten the folks at the super bowl this year!  What a concept!

Another idea i had is to put flyers in the shopping carts with the supermarket sales papers.  This thought also came to mind:  when getting a newspaper from the machine, why not leave the door open long enough to put flyers in all the available newspapers left?  I'm not sure of the ethics on this one.  Maybe someone else knows if this would be considered reputable. 

So i've seen a large amount of flyer examples on here, what about examples of good places to put them?  Does anyone have any good ideas that they would be willing to share?   I'm just about 16 hours into this and am sure to think of something.  I'll keep you updated.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24
  Print  

Jump to: